Should I Be Fire?

First off, here's my armory...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...zhul&cn=Khomie

Thats my fire gear without a hit buff in the raid, so I have exactly 17.00% hit.

I feel like my haste is kind of low to be fire at the moment though (794), am I correct for in saying that? Should I star arcane (my other spec)? Last night in our 25 man ICC I was doing on average of 8k-9k dps, and was usually in the top 7 for most damage done.

Any thoughts, or advice on gear/gemming would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Should I Be Fire?

Run rawr and read stickies about general advice.

It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin
    Run rawr and read stickies about general advice.

I have checked rawr, but I only use it as a general idea of what to gem for and upgrade. It doesn't have any feature that says "hey, you're low on haste, get more." And if it does I can't find it.

I've also checked up a lot on this on the mmo-champion forums, but never really gotten a definitive answer if my haste is to low or not.

I was hoping for some real person to person advice rather then just looking up information that is based on some other persons gear.

15+ Year Old Account

i'd be more worried about your atrocious crit rating.
    BfA Beta Time

I thought fire played more off crit than haste, as it has fairly high crit damage, and more crits mean more hot streaks, and and instant cast pyroblast is always more dps than a fireball
    a small man carrying a large stick still dies to a shotgun in the face.

I don't have Rawr on this machine so can't check.....

You should be able to find a stat weighting list on the drop down that usually has the item slots on it.

That will show you which stat will increase you DPS the most and how much better it is than other stats.

yea if i were you id be trying to get that crit up, just a guess but at that amount of crit, its gonna be outweighing haste per point
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23
    My guild leader once went
    "Brb baby is crying"
    5 mins later
    "Okay killed it"
    I lol'ed.

How much crit should I be aiming for?

During raids, fully buffed, I have around 52% chance to crit. I also get hotstreak procs so often that there's sometimes where I'll fire 2 insta pyros in a row.

15+ Year Old Account

35% or more fully unbuffed. and that's overall, not just with fire.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Komie
    I have checked rawr, but I only use it as a general idea of what to gem for and upgrade. It doesn't have any feature that says "hey, you're low on haste, get more." And if it does I can't find it.
    Check statweights, gravlax showed you where to find them.

@gravlax, there's an on-line version of rawr on EJ which also saves you the hassle to update it frequently, though mine seemed to have issues with Chrome so I had to open it with firefox.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Komie
    Should I Be Fire?
    should we know?! what's that with all you guys always asking others what to do?! try to think on your own sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin
    @gravlax, there's an on-line version of rawr on EJ which also saves you the hassle to update it frequently, though mine seemed to have issues with Chrome so I had to open it with firefox.
    But don't forget that this is a beta, and you'll find plenty of things missing if you try using batchtools e.g.
    If you want to be safe, use the (old) desktop version (2.3.17). If you're a Mac user, you can't use the old stuff.

There's also a tool called optimizer, which should help you guys. It can, beside from just telling you how to max out your current gear, build an upgradelist, which shows you which Item along with your current available items gives you the most dps. Don't forget that you have to build a new upgradelist after every Item you get, because there can be new combinations which each new item you loot.