Question about orc racial (expertise to axe)

Hi there,
    i have a question regarding the +5 expertise orc racial?

Im using an axe in the mainhand and a mace in the offhand as fury. Does the expertise gain apply to both weapons or just the axe? So if my mainhand expertise is 26, will the offhand be 21 only hence far below the cap?

Apologies if it has been asked before, but i couldnt find a relevant post.

Appreciate the advice

Re: Question about orc racial (expertise to axe)

Yep. You only get the expertise for whichever hand has an axe in it. Kinda sucks and makes calculating its value a little hard in the offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot
    Yep. You only get the expertise for whichever hand has an axe in it. Kinda sucks and makes calculating its value a little hard in the offhand.
    Ah, that sucks indeed. I guess wielding 2 axes would be the way to go then, wasted racial otherwise

Being slightly under the expertise cap for just your offhand isn't much of an issue. If you cap your mainhand with that racial, expertise's value becomes pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by asb
    Being slightly under the expertise cap for just your offhand isn't much of an issue. If you cap your mainhand with that racial, expertise's value becomes pretty low.
    This is pretty true. I also hate trying to figure out if I should have, for example, a 232 mace mainhand with my 245 axe in my offhand for the expertise. Or swap them and gem/gear the extra expertise.

Obviously I'm dwarf, not orc :P

I've seen this discussed several times and I have the exact answer for you!

Don't both gemming for the off-hand. By Expertise capping your main hand, you gain Your MH attacks and specials being unable to be dodged or parry'd from behind the mob you're attacking(Not in front, don't get discouraged if you see a parry or dodge, it is probably bad luck for you). Your off-hand is mainly used for rage generation, and it still generates rage when dodge/parried, and WW counts as a special. So you're safe.