Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Patchwerk 25 Solo Kill, Blue posts

is anyone upset at how long it took for mmo to post this. i mean, it was already old news by the time it hit the front page..... and well. Its not all that impressive considering it took him 4 hours.... wtb rampage bug video.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Enjin
    is anyone upset at how long it took for mmo to post this. i mean, it was already old news by the time it hit the front page..... and well. Its not all that impressive considering it took him 4 hours.... wtb rampage bug video.
    And because it's not even real news and because it's been up as the most recent news for days now...

Boub, you could at least be posting daily Cataclysm screenshots or something.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Daily screenshot images are broken to me

It's cute and I give him kudos for figuring out how to do it, but it is still an exploit and doesn't count as a "real" solo kill. I am more impressed by Faxmonkey's solo of Svala Sorrowgrave in a 5-man heroic.

I'm actually a little surprised Blizzard didn't ban Jider over this (even though he wasn't doing it for gear or progression), simply to avoid charges of inconsistent enforcement in the future. The next guild to get banned for exploiting a progression encounter will whine that Blizzard is singling them out.

I cannot believe you people. This is obviously not an exploit. Mobs do not lash back to their spawn location in dungeons! Plus, him not dealing with the enrage timer is a non argument anyway. He would have dealt with it as you can see he refreshes his evasion cooldown every time before he engages the boss again (that means he canNOT get hit)

This is NOT an exploit but simply clever-use-of-game-mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorretine
    I cannot believe you people. This is obviously not an exploit. Mobs do not lash back to their spawn location in dungeons! Plus, him not dealing with the enrage timer is a non argument anyway. He would have dealt with it as you can see he refreshes his evasion cooldown every time before he engages the boss again (that means he canNOT get hit)

This is NOT an exploit but simply clever-use-of-game-mechanics.
    That's the whole point, the fact that he keeps on refreshing the enrage timer AND getting his evasion ready for the next time he engages the boss is exploiting, he's using game mechanics for his benefit in a way that it was not intended. The way it was intended was : rogue engages boss, rogue pops evasion , 15-20secs later rogue is dead.

saw this back when posted in general forums, was epic then. even more epic now its made front page. the guy must be like OMG E-peen :P

Very skilled kill with absolutely amazing stamina and knowledge of the strategy he had in place and..wow @ just under 5 hours boss kill!

Quote Originally Posted by Rilynn
    Everyone should know it's impossible to solo Patchwerk 25 because of the enrage timer + damage if you tried to deal with him head on. The fact that he took the time to think it all through and do this is the facinating part in my opinion, even if it is an exploit.

Congrats on the kill!
    ^ this /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by LXIX
    Picking up one rock at a time and moving it into a pile 20 feet away. Each rock about 1/4 a pound each, and there's just about 20,000 of them. No, you aren't allowed to use anything except your bare hands. When this absolutely amazing work is done, you get to see a woman's boob for all of 1 second. No touching, just seeing. Repeat.
    Vanilla WoW in a nutshell.

Not impressed, in addition to taking 4 hours and just using a bug, this guy has sold his account like 5 times and keeps ripping people off. Shame he made the news at all. His name is Ryan O'gara, and Im sure there's someone else from Impervious or other guilds he has been in on Stormreaver that know of this.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Awsome video... very smart doing on that Rogue, very creative

Man I find a lot of fruitcakes on this page saying this is an exploit and not impressed.. This is something new and its always fun to hear different classes accomplishing different things :/

Seems like some of you haters had your E-peens shrunk by that Epic Rogue...

exploit or not, it's impressive

Sometimes when a Mage is pew pewing me in warding on top of a hill in warsong, I like to charge him to get to him. I guess that makes me the best warrior ever right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle
    A Rogue tanking Gruul and Illidan? Exploit or not, those are impressing. Because it's not something the normal ragtag player can pull. It's not something you see every day.
    Actualy Rogue tanking in TBC was something ANY normal ragtag player could pull. All it took was counting to 104 and guild willing to throw some free epics and gems at you so you could get unhittable. No skill involved.

10+ Year Old Account

Grats to Jider, that definitely took a lot of time, effort, thinking, skill, and a whole lot of patience. I certainly couldn't do it, nor would I care to try.

As for the multi-boxing, I do hope they end up not tolerating it anymore. It's a nice idea, but from what I've encountered of its manifestations, it gives an unfair advantage at the times it's used most often. I've encountered a multi-boxer in EotS before. 5 shaman, all with the same name (except for the last two letters) going to each tower and melting face. Extremely difficult to kill any one of them. You thought premades were difficult to go up against? Ha, I say! One-third of the opponent's team was one player. You would be hard-pressed to find five individual players working in tandem like these 5 shaman. We ended up winning the battleground, due to the rest of his team not working together.

Another instance of multi-boxing that has had an unfair advantage is with the auction house. I have encountered not one, not two, but AT LEAST three players multi-boxing the auction house. They have a main that they run dungeons or pvp with, but then they have a character that is always parked at the AH. These characters are all in the same guild, to more easily facilitate transfer of funds and goods. You may think, well that's almost exactly like just sending the stuff to yourself through the mail, but think about it again. They don't have to actually switch characters to do the transfer. They can keep buying/selling on the AH toon while never logging off, and with the main they can just keep crafting. While the healer is getting mana back after a boss fight in a heroic, they can cancel anything they've been undercut on and repost before the next pull. They don't have to travel back to a main city, blow a hearth, switch characters to keep tabs on the AH game. I don't know about everyone else, but I believe this represents an unfair advantage over other players. It's not like botting, or exploiting territory to mine ore underneath Wintergrasp, but it just feels quite unfair to those of us that like to play our mains and not have to switch to the AH character every 10 minutes to try to undercut the campers that are multi-boxing. Blizzard has tolerated it thus far because it is more accounts that they are receiving money from, but I really hope they change their stance on this soon. I'm sure the income they will be receiving from the virtual items from the Blizzard store, plus the Mobile Auction House would more than offset the loss of multi-boxers. Many multi-boxers might not even cancel their multiple accounts.

15+ Year Old Account

Pants down to this guy! Really impressive feat and a clever use of game mechanics.

And to those who whine about exploiting:

In most cases, Exploiting = Clever use of (sometimes unintended) game mechanics. Even the bugs are there for a reason! 8)

+ most of time it only makes it more impressive to find/hear/learn a bug like that, and actually use it for your advantage.

Of course he used an exploit. Why does that matter? The impressive thing is that he managed to do it at all, and was able to flawlessly execute his plan for nearly 5 hours.

When you see a magician perform, do you chide him because he's just doing some tricks and he's not REALLY making a coin appear out of your ear? You know it's not "real" but it's entertaining anyways.

it's impressive but an exploit is still an exploit. clever use of game mechanics =/= cheating

Smart ass O_O

Paladin? I am not a Paladin, I am a Holydin!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TheShrike
    till then he's an exploiter

Oh dear lord, he prolly cries himself to sleep because of some board warriors calling him names.

Son, have you ever lied in your life? Yes?

YOU ARE A LIAR!!!!11

The remote AH is pretty neat, but nothing i'm going to spend money on until I get an iPhone, which I don't plan on spending money on.