Poll: What is the weakest 51 point talent ele shamans thunderstorm or Shadow Priest dispersion

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Weakest 51 point talent

Quote Originally Posted by muto
    LOL so true I have a shadow priest and a elemental shaman and i must say they're both quite useful AND I can use dispersion while mounted and cannot be slowed.
    I LOVE dispersing while mounted. And on flight paths, and anywhere else I feel like it.

OT: I like both of these abilities. It really depends on how you define "weak."
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Funny how people are mentioning Arcane Barrage as one of the weakest 51 point talents. It's you people complaining about it being overpowered in the first place that got it nerfed hard enough for it to fall out of PvE rotations and become pretty weak even in PvP.

Killing spree is just too weak. (thinking about a 100% dmg increase maybe)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zogrim
    Killing spree is just too weak. (thinking about a 100% dmg increase maybe)
    You're on crack

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Dispersion and Thunderstorm are awesome

Id go for Beast Mastery, Hunger for Blood and Shadowdance

Shockwave also, because its silly for a tank to have a 51 pointer useless for raid bosses
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

The Frost Mage 51 point talent sucks for PVE does it not?

And I would say, Titans Grip for PVP? I don;t seem to recall seeing many Fury Warriors in my amazingly little and inexperienced PVP life.

As for the poll, Thunderstorm is amazing in PVP, not so much when used against myself

Dispersion is amazing in PVE too. 90% damage reduction means a Shadow preist such as me can pretty much ignore some boss mechanics like Spores on Festergut and makes an Empowered Kelesth nothing more then a puppy to be tickled. Plus you get mana too

Dispersion is amazing and my favorite 51 point talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

lol
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

Hunger for Blood obviously. Woo...5% dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by KYMYK
    Starfall imho. Useless in PvE, shaky as it is in PvP.
    i dont know if you are trolling or not but starfall is really OP with good amount of spellpower. both in pve and pvp.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    Out of 30 different choices, surely these two are the worst. :S
    Dispersion is an awesome talent both in pve and pvp. Especially pvp.

I'd have to say arcane barrage.

Quote Originally Posted by darklenne
    The Frost Mage 51 point talent sucks for PVE does it not?
    Not really. If you choose to pve as frost (i do it sometimes if we can't get replenishment in any other way), this thing crits for like 24k on bosses without procs and mediocre gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddenguard
    what would it be take any situtation be it pvp or pve
    None? they both rock
    hell, i just destroyed my Glyph of thunderstorm, because the knockback rules, both pve & pvp
    Wait, why does it matter?

Jesus was black, the government did 9/11, Ronald Reagan was the Devil and WoW is a game

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons
    To declare an ability "the weakest" you have to look at both aspects of the game, and both Dispersion and Thunderstorm are awesome in pvp, so they're no-where near the weakest 51-pointers. Ideally the weakest one would suck in both pvp and pve.
    I agree, when it comes to PvP, Thunderstorm is great, course on the few occasions that small rock decides to ruin your day.

On the PvE side of things, the only time I find the ability useful is on 25man Herioc Deathbringer, to where IF the mob actually gets close enough to me, I can TS it back, buying time enough to kill it (since they 1 shot you on HM.)

Now, if TS gave SOME mana back to the raid, or those close to you, I would love to use it more often then, but because mana never really being an issue to Elemental, it's pretty much useless when it comes to the PvE aspect.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

What???

On Topic: Beast mastery 51 point or arcane mage 51 point will probably go in my top 2 of weakest/less useful spells.

Titan's Grip lololoololololol...
    no really.. its imba dmg and all... but 10%dmg debuff????

Thunderstorm, because it is just useless in PvE (well there are like 2 or maybe 3 fights in the whole expansion where it's a little bit usefull). The mana gain is useless and the knockback is, most of the time, annoying. You have to be in range to AoE with it and you will most likely never be.
    Dispersion is a lot more usefull for PvE. Like absorbing 30 stacks of whatever it's called on sindragosa. And in many other situations.

They are both pretty good talents for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronlaender
    Titan's Grip lololoololololol...
    no really.. its imba dmg and all... but 10%dmg debuff????
    Did you really have to ask?

my vote is on Dancing rune weapon(http://www.wowhead.com/spell=49028).

it seems good, its not :/

other than that i would have to go with the nerfed Hunger for blood(http://www.wowhead.com/spell=51662)
    5% damage(8 with glyphs) woopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

arcane barrage is in my opinion the worst, as arcane mage barely use it nowadays

Dispersion is really good, in Pvp or Pve.

5 Balance Druids in an arena, all popping starfall at the same time...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

i really thought that i would see riptide but no..

riptide is a 51 point low heal unless it crits without ms up (pvp)

buff riptide