Soloing old outland heroics/instances. Profitable?

Topic title, not much else to say. My Ret Pally can solo all the regulars with ease, so I can assume I could do the heroics too.

Re: Soloing old outland heroics/instances. Profitable?

There is no profit, only Zuul...

Anyway, but of course it will be profitable, as for being MORE profitable than other avenues of ingame income, probably not
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

bump

Gidrah

Profitable like.. wut?

Gold? Do daylies
    Oldschool Gear? Vanilla looks better imho
    Never saw the content? Yea, it´s really worth the effort

Don´t really know what profit you want

Quote Originally Posted by Gidrah
    Profitable like.. wut?

Gold? Do daylies
    Oldschool Gear? Vanilla looks better imho
    Never saw the content? Yea, it´s really worth the effort

Don´t really know what profit you want
    I dunno man. Maybe if he's an enchanter he could get some gold out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Genooo
    Topic title, not much else to say. My Ret Pally can solo all the regulars with ease, so I can assume I could do the heroics too.
    A fresh 80 ret paladin in NPC bought whites could solo outland regulars with ease.

You wont get far as prot, Molten core boss's 50g+ and raggy is 150g+ drop. The raid is lush aswell its nogolistic. Solo ZG/AQ20/MC.

ZG - Coins + Bijou will be bought by 60 twinks for rep boss's drop 30g or so each hakkar 50g.

MC - Very nice raid boss drops are insane, There is a chance of thunderfury and 50g+ per boss that drops and IF LUCKY 30SP BoE recipe sells 5k gold my server.

AQ20 - Just gold same as MC only Last doesnt reach 100g cause its a 20 man level 60 raid. Avoid Flesh Hunters... if u melee they stun and deal dmg = to % of hp usually kills u in 1 go and heals. Judgement Exorism them.

Karazhan - I soloed some boss's with 3.6k GS some tier 7/8 ages ago was nice gold was a few I skipped ofc but prince was was easy.

ZA - Requires to end geat, tier 10 (2set) to beat enrage timer of some and u will need alot of hp to outheal some boss's.

Have been told by friend on servere... 6.1k GS she soloeds TK sept for last for cash 2... I havent tried but its possible.

BWL the 1st 2 arent soloable... and AQ40 is sept for Vis/C'Thun the 1st willr equire alot of DPS and Nature reistance boss splits every 25% and spams 3k DMG each copy has roguegly 40-50k hp and 2 spawn a time. Elementium ore will sell 750g+ of u do get a few m8s to go BWL and who the hell doesnt want tier 2 for looks?

I recomment Ony10/25 Trinkets. the 510 Health per 5seconds etc, they stack and are insane MP5. i wear the 572 Health per 5sec + 228STA frost trinket. Shield comes in handy and heal more per hp.

Edit: Above most mentions enchanter. Right now Mongoose is still best tanking enchant and is HOLY CRAP expensive mats. Take an enchanter to do TBC Norms/HC's. O yes Maggy/Gruul is soloable with good gear but... take a friend maggy drops over 500g?

Molten Core - Not much pure gold, the enchanting formulae can be interesting though.
    Zul'Gurub - Decent, if you get Polymorph: Turtle, +1K gold
    Karazhan - Doable, decent, takes loads of time though, and you get lost easily :P
    AQ20 - nothing special, easy mode - low cash.

Although you can't as a Ret pally :

Magtheridon - an easy 500G

imo

go 300 enchant

take a trip and do 5 instance resets in Strat, just clear everything..

DE everything, u get LBS / GEE and lots of illusion dust.. sells for good prices on AH!
    Ochun <Decimation> (lvl.. 83!?) gogo casual lvling!

In theory, this question is pretty much the same had it been done with the vanilla WoW angle. In my opinion, farming old school instances can be profitable if you get needed materials, like ores, leather, plants, and other items required for special profession upgrades. Those hard-to-find items or patterns/recipes can also be sold for a decent profit. Alot of players tend to race through vanilla WoW and BC content just to get to Northrend, and then settle in on questing and raiding, or PvP'ing if that fits your fancy.

Personally, it would be profitable because some players are somewhat anal when it comes to "beating" the game, or making yourself the best professional in your profession. Having evey pattern or recipe for your profession.

As far as gear is concerned, due to the addition of Heirloom items, not too many items can be sought out. But the obvious ones, like leggings, wrists, waists, feet, and other items not currently heirlooms can be profitable if it is in demand.
    Work in Progress....

Kinda depends on what you want to get out of it. Take strat, if someone goes with you to XP leach, you can have them loot and give you all of the runecloth (15g per stack on my server) and make sure to group with an enchanter (they don't have to be near you at all, just partied) so you can DE anything that drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Personally, as a Protection Paladin I find this to be my main source of in-come.

I'm aware that it's probably not the best way of getting gold, but it's certainly the way I enjoy the most. Dailies were such a grind, and you have to actually think on how you're handling some of those pulls(though I do tend to grab 2-3 at the time, depending on the instance) and bosses(once again, depends on the isntance).

I can usually clear Shattered Halls in 20-30 minutes which gives anywhere from 100-350g from what I've encountered. The money you get from solo'ing heroics are extremely luck dependant.

My personal favourites at the moment are Karazhan and Zul'Aman though. The trash drops a ton of money, and those bosses can be extremely challenging(though that's mainly Zul'Aman).

10+ Year Old Account

If it was more profitable than current content, Blizzard would nerf the profitability to encourage you to play current content like they did over a year ago.

15+ Year Old Account

Outland raids are worth plenty of money if you 2-3 man them. Kara is easily two mannable and most is likely soloable by a Ret Paladin. Trash drops a fair amount of gold and I believe bosses were 30g each last time I was there, not to mention vendorable epics. Magtheridon is great money if you get 1-2 more people. Drops 500g+100g in vendorables and you can clear the entire instance in about 10 minutes. Fewest I have done Gruul's Lair with is 4 people, only because of the first fight, but he dropped a fair bit of change. So profitable and quicker than dailies, yes, but you will liekly need some other people for the non-Kara raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm
    If it was more profitable than current content, Blizzard would nerf the profitability to encourage you to play current content like they did over a year ago.
    Also this.

Older content was worth a ridiculous amount of money at the start of the Wrath of the Lich King. Onyxia dropped between 100-200(300?)g each kill, and I believe all of the lesser bosses in Molten Core dropped about 60-100 as well.

The trash after the Opera Event in Karazhan(the elites) used to drop between 10-16g each as well. All of this was changed however to disencourage people from farming such places for money(although I heard something about people finding a way to reset the trash packs in Karazhan to be the reason).

I still prefer those instances for the challenge though, and it's much nicer than doing the same quests over and over