Enh PvP - Earthbind Totem

I'm really only just getting into PvP on my Shaman. I am in a 3v3 with a BM Hunter and Holy Pally, and BG a lot recently. Though I am still not all too familiar with the Enh PvP workings.

Problem: I've been in many BG's recently useing http://www.wowhead.com/spell=51524 Earthen Power. It SAYS it has a 100% chance to remove snare effects on PULSE. But, I have seen on SEVERAL occasions, where it does not get rid of things. My question is what spells are NOT considered snares?

I ask because I have seen the totem not work on Elemental shamans Earthbind root, Druids Root, Mage Frost Nova, or Hunter Entrapment. Though this is not all the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

The talent/mechanic confuses me.

Re: Enh PvP - Earthbind Totem

I might be mistaken, but I believe Snare != Root.

As such, if you're 100% slowed (frost nova, entangling roots etc.) it would not work, but on effects like Chains of Ice or Hamstring it will properly remove the slowing effect.

Again, I could be mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account

It has a 6 or so second pulse and it tends to fail as much as tremor totem

As an additional note - in that particular comp you have both Master's Call and Hand of Freedom to keep you out of roots though.

No way its 6 seconds to wait for a dispel/pulse. More like 2-3. But yes it def does not remove roots. Possibly your wolves are what you're noticing breaking the roots, as their sprint is naturally on autocast, and they'll cast it as soon as you get rooted and they're nearby. This also gives immunity for a short time (3 seconds IIRC). Just as thought though, maybe your eb is better than everyone else and can break roots :

Quote Originally Posted by Zethyr
    As an additional note - in that particular comp you have both Master's Call and Hand of Freedom to keep you out of roots though.
    I know, as well as Spirit Walk. My questions were mainly stated towards BG's. Only mentioned Arena just cause I'm still trying to figure everything out

As for Hamstring and Chains of Ice, I really have not noticed if they get removed. I thought they were considered slowing effects. A snare assumes that you CANNOT move, I thought.

I use the dictionary term:

"Snare - something by which one is entangled, involved in difficulties, or impeded"

If that definition is correct, you would assume that druid roots would be a snare? Elemental totem roots?

Just curious because I guess I would not see the point of having that talent if you have ghost wolf to get out of hamstrings and cleanse poison to remove rogues slows.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Ronix
    Just as thought though, maybe your eb is better than everyone else and can break roots :
    Just meant I THINK I have notices on occasion it getting rid of frost nova/entrapment or the like. The roots, as you said, were possibly my wolves breaking me as I dropped EB and was confused? Perhaps.

Note: No need to be condescending either, thanks.

In WoW, a snare is something that doesn't completely disable you from running, just slows you. Roots is what you think it meant.

Frost nova and roots (druid,shaman,hunter) for instance, are immobilizing effects. Don't take them for snares, even though it seems logical.

Snares are all slowing effects.
    So, if you can move, it is a snare and will thus be dispeled. And if you can't move, you are immobilized.

These are entirely different things.