Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: WTF is with all the eggs in peoples sigs??

Quote Originally Posted by Magni Bronzebeard, King of Ironforge
    Your signature should be banned BTW if you click it you go the zebit site...
    This is your first and last warning. It's been repeatedly said armory generators are not linktraps.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Adys
    It was an issue before, and many people got the give-me-internets crap removed. But it wasn't in the rules as i thought it was and is now being enforced.
    So what do you want everyone to do now who had these sort of signatures? Play with photoshop and put some sort of "I hate the MMO-Champion mods cause they made me make this" signature together?

Seriously you have upset me beyond all belief; not cause I care so much for my dragons but because I thought MMO-C was slowly crawling back up instead of sliding further down.

Deleted

This is your first and last warning. It's been repeatedly said armory generators are not linktraps.
    How does your brain work? Go to that website; ADVERTISMENT ALL OVER THE PLACE.

PLEASE EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE; PLEASE.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

(image) "Check out this awesome site: http://completely-unrelated-to-wow.example" is advertising. As i said before, it's not about being a signature nazi, it's about drawing a line. I can't tell you how many times the past few months a lot of us just wished images in signatures were banned.
    Youre not drawing a very clear line. Whether you like it or not, every link or any mention of a site that nots mmo-champion.com is an advertisement. So tell me this, why are only some of these ads being removed? Whats the different between

(which not only links to zetbit, but also has a zetbit water mark)

and this

(which is nothing more than a link)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I just wish they had simply decided the dragon stuff was banned, none of this "Viral advertising is EVIL and SLEAZY and we're above it!" nonsense.

But no, now poor little newborn dragon Adys will probably die.

Well, before i go off and remove the link-part of my lil' babys...

Why do I add the? because its fun. I like to see a cute dragon hatch from a egg I conquered. See that shining egg on the left? Ever tried grabbing a rare egg from the front page? Yeag, good luck. Call me nery, but that was an achievement of its own. And Im stillt rying to get my hands on a Nebula-Dragon. Hell these are sooo pretty. *sighs*

Uhm.. yeah, you get my drift? Its just something fun and small...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by NaitFury
    PLEASE EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE; PLEASE.
    The line here is drawn because one is completely unrelated to wow on a wow forum while the other provides a widely-used wow-related service and as such has been deemed acceptable. I can't make this clearer, "one is okay the other is not". As I said before, the line has to be somewhere, otherwise we'll just remove the image and url tags and be done with it.

TBH if you want to be perfectly fair to everyone, all signatures should just be removed from the site altogether.

I've had issues with the signature "Rules" ever since my signature was removed for being 1 pixel larger than the "Allowed" size. But there's still people knocking around (by knocking around I mean posting every day) with signatures way bigger than such is allowed. I don't understand this 'click trap' stuff either, since all forum links open in a new window anyway so it takes 2 seconds to click the "x" to close the window if you're stuck on a page you don't wanna be on.

I feel it would be a lot easier to just remove signatures altogether and spend the time and effort enforcing such rules on moderating the rest of the forum posts and maybe even improving the forum software itself!

Okay, so is anyone here except the admin actually agreeing with this?

I think you should probably listen to your members. It's like saying people can't wear shirts which have any sort of company/band/anything reference. It's dumb and it doesn't hurt anyone and you're only doing it to be an asshole.

The line here is drawn because one is completely unrelated to wow on a wow forum while the other provides a widely-used wow-related service and as such has been deemed acceptable. I can't make this clearer, "one is okay the other is not". As I said before, the line has to be somewhere, otherwise we'll just remove the image and url tags and be done with it.

This. Why do people not understand WoW related things are accepted on a WoW fan site, while non-WoW things generally are not?

If you want to post non-WoW related sites, go to a non-WoW related site to do it. It's pretty self explanatory :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Straye
    Okay, so is anyone here except the admin actually agreeing with this?

I think you should probably listen to your members. It's like saying people can't wear shirts which have any sort of company/band/anything reference. It's dumb and it doesn't hurt anyone and you're only doing it to be an asshole.
    Also a good point. If people really have an issue with this I'd encourage them to post about it but in all honesty these people are quiet because they are acting like muslim extremist; threatening to blow themselves up if they don't get their way.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Garekh
    now poor little newborn dragon Adys will probably die.
    Nooooooo! :'(

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis

This. Why do people not understand WoW related things are accepted on a WoW fan site, while non-WoW things generally are not?

If you want to post non-WoW related sites, go to a non-WoW related site to do it. It's pretty self explanatory :-/
    So a wow-related trap is okay; non wow related trap is not okay... I can grasp that logic, except for the fact that now you are suddenly applying dual arguments to make this point stand.

In all honesty I'm quite done with this; I'm just gonna go and say good night have a good time. AND PLEASE for the love of god; go play the game yourself just once and realise that it is nothing major, just something fun to add to your forum statistics.

all this fuss over an egg ???

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nomm
    all this fuss over an egg ???
    I dont even really care about the egg, its the principal...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by lianardo
    ya but the thing is you can make anything a clicktrap ANYTHING. so why only ban the eggs?
    Read the signature rules. Any clicktrap is banned, not only the eggs.

im interested on what the OP has to say on the turn this thread has taken.
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Deleted

Read the signature rules. Any clicktrap is banned, not only the eggs.
    *Last reply before I hop on Starcraft 2*

Psst; any non wow related clicktrap is what you want in there.

WoW.

QQing does change things.

I guess World of Warcraft really has suffered from it throughout the years if this can happen.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Magni Bronzebeard, King of Ironforge
    im interested on what the OP has to say on the turn this thread has taken.
    "OWNED!"

10+ Year Old Account

My question is, why does the line need to be drawn at all? No one can force you to click on it, so if you do, it's your own fault if you get "advertised at".