Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What to pay for boosts?

Alot of people have had some kind of alt, and they couldn't be bothered questing for that one level, and then went searching for someone to boost them.

I'm wondering what's a proper amount of gold to offer a person to boost ones character (in my case 31 priest in SM) ?

Re: What to pay for boosts?

At least 50g a pop. It wouldn't be worth an 80 doing it for any less, as dailies would provide that gold in less time. Try get a mate that'll do it, unless you've a lot of gold.
    Cake!

31 SM, about 10g a run, and if there doing multiple give em a little extra, so two runs would get them 24g instead
    Geeza aka Parilla

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Well, the time it takes to boost, you can compare with the same time it takes to do a couple of dailies. For an average dungeon I'd probably pay/want to be paid 50g a run. Seems reasonable.

Depends on the instance as well.

Scarlet Monstery is quick and easy. Sunken Temple is bigger and can be a pain and TBC instances take much longer.

I think 100g/hour is a reasonable rate.

Why would you boost someone trew a instance for 50+- gold when you can boost people in pvp for 5k+- gold?

My best advice would be to get a friend to do it for you.. RL friends who play wow works great for this
    It is simply because of the reason that I don't really think any level 80 will boost you for less than some absurd amount of gold, which makes it totally not worth it for you..
    So free or no boosting imo.. don't think the prices that a level 80 would accept, would be fair towards you for the little work that they put into it.. But there is so many other ways that a level 80 can make gold nowadays..

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga
    Why would you boost someone trew a instance for 50+- gold when you can boost people in pvp for 5k+- gold?

God you are so stupid.

This most be the worst comment on whole MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by macke

God you are so stupid.

This most be the worst comment on whole MMO.
    Elaborate?

Deleted

i can boost any class in SM as a prot paladin in 4 minutes starting from entering the instance to exiting combat. i'm fairly sure any tank class can do so as well. pull the end boss, kill him, wait for the woman to rez him and then run all the way back to entrance. run around the corner, into the hallway, and presto: you just killed enough for 5 bars unrested in 4 minutes.

edit: this means you reach the 5 instances per hour limit in about 30 minutes, requiring you to stop then.

Because boosting people through an instance takes 15min and boosting people through wow takes weeks?
    And obviously everyone isn't good enough to boost others in pvp or there would be no need for boosting.
    OT: 150g+/hour sounds reasonable. Less than you would get from doing dailies but on the other hand it requires less thinking, just running around and pressing aoe-buttons

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi
    My best advice would be to get a friend to do it for you.. RL friends who play wow works great for this
    No way, go queue in the dungeon finder. Doing low level instances has never been as easy as it is now.

It is simply because of the reason that I don't really think any level 80 will boost you for less than some absurd amount of gold, which makes it totally not worth it for you..
    Considering the time necessary for a boost, and the amount of gold an 80 could gather in that time by doing dailies, you're right. The differences in what a level 80 character would want as fee, and the amount your lowlevel character wants to offer, are too big.

So free or no boosting imo.. don't think the prices that a level 80 would accept, would be fair towards you for the little work that they put into it.. But there is so many other ways that a level 80 can make gold nowadays..
    It's not the effort required, it's the time required, and the amount of gold which could've been gathered during that time.

Seriously, go queue in the dungeon finder.

Quote Originally Posted by henern
    Because boosting people through an instance takes 15min and boosting people through wow takes weeks?
    And obviously everyone isn't good enough to boost others in pvp or there would be no need for boosting.
    I agree to your second point, however your first point makes no sense. Charging like 20-25g per arena match is completely reasonable and if you are boosting people and the matches are taking longer then 3 mins at max then you are doing it wrong. Boosting someone to 1800 can be done in 1 day if you start at 1k team rating and have a decent mmr.

Ontopic: If I was to pay a boost trew a instance, I wouldn't pay more then 50g. Then again, I would just ask a guildie to boost me.

No way, go queue in the dungeon finder. Doing low level instances has never been as easy as it is now.
    Only on populated battlegroups, try chaining dungeons trew the random dungeon finder as a dps in one of the backwater battlegroups.

How about you get paid for the "boost". A decent quality group can clear SM in the same time a level 80 can and as a healer (priest) you should have no problem finding a decent quality group in around 3-5 minutes tops using the RGF. If you are a tank its more like a matter of 5 seconds.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

10+ Year Old Account

Only on populated battlegroups, try chaining dungeons trew the random dungeon finder as a dps in one of the backwater battlegroups.
    Sorry, I don't understand you. Could you rephrase?

[/quote]Seriously, go queue in the dungeon finder.[/quote]
    Finally someone said it..Why would you ask someone for boost when you can get more xp and it would take you couple minutes more with dungeon finder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Br0lle
    In Soviet Russia fish feast eats YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Purno
    Sorry, I don't understand you. Could you rephrase?
    As you know the Random Dungeon Finder looks for other people in your Battlegroup (Mutiple servers tied together).

There are large Battlegroups, like Cyclone, Blackout etc. These Battlegroups generall exist out more and higher populated servers compared to other Battlegroups, like for example Vindication or Frenzie. On these smaller Battlegroups with less and lower populated servers the queue times for random dungeons, specially as dps, aren't quick at all and when you are not playing peak hours can even go over 1 hour of queue time (Though this is very extreme).

To level quick trew instances you would be planning on chaining them, as soon as you finish a Random Dungeon you would want to do another one right away for maximum XP gain, however on those small battlegroups this is practicly impossible, and getting boosted would earn more xp/hour than Random Dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage
    I think 100g/hour is a reasonable rate.
    I can make 600g an hour from skinning but I don't bother because a) it's dull, b) I don't need the money and c) I can usually make even more than that at the AH.

Clearly no one would pay this much but I'd probably want 1k gold an hour to run Gnomeregan..

To be honest I've never understood either people who boost for money or people who pay to be boosted.

Nothing. leveling is too easy.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

10+ Year Old Account

As you know the Random Dungeon Finder looks for other people in your Battlegroup (Mutiple servers tied together).

There are large Battlegroups, like Cyclone, Blackout etc. These Battlegroups generall exist out more and higher populated servers compared to other Battlegroups, like for example Vindication or Frenzie. On these smaller Battlegroups with less and lower populated servers the queue times for random dungeons, specially as dps, aren't quick at all and when you are not playing peak hours can even go over 1 hour of queue time (Though this is very extreme).

To level quick trew instances you would be planning on chaining them, as soon as you finish a Random Dungeon you would want to do another one right away for maximum XP gain, however on those small battlegroups this is practicly impossible, and getting boosted would earn more xp/hour than Random Dungeons.
    Well, I guess it sucks to be on a low populated realm. On my realm, which happens to be in the Blackout battlegroup, wiating times for DPS differ from 10-15 minutes for a random northrend heroic, to 10-30 minutes for low level content and random northrend normals.

Healer queues are shorter, and Tank queues are even more shorter.

Still, I don't think you'll quickly find an 80 willing to boost you for the amount of gold you're willing to offer.

EDIT: Perhaps you'd have more luck forming your own lowlevel group and queue for dungeons with all 5 of you.