Power Aura, this has probably been asked before but....

Hello all, first time poster but have lurked around for a while.

Anyway recently I've been trying to get power auras to play an in game audio file whenever a proc occurs (killing machine on my alt). I want /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\UR_FemaleYogg_Help02.wav") to play, I've tried using this and "Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\UR_FemaleYogg_Help02.wav" but no sound plays, I can get the power aura pre installed sounds to work but tbh there not ideal. Is there a way to get this file to work? If not is there another way to get it to work besides power aura? Thank you.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Power Aura, this has probably been asked before but....

Try adding \\ to the front of the path. That is, "\\Sound\\Creature\\YoggSaron\\UR_FemaleYogg_Help02.wav" will be the sound path.

Gave that a try unfortunately no dice =(

Just in case Its something I'm doing wrong in the menu I just took a picture will try the \\

Is it even possible to play in game files with power auras?
    Or is there a place to download each quote for use in the custom sound files?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Don't put in the quotation marks. It's just \\Sound\\Creature\YoggSaron\\UR_FemaleYogg_Help02.wav

Beginning of a directory is \\
    Subsequent folders in the directory are just \

eg

\\Sound\Creature\YoggSaron\UR_FemaleYogg_Help02.wav

No quotes or anything around it. If this still does not work, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The lack of rage on my Warrior is something of a paradox. Because everytime I hear, "Need more rage!" I get angrier and angrier, yet my rage bar doesn't fill up any faster.

That path doesn't work as the root directory for the "OR soundfiles:" field is in the power aura mod's directory ie.

\interface\addons\PowerAuras\Sounds

I have yet to find anywhere that gives an option to path directly to game files to add sound in Power Auras.

I've haven't tried them, but have seen where you can use programs like MyWarCraftStudio or WinMPQ to browse the WoW MPQ files to find and extract the sounds you are looking for. Then you would want to add them to the \interface\addons\PowerAuras\Sounds folder, then you should be able to just type the name of the sound file in the "OR soundfile:" field in the Power Aura GUI.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

So I spent a good 3+ hours trying to figure out the answer to this question. YES you can play the default (standard) wow sound files.
    You must enter the sound file path without the extra quotes, brackets or "\". So for example the goblin "Explosey Time" script looks like:
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Character\\PCGoblinFemale\\VO_PCGoblinFemale_Charge04.ogg") BUT to play this script in power auras you would enter:
    Sound\Character\PCGoblinFemale\VO_PCGoblinFemale_Charge04.ogg

Hope this helps anyone else who get stuck banging at this issue.