Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Ruby sanctum items as a whole - ret paladin's perspective.

Yeah I know there's a thread about the ArPen trinket, and that's part of the problem.

Get ready for a new age of Gearscore related incidents, as apparently the RS items have a very slightly higher iLvl and I suppose GS than the ICC25 reg items. The complaints will be heard 'round the world...

Also, ret paladins all over look upon these items and say it with me: "What the f-"

ArPen necklace... yeah, sticking to my expertise one cause I need it and haven't gotten anything better particularly. Scratch one.
    Boots with hit or boots with armor pen (deathwhisper) .... well, seeing as how I have tiny abom and am at about 9% hit, barring losing some from some source, I'm pretty sure the armor pen benefits me more. Scratch two.
    Armor pen trinket. Scratch three.
    So eh... I know the loot table might not be completely finished, but I'm losing a bit of hope in this.

In before 'gear isn't what matters'. Well, it matters if I want to do the place more than once just to have done it. Currently I'll just go once for the experience and again for the frost badges, if even that. Kind of running out of uses for those too...

Yes, it's a QQ post. Flame me.
    TL;DR Hope the loot table isn't done and becomes more ret-friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    I see you trollin
    round town with that class i love
    and im like haiku

Re: Ruby sanctum items as a whole - ret paladin's perspective.

and blizzard cant make arpen viable to us, it's too different!! (simple way: make seal dmg scale off from white damage, not from weapon dps)
    "Paragon of the Light, lead our armies against the coming darkness."
    Эн / Калифпорния

Heroic ARP trinket is 2nd BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky
    Heroic DV/DC and Abom in a jar want to speak with you.
    I see you trollin
    and im like haiku

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky
    ArP = Fail for Ret's.
    Just too much spell damage compared to actual melee.
    In Stormwind...

((Proud to have participated in the Forum RP Invasion - 15/16th May 2010!))

Quote Originally Posted by Mimirоn
    and blizzard cant make arpen viable to us, it's too different!! (simple way: make seal dmg scale off from white damage, not from weapon dps)
    I look enough like a warrior as it is thank you. The moment i have to stack Arp then I'm no longer a paladin. We are brute strength all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherilium
    Heroic DV/DC and Abom in a jar want to speak with you.
    1 Abo
    2 Heroic arp trinket
    ---
    3 heroic dc

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Keleseth
    ArP = Fail for Ret's.
    No he's right, its a 22dps upgrade from H DC, that's what that ilevel difference will get you...

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Keleseth
    ArP = Fail for Ret's.
    ilvl 284 trinket is 22 dps more that hdc

Unfortunately, it's a limited loot table. It's going to be, it's only one boss.
    This is part of why Blizz is moving to homogenize a number of stats. When stats are too disparate (e.g., haste is great for specs A/B/C, terrible for C/D/E), it becomes impossible for Blizz to effectively itemize for all of the specs without bloating the table too far.

It seems likely this's just going to be a time where ret is getting sub-ideal gear. I believe enhance is right there with you, so take some comfort in that, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Nöx
    I look enough like a warrior as it is thank you. The moment i have to stack Arp then I'm no longer a paladin. We are brute strength all the way!
    Or you could just imagine that the Holy Light gives force to your blows, makes your weapon sharper, etc. Something like that.

actually...

1.) the new trinket, we've only seen the normal version of it. The heroic one is BIS, and even beats out a heroic deaths choice (just barely) thanks to the insane amount of AP on the proc mostly.

2.) while i haven't had to play around with RAWR just yet, potentially dropping the armor pen boots for hit boots and swapping out the bracers or neck, which DO have it, may result in a net increase in DPS. (they may also edge out the leather boots if you have access to the full BIS items).

3.) Neck- yea it kinda sucks, but new neck + new boots heroic may be better than Ahnkahar's Onyx + Stompers.

the arp trinket is bis in associationwith taj. People will bitch. a LOT. Get used to it, but spread the word so rets dont get fucked out of it because it has arp.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    the arp trinket is bis in associationwith taj. People will bitch. a LOT. Get used to it, but spread the word so rets dont get fucked out of it because it has arp.
    No, it's okay, I'm all for letting ret pallies use ArPen because I'm not a blithering idiot and can understand it's use and how useful it is. I just don't know why they give another ArPen trinket when they can just give something more generic such as crit like WFS that everyone can make good use of, or maybe just flat attack power.
    And I really doubt I'll ever get the ArPen trinket, especially the heroic one, because the millions of specs that want it will be down my throat.
    I see you trollin
    and im like haiku

Well if the trinket really is just 22 dps higher over something nearly 30 item levels lower... to be honest we'd be better off just passing it to ArP classes first.
    Too cool for a sig.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by thrizie
    Well if the trinket really is just 22 dps higher over something nearly 30 item levels lower...
    blizzard once again proves they are idiots when it comes to itemization.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    blizzard once again proves they are idiots when it comes to itemization.
    Prety sure that they stated that they're fine with people hanging on to things like trinkets and librams for multiple tiers of content. So no, they're not idiots. People seem to want stuff to just be itemlevel with no decisions to be made. "It got a higher iLvL? upgrade!" isn't a situation that people want or need.
    Too cool for a sig.

YAY another GS thread :

Ruby sanctum isn't another raid tier remember... Hence its like 1 boss...find me a boss from ICC that has a bit of perfectly itemization loot for everyone...

If you think of this from a GS prospective then you DONT deserve loot.

And tbh its a good thing you don't have to deal with APR...its a pain in the ass...every new item = gem changes, difference in food/flasks...
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

So i guestimated the new heroic items stats in RAWR and as a preliminary finding, picking up the new boots and neck will beat out the currently accepted "plate-only" BIS lists replacing Ak-Onyx neck and the Saronite Stompers.

fun!

Really ???.. You made my day. I will tell you this.

Not All Items Made for you Holy Knights Pallys.
    When they put a Haste + AP Trinket in the Frost Badge Vendor We(Warriors) were OK while Haste is not Our Bis Stat.
    When Each time They put a Trinket or a Plate item with arp with Arp why you cry and care to make threads to make us laught.
    Thank's to Allah that Ashen Verdict Rings does not give Arp so you cannot cry about that...
    If you Expect that Items to give Crit + Haste or STR this is not that world yet..

I will Suggest all pallys to go watch this till Catalysm hits and stop moaning......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stiE2RAqoA4

Sry if I hurt your holy feelings. and Thx for making me post here.
    Erafur; Irreplaceble Tank - Great DPS but No Luck (Warrior)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Ermagus; Arcane Master - But Prefers Being a Fridge(Mage)
    ----------------------------------------------------------