Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dalaran Inn [Neutral/Introduction SRP]

Setting/Theme: SRP Conversation/Introduction RP. Introduce your characters, converse with others, and get a feel for your character! There will be minimal NPCs, so it's up to us to move what ever story emerges, if one does - it'll be totally fine if no plot develops.

Location: The Legerdemain Lounge in northern Dalaran in the middle of the harsh Northrend winter.

Timeline: About a month into the assault on Icecrown Citadel, so mid-Feburary.

Re: Dalaran Inn [Neutral/Introduction SRP]

Zaryi pulled her thick cloak tighter around her body, the warm wool fending off the biting cold valiantly. The crackling sound of a fire lured her towards the beckoning door of a tavern on the boulevard north of her.
    The tavern-keep smiled at the newest patron, and came out from behind the bar to welcome her in, 'What can I get you?', she asked in a heavily accented common. The Draenei shook her head and smiled, pointing at the fire, 'just a seat, once the blood returns to my bones I'll get something to drink.'
    The tavern-keep returned the smile, and nodded, allowing the Draenei a moment to to nestle deep into a plush armchair by the fireplace. She exhaled, exhausted, and stood up again, removing her weather beaten cloak and hanging it over the edge of the the chair, its damp ends steaming.
    She say quiet, deep in mediation for several minutes, before pushing herself out of her chair once more, and headed for the bar. The faint click-clack of her hooves on the fine marble floor was muffled by a sudden gust of air as a few more travelers stumbled into the inn, seemingly displaced by the growing mounds of soft snow in the main roads of the city.

(I appreciate the Opportunity to get to know my new character, since Pusillin didn't work out so well :-/. Thanks!))

A dark figure entered the doorway, unaffected by the bitter cold. He do a careful and analytical survey of the room, and entered. He wore a dark emerald green cloak, which concealed the majority of his disfigured face. He immediately noticed the Alliance Draenei near the fire, and cursed. He gave her a wide berth, moved to the other end of the room, and sat. He watched the Blue abberation shiver near the fire, and chuckled. The alliance was weak, he knew it. He once was it. But that was a long time ago. Now he hated them for everything they were, and everything they stood for. He decided to have some fun. If he couldn't kill her, he would at least... have some fun.

Aranor cleared his throat.
    "Ahem!, and of course, by ahem, I mean, turn and listen while I stoop to your level and speak to you, Draenei."
    He voice was even, cold, and condescending.

((np, and sorry for the late response, I passed out last night and forgot to check this ><))

She watched the figure enter. The story of the forsaken was one she had learned on this new world, and it was tragic yes, but she held no love for them. His voice sent chills down her spine, and she turned in her seat to glance at him.

'What do you mean, stoop to my level?' she asked, voice only barely holding back the hatred she felt toward this abomination of the light.

Mauritius had overheard the short exchange while sitting at the bar and sipping his Dwarven whiskey. He brushed his long black hair back and fixed his glowing green eyes on Aranor.

"I'm going to have to ask you to be polite when speaking to a woman. While I hold no particular love for the Alliance, I have made it no secret that I despise every last one of you Death Knights. I can positively FEEL the darkness pouring off of you. A darkness that no amount of purity could wash away. Thrall may have accepted you into our Horde, but you will find no camaraderie with me."

He turned toward Zaryi, pointedly ignoring Aranor's reaction.

"My lady, you are obviously a fellow servant of the Light. Would you care to join me in a drink and some good conversation?"
    My allies are my sword; I am their shield.

I took part in the RP Invasion, May 15, 2010

A smile cut across her youthful face as she turned towards the sin'dorei. 'Of course, I'd be quite foolish to pass up conversation with another who walked my path.' She stood up, giving the forsaken a wide berth, and made her way towards the blood elf's table.

She smiled again as she sat down, and gestured towards her gilded tabard. 'Have no fear of speaking ill of the alliance to me sir, I am not...' she paused, musing her next choice of words, 'I serve no kingdom, no king' she smiled, liking the sound of the statement. 'I am a devotee of the light and a servant of the Argent Crusade.'

