Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury PvP: The Glass Cannon Project

I know what you guys are thinking right about now. And just to get this out of the way so we can start discussion I'll go ahead and say this project is not intended for serious PvP, nor am I going anywhere NEAR Arenas with this idea/project. Are there successful Fury arena guys out there? Possibly.

Like many of you (or most of you probably), I just can't spend Triumph badges on anything except gems, so being the bored soul that I am, I decided to collect PvP gear and got this crazy idea in my head that I would try to PvP as Fury instead of Arms. A normal person would probably select Prot or Arms for his off spec, but I already have a Prot Paladin with OS Ret, which fills in those roles nicely. So I decided to turn my Warrior's off into a project.

Currently my build and gear looks like this:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Panzerhawt

Please keep in mind that my gear isn't the best, matter fact I kept myself to getting gear through Honor or Triumph alone. The only piece that hasn't been bought by Honor or Triumph are those 251 pants, which I got lucky winning a roll at VoA.

I've tried a few specs out but so far I'm liking the one I'm using right now. Some of the talents in the Fury tree look nice on paper but just didn't turn out how I liked when faced against real players. And although I don't like my MS being a proc, I've found it to proc more times than not, certainly haven't seen too many times I couldn't burn down a pocket heals or burst down an EFC in WSG.

And so begins my Fury PvP project. As of this writing, I must say, I'm having a blast. Do I die alot? Oh lords yes. Do I dish pretty good damage? Very much so. After this coming Tuesday I plan on visiting our good friend Marrowgar to see if maybe he'll be kind enough to drop me a Byntroll, which would come in pretty handy and I can lose that Onyxia sword I'm swinging around. Any thoughts, suggestions (and no, telling me to go Arms does not count) or tales of your Fury PvP prowess would be most welcome.

Re: Fury PvP: The Glass Cannon Project

I have a 70 warrior twink, that I play with as Fury. I must say that it's an incredible amount of fun. Yeah, I can go down pretty easily when focused, but due to my size and the fact that I like to stay on the outskirts of huge clustered fights makes it pretty easy for me to get a good 10 KB's in before I go down.

Here's my twink's armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lune&cn=Nollix
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Elune&cn=Nollie

i do arena as wa arpen hardcapped full pve warrior with 6300 gearscore mostly icc 25er hardmode stuff

and i wreck havoc , pvp fury is awesome arena fury sucks

Double healer Extremely hard hitting fury warrior is a good arena team.

Im serious I got smacked for 12k with 1100 resil.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nollie
    I have a 70 warrior twink, that I play with as Fury. I must say that it's an incredible amount of fun. Yeah, I can go down pretty easily when focused, but due to my size and the fact that I like to stay on the outskirts of huge clustered fights makes it pretty easy for me to get a good 10 KB's in before I go down.

Here's my twink's armory:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...lune&cn=Nollix
    Woah, I am impressed.

10+ Year Old Account

I used to try pvping as fury ftlols also. Ive found the best aspect of it against ranged classes with a cc is Heroic Fury. You can essentially start out battle stance>Charge>serk stance>Intercept>Heroic fury>Intercept, using trinket or wating till cc'd for HF etc. They never expect your second Intercept.

This is actually a decent BG spec when you have a pocket healer with you, its possible to survive greater numbers.
    My Youtube videos. Co op gaming. A work in progress, but check em out, you might get a laugh.

I would also like to try this, but i can never seem to find a decent macro for equipping shield-defensive stance-spell reflect.

Anyone know the best one?

Very nice responses so far, and here I thought I was either crazy or stupid (or both). Almost everybody in my guild with the exception of my GM kept telling me I was wasting my time. But I disagree, it would be a waste of time to just sit there waiting for my raid invite.

Side note- I mistakenly spent too many points in HS on my Arms tree, fixing that tonight before I do more BGs. I'm also considering dropping a point to pick Heroic Fury back up. Can't remember why I dropped it after one of several respecs in the first place...must have been a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    Double healer Extremely hard hitting fury warrior is a good arena team.

