Thread: Cryptmaker Spec

Cryptmaker Spec

Howdy.

Last night I luckily picked up The Cryptmaker from ICC 25.

Previously I was wielding Bryntoll, the Bone Arbiter.

I was just curious is the 14/0/57(Morbidity) or the 0/17/54 Spec better with it?

And also..is it even better dps than Bryntoll?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Re: Cryptmaker Spec

0/17/54 spec is only if you have a proc weapon. Otherwise you use 17/0/54 or 14/0/57

Deleted

actually, for non proc weapons, according to EJ, blood and frost subspec are as good as equal, like within 2% DPS of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-unholy_dps_3_3_5_cataclysm_naturally/
    Cool and all, but how exactly do I decide between speccing a Frost sub-spec or a Blood sub-spec? The information in the spec section is a bit vague.
    That's because the line between the two is a bit vague, and never more than ~2% dps either which way.

If you have a Bryntroll (heroic or normal) or Shadowmourne, then a Frost sub-spec is the obvious choice. Not only does Black Ice benefit the potency of the proc of these weapons, Icy Talons increases the number of procs. There's no question.

If you are using another weapon, it's a bit more difficult of a decision to make, and largely depends on your current gear. I would advise using the simulator if you wish to know which comes out on top. At any rate, if the two are basically equal dps wise, I would advise simply going a Frost sub-spec.

Huh? Dps equal, why Frost over Blood?
    Frost provides greater AoE damage (yes, Black Ice and Endless Winter are superior to Bladed Armor and Dark Conviction), free interrupts (not incredibly useful, but what does it hurt), and greater dps while moving or at ranged (thanks to increased Ghoul, disease, and Death Coil damage).

If Blood isn't superior from a strictly single-target perspective, it gives you nothing else except threat reduction. Although some people like to think otherwise, the fact is, threat reduction should never be an issue, at least not on single target encounters: Blood Presence already contains a negative 20% threat modifier. This is on top of the fact that about 15% of our damage comes from our Ghoul or Gargoyle, and is thus threat-free. (100 - 15) x .8 = 68% of our damage done as threat, essentially. Fury Warriors currently out-damage us, and produce 72% (70% if Imp Beserker Stance happens to be additive) of their damage as threat, and that's not even factoring in Heroic Strike. If they can manage, than so can we.

Single target equal? Go 0/17/54.

Alright, so I have the gear you recommend for X spec, but Kahorie’s Simulator doesn’t seem to agree?
    Either you are making an error in your use of the simulator, or your gear is simply insufficient for the specific spec(remember, there is a reason I use generalities and not specifics, as it's a highly personalized thing, with many variables).

If you believe the error lies the simulator - be it the simulator's coding, or rather your use of the simulator - head on over to this thread to resolve it, or PM me (with as much information as possible), and I can likely point out the problem. Don't clutter this thread with sim results, especially if they're potentially wrong!
    so you should sim it to know for sure.

so as the post says from EJ. would u choose frost subspec over blood subspec even with a nonproc weapon if ur gear was high enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbringer
    so as the post says from EJ. would u choose frost subspec over blood subspec even with a nonproc weapon if ur gear was high enough?
    Frost subspec is capable of being better without a proc weapon, but you will need fairly good gear to make it happen. Knowing when your gear is good enough is what sims are for.