Her hand reached toward the gilt bottle of whiskey, and she poured her self a glass, placing a golden coin on the table delicately. Sitting back in her new chair, she took a healthy sip of the alcohol before turning her glowing eyes back to the elf. 'So, what brings you here?'

"Thrall may have accepted you into our Horde, but you will find no camaraderie with me."

Aranor regarded the newcomer with distaste. He would have to postpone his preplanned acts of cruelty, it seemed. That was a shame too, as it would have kept him entertained for quite some time. He turned towards the blood elf.

"Forgive me, as I know it would be my doom had I upset one of Tirion's errand-boys. To incur your wrath would be.... dreadful." Sarcasm dripped from his last statement, as he walked to the bar.

He picked up a gnomish flashlight and turned it on.
    "Oh, look here. it seems that wielding the light can be done by anyone with half a brain now..." He shined the flashlight into the blood elf's eyes.

"The next time you interrupt me when I'm speaking, it will be your last, paladin."
    He flicked the flashlight off, tossed it haphazardly onto the bar, and sat, waiting on his informant to arrive.

*Walks in and sits down*

"I will need a Dalaran's finest, and a Fish feast!"

*Looks over Aranor*

"May I ask your name?"

Through the Roof 'n' Underground. It's the only way to go my friend...

Aranor sneered. "No, you may not. Though I do have to say that Paladins seem to be a plague in this city today. Are you here to protect the madame-faire as well, Draenei?"

He turned his back to the Draenei, but for some reason knew that that wasn't the end of the conversation. These bothersome alliance seem intent on annoying him today.

Zaryi brushed off the vitriol-laced words of the undead abomination, and turned briefly in her seat to watch the new comer. He was no doubt on of her order, as the light emanating from him was nearly palpable. Something about him was... familiar almost. She certainly held no deep seeded love for the alliance, but her people, that was a different question. She smiled at him, a small wave breaking her attempt at a stiff demeanor.

Mauritius laughed rather heartily at the Death Knight's comment.

"A Death Knight complaining of a plague! I never thought to see the day. Grustabeerg will be highly amused to hear of this."

He turned back to Zaryi.

"Nothing in particular brings me here this evening. The lights in Silvermoon were growing a bit too familiar and I felt like a change of venue. I also serve the Argent Crusade, though my first loyalty lies always to the Blood Knights of Silvermoon. I knew Highlord Fordring as far back as the founding of the Knights of the Silver Hand. My family have been devotees of the Holy Light for generations."

"Oh my, forgive me. I have forgotten to introduce myself. I am Crusader Vermiliel Mauritius Dawnguardian, last surviving male of the Dawnguardian line. Please call me Mauritius, though. My first name now carries negative connotations for me."

She nodded, 'I understand. Even the great city of light can grow stale, though,' here she chuckled, 'though if my superiors heard that I'd be in quite the spot.' The glass in her hand was empty, and she poured herself another glass, offering it to the sin'dorei.

'So, Mauritius,' she liked the way the name rolled off her tongue, 'you're not stationed at the tournament are you? If you are...' blushingly lightly, she apologized and muttered to herself, 'so many faces, I need to learn them all'.

The maid-girl began to make rounds and stopped at the table. 'Anything from the kitchens luvs?' Her voice was sweet, echoing of Lordaeron. Zaryi was suddenly aware of the grumbling in her stomach, 'Mauritius, food?'

"Glad to make your friend, sir."
    "I must, say, that Undead filth certainly spits the words at you like acid."

Through the Roof 'n' Underground. It's the only way to go my friend...

"I'd love some food, actually. Just bring me whatever you happen to have on hand. And another bottle of whiskey. I get the feeling that I'm going to be here for awhile."

Mauritius cast a sly smile at Zaryi, then turned to regard Harrmood.

"Aye, he does. His mother must have neglected him as a child."

