Poll: Why does thrall have to leave?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why does thrall have to leave

Discuss

Re: Why does thrall have to leave

It would only make sense that thrall was on shaman duties. He's the best shaman and he is assumed to be the next guardian or at least in my opinion is going off to aid him Med'an.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Deathwing's return has left the elements in complete and total chaos.

Thrall is currently the most powerful shaman on Azeroth.

Shamans are tasked with keeping the elements in balance.

Must I go any further?
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

To advance the lore.

To increase some interest in the story line? To provoke change in a setting that has stayed the same for years?

a while ago blizz said it had to do with being the guarding of tristfall

Deleted

The same reason Gandalf had to left Shire in the begining of LotR, he has questions that need answers

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Protspecd
    To increase some interest in the story line? To provoke change in a setting that has stayed the same for years?

My guess is, Thrall has been setting Garrosh up to be warchief for some time. Thrall had intentions of stepping down for some time. Then the Cataclysm hits and Garrosh takes over as Thrall heads off to do what it is he has to do... I believe that Garrosh would have become warchief either way.
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

Thrall is taking Medive's place as Guardian to Trisifal... Mmo stated that back when the inital Cat. leak was out
    My Math is correct, it is supported by Math

Thrall is not the Guardian of Tirisfal, nor will he ever be.

The current Guardian is the orchumandraenei shammagadin Med'an, also known as the worst character to ever enter Warcraft lore.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Horrify
    Thrall is not the Guardian of Tirisfal, nor will he ever be.

The current Guardian is the orchumandraenei shammagadin Med'an, also known as the worst character to ever enter Warcraft lore.
    He needs more "engaged" lore, imo. They set him up to be a main character, then nothing.

1 + 2, but he's not gunna die just yet.

He's leaving so he can have the return of the king moment in the next exp

10+ Year Old Account

Things are clear.. Everything from now on are just for sargeras return, somewhere in the last expansion, probably called "The Legion" or something like that...

Ug i always cringe when i see someone who says he is going to be the guardian of Tirisfal becuase he is not, if you had read the comic or at least read the preview of this episode of it, Thrall has been called to join as the shaman representative of the council of tirisfal whos leader and guardian is Medan, who is been cared and nurtured while he fully matures in the leader he will become. Why him, it is becuase the new council is widing its use and aceptance to all kinds of magic, arcane,holy,elemental. And class representatives

Aegwynn Founding member
    Krank Axeljink Engineer representative
    Rehgar Earthfury Shaman representative
    Maraad Paladin representative
    Med'an Guardian of the New Council
    Jaina Proudmoore Founding member, Mage representative
    Rohan Priest representative
    Hamuul Runetotem Druid representative
    Dalynnia Wrathscar Mage representative
    Broll Bearmantle Druid representative
    Valeera Sanguinar Enforcer of Council
    http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9205/kalecgossiggy.jpg

Can someone please explain to me one thing. Why the hell does the bloody New Council of Tirisfal need a bloody Engineering Representative? Did the gnomes squeel a lot for feeling left out so they just sort of tossed it in through affermative action?

:

And I agree, people need to stop with the "Thrall is Guardian" shit. Med'an is guardian, and I'm thankful for that very much. It's a bullshit title that was suppose to have went away at the end of WC3, but since Blizz in their wisdom saw fit to bring it back then it's best left in the hands of bullshit characters. ;D

No offense, Me'dan, but you are a pretty sueish abomination. Maybe you can be the product of better writing if you ever make an appearance in WoW...or at least one can hope.

Ok, first the engineer was only really a helping hand, like the team mechanic but he died early on ,so did Dalynnia Wrathscar . Also many lore characters have over 2 classes, its just that medan's powers of 3 different classes was emphasised.

Don't worry guys, its not like I'll be gone forever. I just need a break.

Well from the spoiler alpha picture, thralls name has an arrow pointing down into the maelstrom, im guessing if we are going to draw conclusions... We may not see him until we venture into the maelstrom ,he actually may not had made it to theramore to join the council of tirisfal...