Rotation Question and New Gear choice

Hello There!

I am new to the Warrior raiding world as my Warrior just hit 80 about a month ago and I still don't have the extensive knowledge base others might have to compare certain items. I have two main questions today, the first regarding certain items I just picked and also have question regarded pre-4piece T10 Fury rotation.

First of all here is my armory link:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Peak&cn=Saaran
    Feel free to comment on my spec as I haven't been able to find a reliable forum on speccing correctly for the gear I'm in.
    I have already consulted Landsoul's spreadsheet. I am 72 over the hit cap, 13 from the Exp cap, and 84 over the ArP cap. As soon as I figure out what Items I want to use I will finish replacing gems with Str but do not plan on gemming for Exp(thoughts?).

I did TOGC 10 yesterday and received 2 items, a ring and a Two-Handed Sword:
    Reckoning: http://www.wowhead.com/item=47951
    Planestalker Signet: http://www.wowhead.com/item=47934

Reckoning has Agil as the main stat with two Gem slots. My question is, gemming 40str plus 206ap(103str) already on the weapon, wouldn't it be better than the previous weapon I had, Edge of Ruin: http://www.wowhead.com/item=47493

On my ring slot, I am using the Lady's Promise which gives me 40exp that I need. Wouldn't it be better to take the Planestalker Signet with a gem slot that a pure Exp gem could go into and gem another slot for exp. That would allow me to gem for more strength since it gives me a passive 44 ArP and 115ap(=57str-ish), I lose a bit of crit, but would it all end up with a positive gain in the end?

My 2nd question is much shorter than the first. For my rotation, I use the standard BT-WW-Slam(proc)-HS(if more than 50rage). For the times when BT/WW are on CD for a second+, would it be good to use a non-proc slam in between so that we are using some sort of ability or is it a DPS loss?

Again any help would be much appreciated. And feel free to correct any numbers I threw in there.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Rotation Question and New Gear choice

As far as I can see your spec is fine so no problems there

the Edge of Ruin vs Heroic Reckoning is a huge laugh though

5 words - Look. at. the. top. ends.

The ring (since you need expertise) is a current downgrade. If I remeber my caps the exper cap is 26 so you will need 1 more exper gem regardless of ring choice anyway

once you get more exper (Maybe Ramalandi's over Reckoning?...but that would put you over cap by a bit.....ah well) you could freely drop the Lady's Promise for the Heroic Planestalker

also: Unless you are PvE arms a non-proc slam is a huge loss in dps....just wait for your BT/WW white swings are a large part of fury dps anyway you wont lose any

a few things

- Get the frost badge cloak
    - Get Relentless Earthsiege Diamond as a meta gem in your helm
    - Replace the Str/Stam gem in your helm with pure Str
    - Replace your Str ICC ring with the Agi one, it has better overall stats
    - Reckoning is far better then Edge of Ruin, it has almost 200 end dmg more, regardless of the stats on it
    - Keep the Planestalker Signet for when you are aiming for ArP hardcap, but your current ring is better because you are likely aiming for softcap for now and you need the expertise, and you dont need the hit.
    - Try and replace NES with GT or MJ, since they have far better proc rate. (softcap)
    - If you are aiming for the hardcap, Banner of Victory is a great trinket, and DBW if you can get your hands on it.

for your rotation:

BT/WW - slam whenever both are on CD, but dont clip it, HS over 50 rage.
    no, never use a non-proc slam, because slam delays your weapon swing, aka a dps loss and a rage loss.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

I haven't really been able to get him into any ICC runs since Fury warriors are pretty numerous. I would love to have the Axe of Saurfang over any other weapon I currently have but for now I'm grasping at the best items I can get outside of ICC. From what Landsoul's spreadsheet says, the Exp cap is 25 which I am 13 points away from.

I'm not sure what you mean by "5 words - Look. at. the. top. ends." If you mean, weigh the benefits, that is the reason I am posting here. Is there any tips you could suggest on weighing the benefits myself in the future? Plus, could you explain what agil translates into, stat wise, and if Reckoning would or would not be an upgrade in my current gear?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Saaran
    I haven't really been able to get him into any ICC runs since Fury warriors are pretty numerous. I would love to have the Axe of Saurfang over any other weapon I currently have but for now I'm grasping at the best items I can get outside of ICC. From what Landsoul's spreadsheet says, the Exp cap is 25 which I am 13 points away from.

I'm not sure what you mean by "5 words - Look. at. the. top. ends." If you mean, weigh the benefits, that is the reason I am posting here. Is there any tips you could suggest on weighing the benefits myself in the future? Plus, could you explain what agil translates into, stat wise, and if Reckoning would or would not be an upgrade in my current gear?
    Top. End.

there is a small end and a top end on those damage stats for weapons.

Have you never heard that saying before? Its pretty common imo.

Edge of Ruin has a topend in the 900's Heroic reckoning has em in the 1000+

Here. I'll break it down slowly

Reckoning
    Two-Hand Sword
    715 - 1074 Damage
    -------^

The arrow is the top end. as in the top end of the bar of damage

Thats interesting. I know there are more replies in this post but I can't see them. I guess I don't have the privilege yet. I did however somehow see the post right after Deathwhispers when I was replying the second time so I really appreciate the tips.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Saaran
    Thats interesting. I know there are more replies in this post but I can't see them. I guess I don't have the privilege yet. I did however somehow see the post right after Deathwhispers when I was replying the second time so I really appreciate the tips.
    You might be confusing posts with veiws

also: if a new post is entered why you are typing when you hit "Post" there will be a little warning saying "While you were tpying a new reply has been posted" and the box below should have the new message which you can read and modify your message from there accordingly

change to the agi ashen ring
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD