Demo Cataclysm Lvling: FG vs VW?

Just wondering what people's thoughts are for lvling as demo in cataclysm as to whether to use the Felguard or the Voidwalker? The Felguard's gonna generate better single-target threat right, but will presumably suffer with survivability (unless you are Blood Funneling all the time, which reduces amount of overall dps, causing slower kills anyway) and obviously AoE threat. But the VW has better surv. and much better AoE threat gen, meaning bigger pulls and moar dots and Hellfire (since Blizz wants that as our new AoE spell for Demo locks) making more mobs go down faster. And with a boost to Torment for the VW, will VW lvling be a better/quicker option in the environment (excluding dungeons ofc)? Thoughts?

Re: Demo Cataclysm Lvling: FG vs VW?

In my opinion it is still to early to say, we just know what they have told us. If we had the fully revamped skills, talents, petskills and glyphs it would be a lot easier but I am hoping to get to use my void a bit more than I have been.

15+ Year Old Account

Unless you have news as to the HP levels of both players and creatures in Cataclysm, this thread is pointless.

R.I.P. YARG

still think fg will be best
    , because of your heal throght dmg talents that i guess will remain
    but personaly i will do the ua-corr-coa-next mob rotation :P
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

We will have to wait and see but in the past the FG has always been better as soon as you had the ability to use it. While leveling I don't expect the mobs to do enough damage for it cause problems for the FG to tank.

15+ Year Old Account

VW stopped being able holding agro long ago when leveling. None of the pets hold agro really well but FG make some of it up with generating more threat due to it's damage.
    I for one will level using FG and dots I think. Might not be the most umpf or fun but definetly the least downtime
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

If leveling is anything like it's been in the past, things should die so fast that threat and pet health aren't really an issue. I personally plan to stick with the Fel Guard for the stun and cleave, barring any significant unannounced changes of course.
    How I waste my time: Biter Comics

15+ Year Old Account

Fast leveling is not about how fast stuff die really, its about downtime. Another advantage with FG is that one can solo about 90% of all groupquests which might not be doable as "die fast" destro
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

In Cataclysm, we will be able to summon a Fel Gerbil to tank for us.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

I'll just be Affliction and multiDoT everything as I steam through...with a Demo offspec with FG for soloing group quests.

Dual-spec ftw, it's not like we have to commit to just 1 spec for leveling, especially when people use specific examples like group quests for being the reason they pick a spec.

Pick the fastest spec for grinding out, and switch depending on what you will need rarely.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamOfTheRood
    In Cataclysm, we will be able to summon a Fel Gerbil to tank for us.
    will this FelGerbil have green fire?...

i plan to level strictly through LFD... so neither for me...