Page 1 of 3
LastLast

QQ - Does anyone know Maly anymore???

So yesterday I did the weekly on the priest in my signature, it was Malygos. The group formed, and I remember telling my friend whom I was in vent bs'ing with that night, 'watch this, we're about to fail on Malygos.' He questioned me as to why I felt that way, to which I replied, 'because most do.'

Phase 1 was fine as it's stupid easy. Into phase 2, the druid tank has to actually /s out loud for melee to take the hover pad thingies after 2 of them were sitting on the platform unused. Thanks to everyone outgearing the bejesus out of EoE we get to phase 3. The tank marks himself, and on Maly's first um...w/e the hell it's called, 5 people just camp right in the Static Field and never move. They all die 10 seconds into phase. Great, so now we're 5-manning p3. Not too long after, 2 more die because they forgot where their strafe keys are. So we end up 3-manning 75% of phase three. Myself healing, a rogue, and the druid tank. Unfortunately towards the end I lost the druid, but about 25 seconds later the rogue and I got him down. Sooooo close to wiping, luckily I'm a nonbad healer for p3, and the rogue & druid didn't let their stacks drop.

Afterwards a few of us were butthurt because of the fail and making us try, so we gave a quick couple comments expressing our feelings. Then the druid tank said, 'it's ok, nobody knows Malygos anymore because you can just gear up through heroics.' Unfortunately, he's absolutely right. Ironically on this priest, which is my 4th 80 in wotlk, it gave me the Spellweaver and Champion of the Frozen Wastes achieves lol.

TLR
    - 3-manned Maly phase3 last night for our weekly.
    - Bads are bad, only 10% at best of the current WoW population knows the Malygos fight.
    - Worst of all, there's no reason to know the fight since it's gear is by far subpar to welfare badge gear.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: QQ - Does anyone know Maly anymore???

I don't think many people care about Malygos anymore.

Well it's an outdated tier, and to be fair I don't think you should be forced to play it. Weekly quests does a nice job on trying to bring old instances back though.

Because knowing Malygos fight makes you goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

10+ Year Old Account

I feel ya, it's not in me to PuG, but I still have guildies who don't know it after 3 80s :|

My fresh 80 DK healed P3 with a 3man group just like yours a few weeks back, twas fun

Quote Originally Posted by FatMF
    Because knowing Malygos fight makes you goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.
    Actually, in a way it does. His mechanics are much more difficult than 9/12 bosses in ICC hands down.

Umm congratulations on knowing t7 material bro?

I think it might just be your server, or a severe lack of luck, though.

I did it on 5 different toons. with the exception of 1, they were all pugs that I'd gotten from trade.

Yeah, sure, there's 1 or 2 baddies who sit in the storm, and 1 or 2 who forget to use their flame shield.
    but for the most part, every pug I went with did a good job.

Really, this isn't so much QQ as you wanting to brag about 3 manning malygos, at least it seems that way to me.
    but you even stated it in your post: the only reason you were able to do it is because everyone was overgeared.

So one nonbad healer to another:
    You're not that special. Get over it =\

10+ Year Old Account

I quit WoW for awhile and game back between Ulduar and ToC.
    Never did I do Malygos besides once (and I failed too on phase 3 and died). And that should make me a bad player?

Great logic. Keep it up.
    What is worth fighting for?

Quote Originally Posted by FatMF
    I kinda state that people can just skip tiers of raiding, which is sad imo. I know the way they did it in BC wasnt good either, but skipping from t7 to t9 is not the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna
    Actually, in a way it does. His mechanics are much more difficult than 9/12 bosses in ICC hands down.
    I never bothered to go into ICC, so I guess you're kidding me. Yeah?

This is pretty much the result of the current wellfare badgeloot path...

Ding 80 -> Some heroics -> ToC -> ICC

I actually tested this some time ago, I made a DK alt, and about 1 week after he dinged 80, I was rocking pretty much full 232 gear only by doing heroics and couple VoA runs.

Im not saying people should be forced to run older content but there should be somekind of incentive/reason to at least do them once.

Ya, I understand it's old content. But blizz did implement the weeklies, which I love to do. I just wish more people knew the first half of content in wotlk, which imo, was far superior than the imba second half of wotlk content.

I wish I could get some interest in a Naxx/Ulduar run, unfortunately either nobody cares or they just don't know the content. It's all fun for me, and we'd net lots of gold for clearing it quickly. I wish more people played for fun rather than for the gears, sigh.

Only because vehicle combat is stupid retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

Quote Originally Posted by XeliosX
    Umm congratulations on knowing t7 material bro?

I think it might just be your server, or a severe lack of luck, though.

I did it on 5 different toons. with the exception of 1, they were all pugs that I'd gotten from trade.

Yeah, sure, there's 1 or 2 baddies who sit in the storm, and 1 or 2 who forget to use their flame shield.
    but for the most part, every pug I went with did a good job.

