Enhancement in PvP - Many Dilemmas

I have been working around a Talent/Glyph Build for Enhancement in PvP.
    The latest i came up with is something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hVMhVZ...Gzo0uio:NjfVMm
    I would use http://www.wowhead.com/item=50463 (Totem of the Avalanche).

However, i have quite a few dilemmas about it:
    * Lack of Ancestral Knowledge (10% more Intellect = more mana and attack power through Mental Dexterity)
    * Is Guardian Totems worth it (2 seconds less Grounding Totem cool down)
    * Enhancing Totems/Improved Windfury Totem: are these talents worth for fast paced PvP combat?
    * Lack of Anticipation (50% reduced DISARM duration)
    * Lack of LavaLash (Im using Frostbrand on Offhand for Frozen Power buff/extra slow;Lava Lash would be weak)
    * Lack of StaticShock:At 6% chance this talent is very random and totally unreliable;perhaps not worth the points.
    * Lack of Improved Stormstrike:Im not sure will i need this extra mana in PvP. 20-8=[b]12% BASE mana is very little.
    * Elemental Warding vs Elemental Devastation (2% less dmg vs 3% crit chance): Which talent gets the 3rd point?

Any help, suggestions or constructive comments about these PvP dilemmas are very much appreciated!

Re: Enhancement in PvP - Many Dilemmas

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89
    I have been working around a Talent/Glyph Build for Enhancement in PvP.
    The latest i came up with is something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hVMhVZ...Gzo0uio:NjfVMm
    I would use http://www.wowhead.com/item=50463 (Totem of the Avalanche).

However, i have quite a few dilemmas about it:
    * Lack of Ancestral Knowledge (10% more Intellect = more mana and attack power through Mental Dexterity)
    * Is Guardian Totems worth it (2 seconds less Grounding Totem cool down)
    * Enhancing Totems/Improved Windfury Totem: are these talents worth for fast paced PvP combat?
    * Lack of Anticipation (50% reduced DISARM duration)
    * Lack of LavaLash (Im using Frostbrand on Offhand for Frozen Power buff/extra slow;Lava Lash would be weak)
    * Lack of StaticShock:At 6% chance this talent is very random and totally unreliable;perhaps not worth the points.
    * Lack of Improved Stormstrike:Im not sure will i need this extra mana in PvP. 20-8=[b]12% BASE mana is very little.
    * Elemental Warding vs Elemental Devastation (2% less dmg vs 3% crit chance): Which talent gets the 3rd point?

Any help, suggestions or constructive comments about these PvP dilemmas are very much appreciated!
    Take points out of Guardian Totems, and Imp WF to get Imp SS and Lava Lash and one(?) point of DW spec. Imp SS isn't much mana, but it's much more reliable than SR. It's one or two points of DW spec, you need it because the melee hit cap in PvP is much higher than the spell hit cap. Guardian totems and Imp WF are contradictory talents, what's the point of getting Imp WF when you're going to have a grounding down a lot? Personally skip them both, Guardian totems is a talent for Ele's and Resto's to get, Imp WF is for PvE. You should also move the 3 points of Enhancing Totems to Ancestral Knowledge, you are not going to have a SoE totem down much. That describes a pretty standard build, there are some floater points which you can leave in Toughness (The return on this talent is pretty sad) or move to Anticipation or Static Shock depending on which you prefer. Static Shock is taken more for the extra charges than for the chance to proc on melee. If you're going to arena with another melee or with a Hunter any disarms will probably be saved for your teammate, if you are going to BG I honestly wouldn't expect people to play that smart.

I would go 3/3 Elemental Warding an 2/3 Elemental Devastation, you are not going to be getting a lot of spell crits against Resil targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Deleted

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hVciZM...GdoRuio:NjhVMm

I'm running like this. And I know a lot of other enhancement shamans are as well.

I don't know how you could live without a 5 second interrupt.

