The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

The Black Heart in high end raiding

Is it worth it?
    I mean with icc being low dodge area, is it worth to combine the heart with for example corroded skeleton key for tanking most of the instance?
    anyone tried it?
    Thrall's Balls

Re: The Black Heart in high end raiding

If you don't have another option, yes.

But any stam trinket with an higher item level is better than the black heart (afaik)

http://rawr.codeplex.com/
    seriously more helpfull then your going to get posting on a forum mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFurr
    http://rawr.codeplex.com/
    seriously more helpfull then your going to get posting on a forum mostly.
    Yeah, basically this ^^

Its best attribute is the massive armor proc, if you can find an encounter where higher health AND proc'd armor are good... and the fight allows you to 'waste' some of the ICD time when not tanking anything, then it's still good.

I (due to lack of other stuff and people whining about hp) have that exact combo on my DK Unholy Tank.
    Have Ferver of the Frostborn aswell but prefer this. Lots of hp and a 7k armor buff. Whats not to like?
    If there is nothing else available why not.

*this is my alt btw*
    In the Groves of Death

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Maha
    Its best attribute is the massive armor proc, if you can find an encounter where higher health AND proc'd armor are good... and the fight allows you to 'waste' some of the ICD time when not tanking anything, then it's still good.
    well i cant think of a fight that makes a load of stamina and armor not useful.
    high stamina and armor own icc i think
    Thrall's Balls

Deleted

I'm in a 10 Player Strict Guild meaning only worthy Trinket I'll find in ICC is the one from Putricide. I can farm ToTC 25 for 10 weeks straight and hope that the RNG Gods are going to make it drop and make me win, but why give up a 7K Armor proc when you go to approx 60K raid buffed in ICC? Black Heart and Organ is the combo I use, and the proc uptime on both is just great.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

cant get my hands on heart of iron / juggernauts vitality, so im running with key + heart. its a good trinket. to bad the armor is a proc rather than a use.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz
    I'm in a 10 Player Strict Guild meaning only worthy Trinket I'll find in ICC is the one from Putricide. I can farm ToTC 25 for 10 weeks straight and hope that the RNG Gods are going to make it drop and make me win, but why give up a 7K Armor proc when you go to approx 60K raid buffed in ICC? Black Heart and Organ is the combo I use, and the proc uptime on both is just great.
    hats off to any strict 10 man raider
    it can be very very challenging and it's achievements is mostly undervalued by those who have not tried it.

back on topic, blackheart is OP imo, keep it until you can find another trinket with more stam, as others mentioned jugger or heart of iron. I've wanted the Unidentifiable Organ from putricide myself, but havn't seen even 1 drop yet.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by xeroxide
    hats off to any strict 10 man raider
    it can be very very challenging and it's achievements is mostly undervalued by those who have not tried it.
    That's what I always say too lol. Wish Blizz would support it more openly with "Gear Level" Achievements like Tribute to Dedicated Insanity and Herald of the Titans.... >.<

Its a nice trink, i just got it.

Im not the OP but whats better for tanking as blood out of these 3

Icks rotting thumb
    Essence of Gossamer
    The Black heart.

Best 2, with vampiric blood+icks rotting thumb my health goes from 35.9k to 45.4k, better for an oh sh- button but the passive HP from EoG+TBH might be better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Even tho it's level200, it's still very good.
    Why?
    Because all the other players are so focused on HP if you want to join a PUG raid.
    Can't really blame them, in general people prefer high end tanks who take more damage than lower hp tanks who take less damage. That's just the game is (at this point)
    Just like the darkmoon card (Greatness) it's a low level item, but it boosts stats that are so very wanted, so it's really great(ness, HAHAHAHAH.... fail joke)

For a DK it's nice because we boost our stam with frost presence and the talent in blood (if you're blood that is)
    The extra armor is nice if you took the bladed armor talent. Not only it gives you more mitigation, it also improves your damage (and thus threat) a little.

If this would be cataclysm, where blizz will make healing a bit "harder" (because mana will go down etc, so healers will care if you take more damage) then it would be something different.

I'd say, take/keep it, get the trinket from frost emblems with like 228 stam on it, and you're good to for quite some time. It's nicer because you can time the "proc" (use) on it so you can use it when a high damage moment is coming.
    At least till you can use it inside ICC25 till you get a trinket with more stam on it

IT is still fairly good to end game raiding, but most tanks will look towards the stam trinket from sindragosa and/or badges paired with abominable organ. If you havnt got access to 10/25 icc, then 85% of realms should be able to clear toc 25 easily in a pug. just start your own group, say its reserved, hope the rng gods are smiling and there ya go, 192 stam with pretty awesome on use effect.

I'm currently in ICC 10 / 25 though we're just up to Sindragosa and I still use Black Heart on every fight. It's an amazingly powerful trinket for the ILvL.

It's not really a good end game trinket. I currently use it on my warrior from time to time since I don't have a better stamina trinket. I would use it for example on Sindragosa(big breaths make extra health win), but most the time I use the badge armor trinket (glyph of Glyph of Indomitability). My opinion personally is that having the ability to control when a trinket goes off for a tank is way more useful that a chance when hit.

If you can I would suggest getting a Juggernauts Vitality or another high stamina trinket. Someone in this topic said something about being high health and taking more damage or less health and taking less damage. That is completely untrue. High Health also comes with high armor, also with that comes better scaling with the ICC buffs and more effective passives like will of the necropolis. If you have a lot of top tier gear you should be getting close to cap on armor, which is 75% reduction, a 7k armor proc in that situation is almost useless. Juggernauts Vitality on the other hand has a 4k bonus health use which would give a bigger health pool for stuff like will of the necropolis or even if you expect a big burst of damage and you need to give your healers a little more time to heal. Basically don't use black heart unless you have nothing else. Try to find two of the highest Stamina trinkets that you can maybe armor trinkets and use indestructible potions if you need some extra armor during a fight.

Someone mentioned only having access to ten mans, if that is the case you might want to consider going back to ulduar and getting Royal Seal of King lane or trying to get into a 25m pug.
    If possible never use proc based tanking trinkets unless the proc is "if you drop below 35% health blah blah blah."

15+ Year Old Account

I was about to comment about the fact that TBH is so valued that every class that can use it always rolls need, whether they are tanking or not, making it a very "ninjaed" item, but Ychro does bring up a good point:

If possible never use proc based tanking trinkets unless the proc is "if you drop below 35% health blah blah blah."
    Proc trinkets are great for DPS, ok for healers, but frustrating for tanks; no guarantee that the effect will be there when you need it can be frustrating.

I do agree that it is a very good trinket for its level, and is not easily replaced prior to ICC.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ychro
    Someone mentioned only having access to ten mans, if that is the case you might want to consider going back to ulduar and getting Royal Seal of King lane or trying to get into a 25m pug.
    First - I said 10 Player Strict. Meaning ICC 25 and ToGC 25 are out of the question. Second - Royal Seal of King Liane has a Parry use which I'm sure you know is the worse form of Avoidance. Aegis from Black Heart is bound to be up way more than the 2 minute Cooldown 20 second Duration on Royal Seal. Plus - How the hell do you expect to find a decent PuG for Ulduar that will go for a full-clear?

Also - With full BiS Gear and Raid Buffs you go to around 71% DR from Armor. If you're not in Full BiS you're around 70% DR. 7K Armor will not bring you beyond 75% Dr, but it will bring you close to it. It's a very powerful Trinket not to be underestimated.

However yes if you have Jug's Vita the 4K HP from it stacks lovely with VB.