Really, this isn't so much QQ as you wanting to brag about 3 manning malygos, at least it seems that way to me.
    but you even stated it in your post: the only reason you were able to do it is because everyone was overgeared.

So one nonbad healer to another:
    You're not that special. Get over it =\
    LOL. No idea why you feel that way, unless of course, you're describing yourself. I know I'm a good WoW player, and I have no need to brag. Besides, my epeen grows from accomplishing goals as a group, not by myself. The main gist of my post, as expressed in the title of the thread, is that it's frustrating that nobody knows Malygos or any of the other content in WotLK. And why should they? Blizz has made it so there's no benefit in running them.

you should do mimiron with a pug. it is much more horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by rofltroll
    Only because vehicle combat is stupid retarded.
    Actually, it's the mechanics of P2 that makes a lot of people fail in there, P3 is just 111112111112111112...move..111112..zz..zzz..

Quote Originally Posted by Kevian
    This is pretty much the result of the current wellfare badgeloot path...

Ding 80 -> Some heroics -> ToC -> ICC

I actually tested this some time ago, I made a DK alt, and about 1 week after he dinged 80, I was rocking pretty much full 232 gear only by doing heroics and couple VoA runs.

Im not saying people should be forced to run older content but there should be somekind of incentive/reason to at least do them once.
    ATTUNMENTS IMO

I see SO much QQ like this, not only on these forums but also in trade, guild chat, etc etc. The whining goes on for ages really.
    Though what I HARDLY see people taking the effort to explain the basics to newbies, bitching is all I see.

I know, it's not your job, it's theirs to read up a little. But with the same effort of writing these whining posts you inform your group of some of the basics. I do it in my PuGs for the weekly; half the people won't listen anyway, but there the couple of people who will. You're here to get the weekly out of the way, right? What's the good of this post?

- Worst of all, there's no reason to know the fight since it's gear is by far subpar to welfare badge gear.
    Here's where you contradict yourelf. Malygos is one of the weeklies where you have to have at least a vague idea of the encounter. That's why 7/10 people died ffs!

Here's a handful of directions to survive Malygos when you never been there:

p1: easy, tank and spank. Kill the sparks when they're in the group for more DPS.
    p2: Stay in the bubbles, or take a disc and kill the adds. Use your defensive cooldowns and stuff when he does the deep breath.
    p3: Try to stay near the healer, or what works just as well, fly away from the crackling orbs. Use the rotation 1-2-1, then 1-2-1 again when you have ~80 energy. Do 1-5 when he focuses on you (=2 points shield).

And yes, I know there's a lot more pro ways to do Malygos. I've done him, including all the achievements, before Ulduar came out. This is just some quick info to help people instead of making the 42765936592369th whining post.

Good luck PuGging!

Went into Maly10 earlier in the week with half the group 4.5k-4.8k. The rest were 4.9k+ with one 4.2k, not that gear matters much for maly, but just to give an idea that I was running with presumably fresh 80's, shitty players, or alts. Myself and two others had done it before, one of whom was a dk, so he knew what to do with the sparks. The group miraculously understood that standing in the magic bubbles is key to phase 2, by seeing the 3 of us who had done it, run for cover towards them.

The dk who had done took the the first disc, and I instructed a new rogue (I don't know who was an alt, or fresh 80, or just sucked, so I'm calling them all new if they had never done maly) to take the next disc and go hit whatever the dk was hitting.

I had already told them the basics of P3, that we'd fall onto drakes, etc. and that basically just spam 1, engulf flames at 5 (or w.e it's called) and try to save 5 cp's for a shield when maly targets you. The 2 others who had done it and I were going to heal.

As P3 started, I realized we never told them to move in a group, yet no one ever started dropping dangerously low until the very end of the fight when we lost two damage drakes. Somehow we had just one shotted Maly, with myself as leader, having only done Maly twice on my main, I was shocked indeed, and glad my alt could collect one more title.

It's not impossible, just don't take people who don't know that Eye of Eternity and Malygos are synonymous, surprisingly enough, many people pm'd me about what an 'EoE10' was, needless to say, no invite.
    Bird law in this country is not governed by reason!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow
    I quit WoW for awhile and game back between Ulduar and ToC.
    Never did I do Malygos besides once (and I failed too on phase 3 and died). And that should make me a bad player?

Great logic. Keep it up.
    Not a bad player, just unlearned on this one fight. Learning boss mechanics on the fly and reacting appropriate is what makes the good players. Not like you couldn't have taken 5 minutes to read up on his mechanics prior too ...

The sad part is that people assume they will be carried without having any forethought as to what they are doing or why they are doing it. Even simple heroic bosses can be a PITA because some douche with a 6k gear score doesn't understand the concept of killing souls in FoS.