Your going to have Tremor/Stoneclaw down a lot more than having SoE down. Its only really viable against TSG and Ret/Hunter, if they come with the standard setup. (Paladin and Shaman healer).

Missing out on those 4% hit rating, means you'll actully have to socket hit rating, which you wont.

Not taking Lava Lash is like forgetting to imbue WF on your MH. Its one global cooldown, which can crit for a few thousands. And Your going to have mana issues, especially if the game drags out a bit. So you want improved stormstrike for sure.

10+ Year Old Account

Best constructive comment would be to go Ele.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    Best constructive comment would be to go Ele.
    Thanks but Elemental got quite boring for me. Resto as well.
    Thx for all the other tips you folks gave me!

Anyone got any more advice or suggestions?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Ghrunt&group=1

This is the spec that I run. 3/3 anticipation because I run with Black Magic (250 haste is sex) and the disarm hurts way too much if I don't have 50% duration decrease. One could switch this out for Titanium Weapon Chain

IMO Guardian Totems is absolutely worth it, but I suppose the main question is what comp do you run, and is the extra survivability necessary. I run double DPS in 2s, so it absolutely helps. Same thing with Elemental Warding.

You must have 5/5 reverberation... seriously.

I take all the mana conserving talents I can, because with healing my partner in 2s I can go OOM fairly fast and often times SR is on CD (used it defensively). I find it helps in 3s as well where games can get dragged out (if we dont score an early kill).

The main thing is to ask yourself what type of team are you going to be running with and what do you need to bring to give yourself extra survivability/damage.

Quote Originally Posted by ghrunt
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Ghrunt&group=1

This is the spec that I run. 3/3 anticipation because I run with Black Magic (250 haste is sex) and the disarm hurts way too much if I don't have 50% duration decrease. One could switch this out for Titanium Weapon Chain

IMO Guardian Totems is absolutely worth it, but I suppose the main question is what comp do you run, and is the extra survivability necessary. I run double DPS in 2s, so it absolutely helps. Same thing with Elemental Warding.

You must have 5/5 reverberation... seriously.

I take all the mana conserving talents I can, because with healing my partner in 2s I can go OOM fairly fast and often times SR is on CD (used it defensively). I find it helps in 3s as well where games can get dragged out (if we dont score an early kill).

The main thing is to ask yourself what type of team are you going to be running with and what do you need to bring to give yourself extra survivability/damage.
    Why are you wasting your time here when you could be making another beastcleave video? :O Hurry!
    ''Argh, I would have OBLITERATED all of those 1v1!''

Quote Originally Posted by Skogtrollet
    Why are you wasting your time here when you could be making another beastcleave video? :O Hurry!
    LOL. Im working on another one as we speak.

Deleted

You are definitely going to want to take 5/5 reverb and 2/2 imp stormstrike. Screw enhancing totems and imp wf, because you'll most likely be running out of range from your totems often and replacing your wf by dropping grounding and earthbind on nearly every cooldown. 10% stamina is rather weak aswell and the reduction to movement imparing is completely useless, since 1) you're going to be slowed nearly 100% of the time when targeted (and it is at that point it would be useful) so duration reduction doesn't help and 2) you have ghost wolf and earthbind to get out of the effects.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hVcimZMGgcoxzIGzoRuio
    I'd go with something like this, but there is some playing room. I find that I don't really crit much with spells in pvp gear, but if you're mana starved too often then you might want to consider elemental focus instead of 1 point in elemental fury. Perhaps move a few points to dual wield spec if you miss much.

Also you might want to consider another major glyph instead of stormstrike, since in pvp you use frost shock instead of es quite often. Renewed life is useless in arena. you can replace that with water breathing for a decoy buff if you don't like carrying reagents around. Or if you want to keep it for bgs, then replace water walking with water breathing, since the latter has to actually be dispelled instead of dissapearing after taking damage. Also using water shield glyph is a good idea, since you're going to be using water shield quite often.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jamdawg
    This!