Aren't Gilneas and Kezan high level zones?

Okay, we aren't allowed to post any pictures so please don't as i don't want this post removed.. however feel free to discuss this topic as this is based on already announced information but all the forum topics i read seemed to forget it.

The idea is that Kezan is level 1-6 as well as all of Gilneas being level 1-15, including a lower section you did not see in the leaked pictures which only contain zones in either pre-phase states or post phase states.

THe goblins flee Kezan at level 6 - and the story continues, you flee Kezan thinking it is lost though, you don't know what happens to it. Your sinking ship is rescued by other goblin profiteers and ultimately the horde when your arrival on the Lost Isles (level 7-15) is challenged by the alliance.

Gilneas gets sunk, well half of it does, this is the part you haven't seen in the pictures, and the rept of level 7-15 continue on the upper half, then you leave with the night elves via boat, and like the DK starting area, this level 7-15 version of Gilneas is forever lost.

This brings Gilneas to a new phse, Lost isle remains unchanged. NEw phse Gilneas is high level they said at Blizz con, there you partake in a fight against the forsaken, i.e. horde join the forsaken and alliance the Worgen.

But this was blizzcon, and they may have long since change d their minds, so clarification is requested. I suspect you will also be able to go to a high level of KEzan, to discover the earthquake did not destroy the Island completely. Question is does it return in Cataclysm as a high level zone? or in the next expansion as the Goblin Capital.

Re: Isn't Gilneas and Kezan high level zones?

You don't actually return to Gilneas the zone itself from what we've heard, you just take part in the BG that is themed around it and which is supposed to represent the Worgen trying to reclaim it.

Re: Isn't Gilneas and Kezan high level zones?

One of the Battlegrounds will be based in Gilneas City and feature urban combat. Since it only has very high level brackets (presumably 81+) it is a high level "zone".

The actual Gilneas zone will likely remain 1-15 regardless of phase.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Re: Aren't Gilneas and Kezan high level zones?

imo As a 80 only quest for goblins only you get a letter from some bilgewater expedition trying to go back to kezan and when you go there it is destroyed and all.

did they happen to say what kind of BG this will be?

10+ Year Old Account

kezan is a level 1-5 zone only you start there as a goblin in kezan then at level 5 the volcano blows up and the goblins sail somewhere and crash land at the lost isles

Quote Originally Posted by Axial
    did they happen to say what kind of BG this will be?
    it'll be like AB with horde and ally fighting for control of the different districts, was mentioned at blizzcon i believe.

For Goblins the start goes like this:

Kezan 1-6 (Volcano destroys most things, Goblins get the hell out of there)
    Lost Isles 6-10 (This is where they are shipwrecked and eventually join the horde/encounter the alliance)
    Azshara 10-15 (Azshara is being turned into a low level area by Goblins as stated at Blizzcon)

It's unknown whether we'll be able to revisit Kezan atm.

the bit of Kezan you start on as a Goblin 1-5 is actually quite small.

i strongly believe that at some point we'll see Kezan again and that it will not be as completelty screwed as those Goblins at the docks believed when they jumped on the nearest boat and fled when the volcano started erupting.

i also believe that the next expansion may follow on from this one and be all about the Malestrom, the Naga and Azshara and Old Gods and will finally contain certain islands that we know exist but havent seen yet (like Kul Tiras for example) hence why certain things like fighting underwater and underwater mounts are being introduced in this expansion even tho they will have comparively little use.

basically i think that we're going to have a "two-parter" with a storyline that continues across expansions which is something Blizzard have never done before.

what does that have to do with Kezan ?

well i suspect we may see the rest of the island then.
    perhaps even with a neutral Goblin city.

maybe not tho but all in all on the subject of Kezan i seriously think the devs will find its just too juicy a place to completely wipe off the surface of the planet.

PS. please note just how much of this post is full of caveats :P
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...