He turned back to Zaryi.

"And no, I am not stationed at the Tournament Grounds. I work out of my guildhall in Silvermoon. I do travel to the grounds fairly frequently though. Myself and my guildmates. Do you hold membership in a guild, er...I don't believe I caught your name, milady."

Aranor raises his eyebrows at the latest newcomer's remark.

"So," he says, raising his voice just enough to be heard, "It's a little warm in here, wouldn't you agree?"

With that, blew a frigid sheet of ice over the fireplace, extinguishing the fire and preventing it from being lit.

"Ahh, that's better. And don't worry, i'm sure the light will keep you warm."

Aranor turned back towards the wall.
    "Now where is that damned messenger? he's two hours late."

((waiting for someone else to come RP as my informant. If not I suppose i can godmod him in ))

Shivering at the fact that the fire was now extinguished, she got up from her chair quickly to retrieve her now dry cloak. Wrapping it around her self, she settled back in the chair and resumed her conversation. Flustered she introduced herself, 'You may call me Zaryi, friend,' her voice tentatively echoed the last word as she made eye contact with Mauritius. She turned to the other Draenei again, and motioned to the seat by her - she had always felt more comfortable around other Draenei.

'Silvermoon, eh? I've never been, though other knights at the tournament have told me of it's beauty and I've seen some paintings.' She paused for a moment to pluck a warm roll from the basket the maid had left on the table. Chewing thoughtfully, she shook her head, 'no, I'm not a member of a guild now but the Crusade,' she smiles, and gazes down into her cup thoughtfully, 'no, the Crusade provides me with what I need. It's a home.'

((Aranor, would you want me to NPC in your informant? I can put up a post after this LK attempt))

A cloaked figure slipped into the tavern. Bright eyes distracted from sallow skin, and sunken cheeks. The figure was lithe and elegant, and scanned the room quickly. It found it's mark, and glided toward the Death Knight, 'ser Aranor?'. The voice was vaguely feminine, but years in the grave had taken it's toll.

((Just wanted to give an opportunity to more people to join in. I can RP in the NPC Thanks though!!))

"You're 4 hours late. I've had nothing to do but entertain myself with this idiot alliance and that traitor elf. What news have you? Make it quick, lest you find your rotting skull in that fireplace over yonder."

He listened as his informant began to speak. clearly uninterested in most of her prattle, he began shooting tiny sparks of ice at the feet of the Draenei across the room.

"...and more Saronite has been found near a scourge encampment in Sholazaar, of all places. The Argent Crusade...."

Aranor's ears (or what was left of them) perked. "Stop. What did you say?"

The forsaken spoke again: "Saronite has been found near a Scourge encampment in Sholazar basin, ser. The Argent Crusade Paladins are--"

"Oh shut up about those half-wit morons. Where exactly is the Saronite located?
    "Lifeblood Pillar, ser, but the scourge outnumber you at least forty to one. You'd be insane to tempt those odds!"
    "My sanity is none of your concern, messenger. I will use the Argent Crusade for my own ends. Now leave me be, unless you fancy being pet food for a decomposing ghoul..."
    The Informant did not need to be told twice. She hurried out of the inn, and left Aranor to ponder. He was struck with an idea...

"Oh, Paladins...."

Mauritius looked over irritatedly.

"What is it that you want now, corpse? You're interrupting my food and alcohol."

Mauritius poured himself another glass of whiskey and grabbed another roll, casually eyeing the offensive creature that was speaking at them.

Aranor chuckled. "Word has come to me that a group of your Tirion-Lovers in Sholazaar is being slaughtered. Though you should know, seeing your order perish brings me great joy. Rumors say that there's forty scourge to every man there... Oh what a pity... Now, this corpse must get some rest."

With that, he laid back and shut his eyes, Watching the scene through his pet ghoul's mind. That would get them there, he was sure of it. And noce the scourge threat has been eliminated, he would waltz in, destroy what men were foolish enough to guard his Saronite, and begin his craft.