Page 1 of 2
LastLast

worgen transformation

Probarly a retarded question, although i havent been able to read it anywhere yet;
    the worgen transformation, will it work like the druid shapeshifting? is it temporary or permanent untill you undo the transform/shapeshift spell? can someone clear this up for me?

much apreciated!

Re: worgen transformation

It's permanent until you cast the spell again. Switch on, switch off.

Personally I think Blizzard should not have given Worgens the ability to turn back to human. Much less with such a dramatic animation. Seems silly to waste development time on something that's more or less never going to be used, except for when someone is bored and starts spamming it on town over and over.

And I bet that animation will seem a whole lot less awesome when a bunch of worgens have been standing in the auction house spamming it for 20 minutes.

you can pick between human form and worgen form when out of combat by simply using a racial spell
    but the moment you're in combat, you change to your worgen form
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by VEyez
    Probarly a retarded question, although i havent been able to read it anywhere yet;
    the worgen transformation, will it work like the druid shapeshifting? is it temporary or permanent untill you undo the transform/shapeshift spell? can someone clear this up for me?

much apreciated!
    You've gotten your answer from friendly people. But you clearly did not search at all. Wherever there has been a description of the transformation (which is hotly debated), your question has been answered.

PM Signature Requests: Closed / Queue: 0 / My Work! / Tutorial!

Just what i needed to know, cheers! :-)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Karilyn
    Personally I think Blizzard should not have given Worgens the ability to turn back to human. Much less with such a dramatic animation. Seems silly to waste development time on something that's more or less never going to be used, except for when someone is bored and starts spamming it on town over and over.

And I bet that animation will seem a whole lot less awesome when a bunch of worgens have been standing in the auction house spamming it for 20 minutes.
    It is nice for roleplaying purposes though. I'm not a big fan of RPing but I guess the RP people are really happy with the animations

While I disagree with your opinion regarding development time on the Worgen form (because frankly speaking, it makes Worgen a LOT more awesome in my eyes), you do have a very good point with what I quoted. Something I hope can be done is being able to turn off the Worgen transformation sound, or simply not having it appear to other players. Personally, I hardly ever play with sound effects on and certainly not when I'm on my AH/bank alt. That said, I know how many people do and how there tends to be small uproars whenever sounds cannot be turned off (thinking Devilsaur pets, train sets and Lil' XT here).

I have no problem with the animation itself, because by your logic it's just like the animation on any single spell that we use often (Frostfire Bolt comes to mind). But animations can be ignored easily by looking elsewhere. Sounds, on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Chir0n
    It is nice for roleplaying purposes though. I'm not a big fan of RPing but I guess the RP people are really happy with the animations
    it might be nice for roleplaying, but its a wasted racial imo, racials from other races at least have some use (ok i know some things like find treasure suck atm) but this 1 has none except some cosmetic change
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

It's permanent until you cast the spell again. Switch on, switch off.

i'll definatly be using it alot. I want to spend every moment possible as the human, okay worgen form is freakin awesome but i remember the whole "TRH" thing that was going on. it will turn up again in cataclysm when a worgen sits around Ironforge :<
    Geeza aka Parilla

I think I'll be using it quite a bit, just cause it looks fun. I'll be making him a hunter too, so I think it will be neat to run around looking like one of the new human hunters as well as worgen . I'll try not to be annoying with the sound, cause I hate it when in group and a bunch of dk's spam path of frost or a shaman spams water shield. I doubt it took a whole lot of development time to make this racial. As far as it be a wasted racial, its more useful if even for cosmetic/RP reasons than someone who plays a class that has a bonus to skinning, jc, engineering, etc and doesn't use them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    I have no problem with the animation itself, because by your logic it's just like the animation on any single spell that we use often (Frostfire Bolt comes to mind). But animations can be ignored easily by looking elsewhere. Sounds, on the other hand...
    *laughs* The Worgen transformation is a pretty complicated animation. Much more complicated than something like Frostfire Bolt.

I wouldn't be surprised if a whole new model was cut from Cataclysm in order to do that animation. Oh well, one more reskinned boss isn't going to hurt WoW since all the reskins hasn't hurt it yet :P

Quote Originally Posted by dreadrune
    it might be nice for roleplaying, but its a wasted racial imo, racials from other races at least have some use (ok i know some things like find treasure suck atm) but this 1 has none except some cosmetic change
    Would be nice if they gave some other little bonus to the racial, seems kinda silly that it's purely a cosmetic thing.
    Anger leads to hate, hate leads to demons, demons lead to warlock fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowProphet
    Would be nice if they gave some other little bonus to the racial, seems kinda silly that it's purely a cosmetic thing.
    Thing is, you don't need anything else. You're not getting one useful racial less because you're getting the Worgen form thingie. You'll technically have one racial more than everyone else.

uuhh, aren't goblins getting 1 more racial than worgens are?

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    Thing is, you don't need anything else. You're not getting one useful racial less because you're getting the Worgen form thingie. You'll technically have one racial more than everyone else.
    Thats a good point.
    Anger leads to hate, hate leads to demons, demons lead to warlock fun!

Quote Originally Posted by VEyez

much apreciated!
    Yes its like druid forms, although when as a human if you get into combat your start transforming into the worgen, but the worgen will stay untill cancled. pluss ATM in Sandbox his arms falll off on the transformation animation..which is epic IMO
    Geeza aka Parilla

The Horde are just jealous... IMHO this is the most EPIC character related thing in the game now... it's simply baddass. Before this it was the DK's Deathgrip.

With that said.. no frakkin' way I am gonna level another toon from 1... nope.. sorry.. ain't gonna do it.

And that's one of the things I am sort of pissed off about... a LOT of the "all new" content is the starting zones. Blizz is banking on this being the enticement for peeps to roll yet another toon... and I am sure many will.. but it won't be the "rock my socks" numbers they are hoping for.

Total waste. I wish they'd put all this effortin into creating more raid zones... and then releasing a new one every 4 weeks for a year... yeah man.. THAT'S my starting zone.

Can you imagine all that QQ coming from werewolf fans worldwide if there was no change ability implemented?

Have you seen how bulky Worgen are in the Alpha?? The Transformation is probably for practical reasons so they can actually use a mount... No way I can see one of those fat-ass wolves sitting on a Ram or Pony. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Zabrajin
    Have you seen how bulky Worgen are in the Alpha?? The Transformation is probably for practical reasons so they can actually use a mount... No way I can see one of those fat-ass wolves sitting on a Ram or Pony. :-\
    Tauren on a deathcharger?
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character