So there is a new ARP Trinket out there..

Thoughts?

I'm curious if it's going to be better then DC/DV or H:WFS/WFS, 1300+ap + static arp means i can regem. Dunno I can only see good with this lol.
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

Re: So there is a new ARP Trinket out there..

not as good as dbw because of the proc, but still a very viable option to those unlucky

*points at self*
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

the 284 one is going to be BiS and with DBW togheter they give a lot of armor penetration so 1400 will be reached with some red gems without ArP

It is easily better than all of the ones you listed, if you're arp capped already just treat the 163 arp as 163 strength, which will have a vastly higher EP value than the static stats of h-h-wfs/dc.

Also I dunno, I think this might be better than reg DBW at least. Better passive arpen, and you get AP every proc and no chance of crit/haste. Kinda nice. The duration and ICD on DBW make it so nice for lining up with Deathwish though I dunno. Obvious solution - use both!

I will absolutely love this trinket, more AP proc than Whispering Fanged Skull so i will easily get my arp hardcap and i can gem strenght luffly

15+ Year Old Account

You can expect an extra ~150 ap on the proc and 12 extra ArPen on the heroic version, based on gear ilvl progression

Sharpened Twilight Scale
    Heroic
    Trinket
    Equip: Increases your armor penetration rating by 175.
    Equip: When you deal damage you have a chance to gain 1454 attack power for 15 sec

ohhh yeaaahhhhhh

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx
    not as good as dbw because of the proc, but still a very viable option to those unlucky

*points at self*
    I don't know, I hadn't done any 'math' or anything, but the Crit Proc is damn near wasted on n/hDBW (before you nitpick I said near), leaving just STR (which this proc is comparable to) and Haste, which is decent for Fury. Depending on the proc rate, I could see this being very comparable, and in some gear sets better (and in others worse) than nDBW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayllem
    I don't know, I hadn't done any 'math' or anything, but the Crit Proc is damn near wasted on n/hDBW (before you nitpick I said near), leaving just STR (which this proc is comparable to) and Haste, which is decent for Fury. Depending on the proc rate, I could see this being very comparable, and in some gear sets better (and in others worse) than nDBW.
    I think it's more important to see that it's good in combination with nDBW, thou math will have to come on it, i dunno about you guys but the nSTS is 163 STR back to me as I can ungem some ARP, to me that's amazing. Can't wait to pair it with my Hunters nDBW as well
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

Yea its pretty nice, especially if you're running DBW/WFS since yea, the crit proc on DBW is likely mostly wasted for you, so you can gain alot of AP back and also your crit proc on DBW isnot wasted asmuch.

of if you're like me and still waiting to see a DBW...on my main... this trinket is quite excellent. kinda dependent on uptime though but i presume its on the same proc rate as the WFS so you should get like 30% uptime. so should be good.

Edit: Trinket drops all the time on my mage alt, never on my main.
    Xilë - Affixed - Frostmourne

Quote Originally Posted by Steakums
    I think it's more important to see that it's good in combination with nDBW, thou math will have to come on it, i dunno about you guys but the nSTS is 163 STR back to me as I can ungem some ARP, to me that's amazing. Can't wait to pair it with my Hunters nDBW as well
    I guess it comes down to if you can handle that much ARP or not. I think by the time it releases, I'll be half str/half ARP anyways with regards to gems. Not entirely sure that I'd be able to sport another 10%. Well, I guess there's always buff food back to str if it came to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Ya, I with both sts and dbw you be edging near 100% arp.

I would be over with both of them.
    Xilë - Affixed - Frostmourne

Quote Originally Posted by Nayllem
    I guess it comes down to if you can handle that much ARP or not. I think by the time it releases, I'll be half str/half ARP anyways with regards to gems. Not entirely sure that I'd be able to sport another 10%. Well, I guess there's always buff food back to str if it came to that.
    Given it's going to be a straight upgrade to be able to ditch another 10% of arp off of gemming I believe it will work out in the end. If not there is always DC that i'm still toting, or the eventual hope that my 10s group will see more H:WFS.
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

This is how the lookup list, with the new trinket(271 version) added, looks like :

This is with *my* SEP values(using close to bis heroic setup, with some lower ilvl items), and assuming the proc rate is 32.2% like that of WFS.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Looks awesome.

Do i want that? Sure.
    Do i get that? I guess not.

DBW is always locked or gets ninjalooted, this one will probably be won by some ret paladin doing 3,1k dps all the time.

I'm a warrior in a guild that does not do 25 mans. I'm screwed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    Looks awesome.

Do i want that? Sure.
    Do i get that? I guess not.

DBW is always locked or gets ninjalooted, this one will probably be won by some ret paladin doing 3,1k dps all the time.

I'm a warrior in a guild that does not do 25 mans. I'm screwed.
    Sorry to hear it, but you sound like you want to raid, so why not get a proper guild ?

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Griefel
    Sorry to hear it, but you sound like you want to raid, so why not get a proper guild ?
    I like the people in my guild. ^^
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

This is like the 75th topic of this in the past 10 minutes, but it will be a nice trinket. Havn't done the math yet (someone geek else already has I'm sure) but pretty sure even the normal version will be better than DC heroic. This along with DBW will be bis for many classes, and really makes reaching the ARP cap a lot easier for scrubs like me.