2 Small SSD's in Raid 0 or...

1 Big One

I'm looking at investing into SSD's and I'm thinking about getting 2 80's to stripe or 1 160. I only plan to use them for my OS and a few select games. Open to all opinons and adivce. Thanks in advance.

Re: 2 Small SSD's in Raid 0 or...

It depends on what SSD's you're looking at. You want as high read speed as possible.

Try avoid 2 SSDs since TRIM does not work with raid 0.

I'm going with the Intel X-25M. It has a max read speed of 250mb/sec in both 80gb and 160gb.

I just don't know if id getting better performance from 2x80's in raid 0 or a single 160.

2 80GBs would be faster but you lose TRIM.
    BUt to be honest, SSDs are fast enough so I would go for the 160GB.

Wow great post man! Thanks for the heads up. No TRIM seems fail in the long run. I went ahead a bought the 160gb. Thanks again.

Np =)
    Hope you'll be happy with you new SSD *jealous*

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Np =)
    Hope you'll be happy with you new SSD *jealous*
    I run three of them in raid 0. Blazing fast load times.

If you configure your systems right, by disabling certain things (sleep mode, page filing etc). Should have no problems with it. Where TRIM is very valuable, it is not needed for long SSD life if you manage them right.
    2x Intel Xeon 5680 12 Cores (2x6 Cores)@ 5.0ghz.* EVGA Classified SR-2 Motherboard.*Kingston Hyper-X 48gb(12x4gb) DDR3 1600.* 3x OCZ Colossus SSD 1.5gb (3x500gb) Raid 0.* 2x Enermax 1250W PSU. 4x EVGA GTX 480 Quad-SLI.* Samsung F3 1TB Storage Drive.* Custom Watercooled (EK 2xCPU/4xGPU Blocks, 2xMCP655 Pumps, 3xXSPC Dual Bay Reservoirs, 3x480 GTX Radiators, 24x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP15 Fans in Push/Pull).* 3x Dell 3008wfp 30" IPS Monitors.* ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 PCIe