Im serious I got smacked for 12k with 1100 resil.
    Seriously 12k hits?

I was doing 2s for points with a friend of mine who was playing fury and he was hitting for a decent amount of damage (his gear is t9 and tyrannical beheaders), maybe these guys didn't have resil - we were playing at the low brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by halpfultroll
    Seriously 12k hits?

I was doing 2s for points with a friend of mine who was playing fury and he was hitting for a decent amount of damage (his gear is t9 and tyrannical beheaders), maybe these guys didn't have resil - we were playing at the low brackets.
    The guy was in mostly 277s with heroic cryptmaker in his main hand and shadows's edge in his offhand and he smacked me pretty hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    The guy was in mostly 277s with heroic cryptmaker in his main hand and shadows's edge in his offhand and he smacked me pretty hard.
    Why do you always skill "Improved Heroic Strike" for pvp?? I think Heroic Strike is more for pve dps.

Sorry, but I am playing Arms Warrior, So excuse me for this Question.

This sounds like something i must try out. I play a lot of BG:s while waiting for raid but don't realy have time for Arena. Though I must ask. How is it working with ragegen? I have pretty good weapon but pretty bad pvp-gear. Is it as hard as it is playing arms. I often stand there waiting for a white hit to be able to get next MS of. This is ofc when noone is hiting me as they trying to get my healer down.

I would say about the same as PvE only maybe the rage doesn't quite fill you all the way to 100 in like 3 hits.

Fixed my talent mess up last night but for me (US server, not the best BG) it was still Sunday night, so the weekend warriors were still around. Nothing wrong with "Weekend Warriors" mind you, I'm pretty much in the came category, just these guys don't wear any sort of helpful PvP gear, they all camp the mid-ground during BGs like EOTS and WSG, and don't seem to care how the actual battle is going. Those guys frustrate me to no end. I seem to get focused alot more lately as well, probably because I see alot of my side's deaths, look around and see the pocket heals trying to stay away from fights, of course the other guys don't appreciate that very much.

To answer the other question about imp HS, I dropped it personally, I don't have rage problems but I don't need to dump any either, and since I'm still way over hitcap even in mostly PvP gear, HS just isn't as awesome an option for me. That and you should be trying to get white hits more often than in a PvE situation because the MS proc only works on white hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Restrained
    ROFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

gem armor pen please.

I don't have enough passive ArP to make it worth while. So, no. But I AM going to go ahead and put some Dragon's Eyes in there sometime this coming week, strength ones of course.

Nice cool

I was kinda bored since a couple of weeks with WoW. So this weekend I decided I'm going to do PvP.
    But I still wanna play Fury.

So I dig out my bank, bought some items and now im just playing to get a some honor

Got:
    Wrath leggs (VoA)
    Wrath ring (VoA)
    Wrath Belt (VoA)
    PvP (264) trinket (Honor)

Yesterday I did one Stand and it was quite easy

Nothing all that new or special going on. I had to put off my Warrior's ICC 25 run to tank a LK fight for the guild. I did however manage to run both VoAs today with no success at another PvP drop. :'(

Just did the usual 25 Arena point run and a couple others with a bored guildie before I had to log on main. Not much else I can buy with Triumph or honor though, except maybe another ring, a belt (but I'm still liking the DPS one, so might not even get it) and the hands. My other trink isn't all that spectacular but right now I don't see that many other options to go for unless I want to start getting arena rating (thanks to the Human racial, I don't need an anti-cc trink, they both share the same CD).

I've been considering 3s or maybe 5s to try and get some ratings, but I'm not so sure how good or useful I'd be as a Fury. Sure I have a decent amount of Resilience and I can dish pretty good damage for the weapons I have but I just don't have an Arms or DK's utility and stay-alive power. Who knows, worth a few scrimmages to test the waters I suppose.

Any class that wears plate, regardless of spec, has no right to call themselves "glass" cannons. *Maybe* if you ran around in all cloth.