Thinking about Rerolling Shammy : Advice ?

Hello. Ive been thinking a lot lately about rerolling a shammy.

My main focus would be elemental, as I love casters but Ive been looking to get something with a lot faster gameplay, like Ele has, as far as I know.

I also think Enhancement would be a lot of fun to raid with, I like the unpredictable numbers. And of course I would enjoy healing every now and then as an offspec.

- How does Elemental place in damage in raids, potentially meter topping.
    - How about Enhance.
    - Would you say they are a fun class to raid with, as far as the DPS pov goes.
    - Hows the levelin process?

Any help is appreciated : )

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: Thinking about Rerolling Shammy : Advice ?

For Enh there is already a post with similar questions

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...cement-195956/

Look for a post for Ele, sure there is one on the first 2 badges
    "For if men needed speech in order to learn to think, they had a still greater need for knowing how to think in order to discover the art of speaking"

Quote Originally Posted by Shullski
    - How does Elemental place in damage in raids, potentially meter topping.
    - How about Enhance.
    - Would you say they are a fun class to raid with, as far as the DPS pov goes.
    - Hows the levelin process?
    - Usually among the last when playing with equal gear and skill
    - Enhance is a little better, and brings better buffs for melee than ele brings for ranged
    - I've only tried elemental and tbh it's a lot of fun. Target swapping and fights with multiple targets are actually enjoyable as you don't have much ramp up time compared to other classes
    - Leveled as elemental in full BoAgear and it was kinda insane. Most mobs die in 2-3 LBs and with water shield + 2x trinkets you never go oom. Had some problems with big groupquests but when you get earth & fire elemental and bloodlust it's just pewpew.

The OP is quite accurate;

An elemental shaman's damage is often a lot lower than other ranged/hybrid classes. You will probably have to earn a raid spot as an extremely skilled player or be brought for extra totems and possibly heroism.
    Enhancement brings very strong buffs for melee DPS, being Windfury and Unleashed Rage, though both of these can be provided by other classes. Enhacement has bigger potential on the meters but are harder to master (survivability, priority system, lots of skills on different cooldowns to manage etc). Once you get the hang of it, Enhancement becomes one of the most amusing specs to play, imo.

I'd say shaman is very strong and fun to play in it's roles as melee DPS and healer. I've only leveled as Elemental, so no experience raiding or doing serious instances.

For leveling I'd definitely advise Elemental. Enhancement only really gets fun after level 40 when Dual Wield is available, and even then it's quite frustrating as you will be missing, getting dodges and parried a lot.
    Elemental is pretty straight forward until level 75 when you get Lava Burst: before that it's Lightning Bolt spam, potentially mixed with Chain Lightning and Fire Nova on multiple targets. Bigger mana (compared to Enhancement) helps survivability, and with Water Shield you'll almost never run out of mana.

I have played a shaman since Vanilla, I love my shaman.
    I recently went Ele for my secondary spec for pvp and its a hell of a lot of fun.

my MS is Hance and due to its PR chain i really enjoy its game play over Ele as far as pve. But seeing as beast cleave is my only real viable option for pvp as a hancer other than BGs i stick to Ele for pvp.

i<3shm

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by henern
    - Usually among the last when playing with equal gear and skill
    Funny that, every class apart from FoTM seems to think this.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Quote Originally Posted by malkara
    Funny that, every class apart from FoTM seems to think this.
    agreed, and that being said,
    while my elemental gear is pvp even in a normal well geared ICC25 im not bottom rung.
    Ill admit im nowhere in the top 5 but on average i mingle in the top 10ish.

As hance im normally @ least in the top 5 on DPS burn fights like festergut but in the mid top 10 on target switch fights.

My opinion is don't re-roll. All we need is another Elemental shaman post that says, "Please help my elemental shaman dps."

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanutra
    My opinion is don't re-roll. All we need is another Elemental shaman post that says, "Please help my elemental shaman dps."
    awww I like helping people tho!

The thing is, since elemental is quite easier to play than enhance (not even going to pretend it isn't) you can spend more time thinking about other things in raid like movement, small bits of dps while running (engineering bombs, fire nova, frost shock and the like) and lining up your cooldowns for a super-powered fire elemental for 2 mins straight

It takes alot of skill to top the meters as enhance, but it takes alot of effort to really put yourself out ahead of other elementals <3