Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Deathwing, Final boss?

I've been thinking lately, Most people consider Deathwing as the final boss of the cataclysm expansion, like the lich king is in Wotlk, but after some time surfing the web, I have a theory which opposes these taughts. First of all, Deathwing, Cho'gall and the Three so far confirmed elemental lords are both twisted and corrupted servants of the old gods, Deathwing and the Elemental lords are drawing attention by attemting to destroy azeroth while Cho'gall and the twilight hammer are possibly working on some ritual? Possibly even resurecting C'thun or Something even worse? Secondly, Grim Batol could possibly be included as soon as cataclysm arrives, There is a possibility that Deathwing is in it, can he really be a low tier boss or does he run away once killed? Anyway, the point I am trying to make is, so far, it looks to me like very possibly Deathwing and the elemental lords are only distractions, drawing you away from Cho'gall while he and his clan prepare for something even bigger? Most things i've seen so far link to my theory, like take for example this image taken from another thread:
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ghlands_18.jpg
    Does this mean something? To me it looks like the titans sword is being extracted from the giant statue / corpse, Ither to awaken the beast, or give the sword to someone or something else?
    Secondly, Deathwing is resurecting his children as the undead. To what extent? They have already failed him and he does not look like the loving type. Can they be but distractions to something bigger? And finally, Another clue I am looking at is the reason why Deathwing attacked deepholme and possibly engaged Therazane? Is it possible that within deepholme lies something required for some sort of ritual? Or maybe Therazane does not agree to this possible plot and hence was attacked?
    What do you guys think about this? Am I mistaking? Discuss.

Re: Deathwing, Final boss?

I don't think Deathwing will be a raid boss released with cataclysm, i'm not really into my wow lore as much as others but it would be silly of blizz to bring him out with cataclysm just because it takes most of the attention away from other raid bosses like raggy.

as funzies as the old gods are, Deathwing is the final boss of Cataclysm, he is the poster child, which unlike Iliidan, and more like Arthas, the expansion is about, if we will have any old god refference, or even a dungeon/raid were we engage one and kill it/banish it again, it will be pre-deathwing's release, kinda like Ulduar

Final boss will be Lolimatras in Ruby Sanctum, agent of Kil'Jaeden.

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey
    I don't think Deathwing will be a raid boss released with cataclysm, i'm not really into my wow lore as much as others but it would be silly of blizz to bring him out with cataclysm just because it takes most of the attention away from other raid bosses like raggy.
    I don't think you quite got what the OP meant here. He is talking about cataclysm overall, not the shipped game.

back on topic. deathwing will most likely be the end game boss, and i will be very surprised if he isnt
    [21:24:13] [G] [80:Exeption]: i'm a warlock kinda harry potter myself
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    hes not that technologically advanced, all he needs is google and a right hand

Quote Originally Posted by wut?
    I don't think you quite got what the OP meant here. He is talking about cataclysm overall, not the shipped game.

back on topic. deathwing will most likely be the end game boss, and i will be very surprised if he isnt
    he was talking about how grim batol is announced to be a raid with cataclysms release and deathwing is suppose to be there, so maybe he wasn't the final boss..

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Maybe I'm out of context but still , here I go .

When deathwing dies , does the world come back to look like vanilla wow , does it stay the same as its will become in cataclysm ?

An I guess Deathwing will be just like Arthas , the final boss of the expansion , with maybe another raid , content patch just like ruby sanctum .

Deathwing will be the end bos of the expansion. Basically a given and don't think blizzard want to repeat the Sunwell incident.

I do see us having the presence of an Old God though since there is an Old God in Eastern Kingdoms (Tirisfal namely) based on the quest Prison Break-in that you do around 32 for Tarren Mill. If you kill the warden and read her book, it is stated that the bloodstones are involved with Old Gods and there has been hinted many times at one in Tirisfal Glades. Could also be one of the three that influenced Deathwing. Yogg-saron, Unknown1 (Eastern Kingdoms,) Unknown2 (probably Maelstrom god.)

No other usable bosses for this expansion would be as suited as an endboss as Deathwhing. As for Ragnaros? He has his time to shine in classic in Molten Core. He's just back for the awe factor in Firelands. If Grim Batol is opened as a raid at the beginning of Cataclysm, it will probably be a more large scale version of Halls of Reflection. Just let's everyone have a taste of Deathwing and get a bit more introduced to him before the final battle at the end. Deathwing isn't a villain that many players are familiar with (such as Arthas or Illidan) so it would be a good way to introduce him without all of the "and I would have gotten away with it too!" moments that Wotlk had with Arthas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Or it could... Normal difficulty would be as Lich King heroic. Yeah, good luck killing that with three tiers behind. x) Would be fun tho.

Nah Deathwing will be the final boss. Unless they do a filler like they did in BC (SWP). I still consider Illidan the main boss of BC. We know much in this exp is gonna focus on Deathwing, just like Wotlk focused on Arthas, and BC focused on Illidan.
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Naih
    Maybe I'm out of context but still , here I go .

When deathwing dies , does the world come back to look like vanilla wow , does it stay the same as its will become in cataclysm ?

An I guess Deathwing will be just like Arthas , the final boss of the expansion , with maybe another raid , content patch just like ruby sanctum .
    Take about 5 seconds to think about this, and you'll know things will stay the same. We are talking about MASS NATURAL DAMAGE. After these types of things happen, you aren't going to just make everything that got blown to smithereens or say, like in Auberdine's case, put the big chunks of land-mass back together.... Silly thoughts you have.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Qtulu
    Nah Deathwing will be the final boss. Unless they do a filler like they did in BC (SWP). I still consider Illidan the main boss of BC. We know much in this exp is gonna focus on Deathwing, just like Wotlk focused on Arthas, and BC focused on Illidan.
    i must have missed the part were Illidan did anything in TBC except sit on the top of BT and wait to be killed :3

Deleted

i dont care who will be the final boss of cata, just give me old god raid boss with some yogg taste and im happy

even though GrimBatol may be released with cataclysm, i highly doubt we will kill deathwing there, i wouldnt be surprised if he has like some kind of underground lair under grimbatol.
    he is the earth warder after all >.>.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Naih
    When World War II ended did Europe go back to looking the way it did before the war? Its a natural disaster not an alternate reality.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

off topic Deathwing will be a fight made for gnome tanking
    Insert Signiture here.

Can't wait when we will fight him in his human form, Bolvar looked awesome as lavaman.

Could potentially see us defeating him in Grim Batol due to something like Alexstrasza interfering, him fleeing, giving us time to do something else (think naxx to yogg), and him becoming even more warped in the process by the time we see him again. Maybe kill Alexstrasza or someone else, to give even more cause to destroy him. Not that many people know who Deathwing is, really, and though Blizzard has said they'll do a great deal, I'd like to see something along that line happening. That gives us plenty of open space, seeing him once, then doing god knows what (Old Gods, Cho'gall, whoever whatever) then having a real dance with him.

he was talking about how grim batol is announced to be a raid with cataclysms release and deathwing is suppose to be there, so maybe he wasn't the final boss..
    Or maybe we don't kill him.

Remember the concept art with his horn missing? Maybe we only knock it off in GB.

Probably Kil'Jaedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.