honour reset in new expansion?

Quick question... did they reset honour at the start of WotLK?

I'm sitting on a decent amount (not that it takes long to farm, but whatever) and tonnes of old marks and stone keeper shards. I was planning to stockpile it all until cata then pretty much instantly (hopefully....) get 2-3 pieces of entry level raid gear from honour.

Is this realistic? I expect stone keepers shards and old bg marks will still give honour come cata (maybe less than now, but still a decent amount).

But then..... i just realised (and cba to re-write all of this :P) that its changing to a points based system come cata. So is this all going to be wasted?

Not bothered about spending it all now as i dont pvp much on my mage and dont really need the gold from gems, although that may end up being the only option...

Any *useful* input appreciated

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

Re: honour reset in new expansion?

No they did not reset Honor for Wrath due to constant bitching from the playerbase.

However, they did hugely increase the amount of the Savage Gladiator set.
    Sonics - Argent Dawn EU
    Mahurum - Argent Dawn EU

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by scism
    get 2-3 pieces of entry level raid gear from honour.
    maybe ive miss something but entry level raid gear from honor?
    a source to a blue post would be helpful lol

i sit on LOADS of commendations atm and would love to know myself =P

no they wont, but they will make things be so expensive that all honor that you still keep, will get you maybe 1 and a half pieces of equip.

lets say you have 75k honor and 100k in badges, then one offset piece will cost approximately 90k.

also to make it equal, you will get a shit ton of honor more from battlegrounds, (maybe 10-15k per bg)

thats basically how they will scale everything up,