Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Why do people hate ToC? (the raid)

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston
    Permanent pressure when you were clearing hardmodes. A single fuckup on any boss could cause you to miss out on the best loot for this week. A single misstep on Icehowl. A single second of not catching balls on Twins. Not to forget the healing disaster that is Anub P3.
    If you can't dodge a gigantic yeti running at you, you don't deserve the best loot. That "attack" is basically a retard check, that a depressing number of people fail. Twin balls (tee hee) and healing in anub p3 are reasonably hard things though. That's the point of hard modes though, a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    ToC is tied for my favorite raid of the expansion. Ulduar was awesome, toc was amazing and had no trash.

Really...No one likes trash.

And the 5 bosses were all creative. Easily some of the most unique ones of the expansion.
    Unique? I lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by jonfauscett
    For the players who think these mobs were named for how easy the instance is I'd like to say first your stupid and 2nd look at their class. Both are Ret Paladins THATS why they are named Easymode and Faceroller.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot
    If you can't dodge a gigantic yeti running at you, you don't deserve the best loot. That "attack" is basically a retard check, that a depressing number of people fail. Twin balls (tee hee) and healing in anub p3 are reasonably hard things though. That's the point of hard modes though, a challenge.
    At least on my server, ToC started lagging like complete shit once you engaged northrend beasts.

was a lame excuse of an instance and merely meant to be a filler. Would've been no prob if it wasn't easy as shit and lasted for several months. Doing that buggy piece of freeloot crap 4 times a week (the 5-man was the most buggy instance I've ever seen) was just terrible. And yes, after a while Totgc was totally boring as well and half-decent guilds had no problem to get their weekly mad skill+ every week on 25-man.
    Found it hard to bare and if they do sth like that again I will definitely cancel my subscription for the duration of that tier.

One could see, that they just threw something out to occupy the playerbase without putting any effort into it, while most of their team was already working on icc (which in the end got much worse than ulduar in my opinion).

10+ Year Old Account

Why do i hate toc? most of my reasons have already been stated. Trash is fun. It lets the dps put up huge numbers. Staring at the same walls all night? NOT fun. The fights were pure boring. Faction Champs was blizzs way of saying "You hate PvP and play this game for the PvE content? SUCK IT! You HAVE to pvp here" Im very very much against the idea of pvp for pve gear (or pve for pvp gear). ANd thats all faction champs was....playing against an arena team that didnt have as many people as you, but had hundreds of thousands of times you health. And if you sucked at pvp, you sucked at this raid.

Twins was ok. Jarraxus was boring. Anub was just annoying due to the sheer number of idiots who like to drag spikes thru the raid.

Overall? Badly designed, both gameplay wise and lore wise. as was pointed out earlier..."we are in the middle of a war vs a guy who raises every dead person into his army....lets kill each other to see who gets to face him"

If i wanted to stare at the same room all night and be surrounded by children, id go sit in a daycare. Instead, i prefer to raid....ToC is not raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by commanderkeen
    For the players who think these mobs were named for how easy the instance is I'd like to say first your stupid and 2nd look at their class. Both are Ret Paladins THATS why they are named Easymode and Faceroller.
    thanks for killing my fun...
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

I love it, it is just too short. Better than wiping on Marrowgar.

It wasn't really the raid that I hated, it was the retards that I always got hosed with. I stayed guildless through the toc part of the expasion cause I server transfered and there are always retards that will die to icehowl...even on purpose sometimes >.<

But the instace itself was nice if you could find a group that could just go in and out (did togc 10 today in like 40 mins with guild) for me it was the people that made me hate toc with a passion

10+ Year Old Account

it should have been a t8 extension like ruby will be for icc

or it should have jsut been the scc to ulduars tk

Quote Originally Posted by jonfauscett
    Was a reference to Ret Paladin's .. Not ToC

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston
    Permanent pressure when you were clearing hardmodes. A single fuckup on any boss could cause you to miss out on the best loot for this week. A single misstep on Icehowl. A single second of not catching balls on Twins. Not to forget the healing disaster that is Anub P3.
    I heard people thought Wotlk was too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    I love it, it is just too short. Better than wiping on Marrowgar.
    you're wiping on marrowgar?

My guild had a long break from raiding, we basically missed Ulduar* due to people having real life issues. We decided to have a go at ToC and cleared it in one night with only one wipe. We forced a wipe on Northrend Beasts after only a handful of us made it past the worms. It was almost too easy and we haven't been back there since apart for to smoosh Jaraxus for the weekly. It was a bit of an anti-climax to steamroller though it in one sitting, and it was basically too similar to the ToC 5 instance.

*We're hopefully going to go back and give Ulduar a bash, I'd love to try and clear it before Cata hits.

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312
    The boss encounters themselves were actually very well done in my opinion. Probably tuned a little too easy on normal, but for the most part they were unique and creative fights. But that doesn't change the fact that the instance itself was a total snoozefest. No trash and no real change of scenery made it incredibly tedious, even if it does take only ~30 minutes to clear on reg.
    I agree with this, exept the Trash part, I hate trash lol :$

Quote Originally Posted by cetarari
    My guild had a long break from raiding, we basically missed Ulduar* due to people having real life issues. We decided to have a go at ToC and cleared it in one night with only one wipe. We forced a wipe on Northrend Beasts after only a handful of us made it past the worms. It was almost too easy and we haven't been back there since apart for to smoosh Jaraxus for the weekly. It was a bit of an anti-climax to steamroller though it in one sitting, and it was basically too similar to the ToC 5 instance.

*We're hopefully going to go back and give Ulduar a bash, I'd love to try and clear it before Cata hits.
    try togc 10

15+ Year Old Account

;D it was fun JUST AGREE!! >

Stood in the Fire The Painkiller's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeyoss
    Why do i hate toc? most of my reasons have already been stated. Trash is fun. It lets the dps put up huge numbers. Staring at the same walls all night? NOT fun. The fights were pure boring. Faction Champs was blizzs way of saying "You hate PvP and play this game for the PvE content? SUCK IT! You HAVE to pvp here" Im very very much against the idea of pvp for pve gear (or pve for pvp gear). ANd thats all faction champs was....playing against an arena team that didnt have as many people as you, but had hundreds of thousands of times you health. And if you sucked at pvp, you sucked at this raid.

Your ignorance is excused because you said you played to pve and not pvp, but Faction champs is NOTHING like pvp or an arena team.
    Everyone's insane but me...

Quote Originally Posted by Summergale
    Because its two rooms. The same room. 4 Times a week. For months. Same bosses. No trash, no perks. It was godawful, and I really doubt any raid will compare to the failure of an instance Trial of the Crusader was.
    This is almost word for word what I'd say. It was a very poorly thought out raid and dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by The Painkiller

Your ignorance is excused because you said you played to pve and not pvp, but Faction champs is NOTHING like pvp or an arena team.
    Its taking PvP mechanics, which are not supposed to be applied to PvE, and making them the core mechanic of a PvE Boss fight. Just another reason i think that talents/skills/abilities should work one way in pvp and another in pve. Tired of getting nerfed becuase someone found a way to exploit an ability so that its OP in pvp.