Great Way To Make Some Start Up Gold!

Hello All ;D,

This little tidbit of advice is for people struggling to make some kind of gold or if you have decided to start fresh on a new server and have no gold what so ever.

Firstly I'd like to say that this was something I stumbled upon a few years ago and I still use it today when I level up a new character on a different realm. It is not ground breaking, but it is guaranteed to work 100% of the time and if you want you can have 100+ gold in your pocket in a day with a level 10 character (maybe even before).

- All about the grind baby -

1.) Level your new toon to level 5
    2.) Grab professions - Mining/skinning
    3.) Farm Piggies - Until your hands are numb, Durotar or Elwynn Forest are nice places...lol
    4.) While chasing boars skin & mine any node you see
    5.) List on AH for profit

Why is this so profitable?

Mining is a hot item right now even [Copper Bars] sell for 5-18g a stack.
    [Boar Meat] sells extremely well anywhere from 5-15g a stack (5g is really cheap as it's now a stack of 20).
    [Light leather] sells decently at around 3-10g a stack as well.

Boar meat still sells well because people still need to power level cooking and they are to lazy to farm the meat themselves or research that [Simple Flour] and [Mild Spices] will give them the same results but cost way less. Or it may be the excitement of grilling fatback that makes them buy... IDK

Obviously the price of these items will be lower/same/or greater dependent on your server but I prefer to stay away from servers that have a poor economy anyway.

It will take a little bit of patience and you will definitely level faster if you just ran through the quests... But you are setting yourself up with a nice foundation to grow your gold empire if you utilize it correctly and don't go blow it on level 9-15 greens.

I hope this helps someone and GL!

- krazed

Deleted

Re: Great Way To Make Some Start Up Gold!

...what? I bet that people who really need to get gold like this aren't visiting MMO-champion yet.

10+ Year Old Account

your guide apparently only applies to your server, as those items sell for about 1/4 of what your stating.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Wrong board.

15+ Year Old Account

Whoa, 5-18g for 20 copper bars?

In the time I would need to farm those bars - if I even had a mining char - I would have done 2-3 daily quests, giving me around 50g.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Before you QQ read what he said
    Quote Originally Posted by krazedwowguy
    This little tidbit of advice is for people struggling to make some kind of gold or if you have decided to start fresh on a new server and have no gold what so ever.

Another good tip is get fishing & cooking and go for deviate fish they sell like a mofo
    My newly started friend got like 800g doing that I sponsored him the cooking recipe though
    and he was only lvl 40

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Whoa, 5-18g for 20 copper bars?

In the time I would need to farm those bars - if I even had a mining char - I would have done 2-3 daily quests, giving me around 50g.
    Could you please tell me where you can do fast daily quests for a lot of money at levevl 5?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmutti
    Could you please tell me where you can do fast daily quests for a lot of money at levevl 5?
    Hmm. Must have read over the first sentance in the OP's post. :/
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Hmm. Must have read over the first sentance in the OP's post. :/
    guess you missed the rest as well. Did you even read the post?
    Quote Originally Posted by krazedwowguy

Firstly I'd like to say that this was something I stumbled upon a few years ago and I still use it today when I level up a new character on a different realm. It is not ground breaking, but it is guaranteed to work 100% of the time and if you want you can have 100+ gold in your pocket in a day with a level 10 character (maybe even before).

1.) Level your new toon to level 5
    2.) Grab professions - Mining/skinning
    3.) Farm Piggies - Until your hands are numb, Durotar or Elwynn Forest are nice places...lol
    4.) While chasing boars skin & mine any node you see
    5.) List on AH for profit

It will take a little bit of patience and you will definitely level faster if you just ran through the quests... But you are setting yourself up with a nice foundation to grow your gold empire if you utilize it correctly and don't go blow it on level 9-15 greens.
    The post was all about leveling and new chars