Deleted

Lvling - Cat Questing or LFD tanking?

Ok my druid is 19 atm he has lots of nice heirloom + dungeon blue gear and I'm wonderng should I lvl him as cat or bear? Or myb mix of two?
    Here's my armory.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mar&cn=Swibear

Re: Lvling - Cat Questing or LFD tanking?

i'm leveling a prot warr right now, hes 72 now and i gotta say its been fun, ive practically haven't done any q's untill i got to OL. LFD lvling is a great way to see all the old instances again and getting some nice blue's/purple's (if your lucky).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ginzha
    i'm leveling a prot warr right now, hes 72 now and i gotta say its been fun, ive practically haven't done any q's untill i got to OL. LFD lvling is a great way to see all the old instances again and getting some nice blue's/purple's (if your lucky).
    I already lvled prot warr to 80 with LFD and it was most fun I ever had doing 2-3 times more dmg then average dps'ers at lower lvls and at higher it kinda evens out. However druid bear have diffrent (weaker) mechanics such as no shield block(ability) which makes you pretty much immune to all dmg for 10 sec as warr and has like 40 sec cd.

At least 1 dungeon a day plus extra for gear you want when each new sack of loot becomes available lvl15-25-35-45etc.
    Quest some, pick up most dungeon quests at least.

I personally hate the 1-20 and 40-58 brackets of leveling, so i would use the dungeon finder tool for those, as a tank / resto.

Inbetween, or whilst waiting for dungeon queues, i would just quest as a Cat, once you get to ILoTP, you have almost no down time and things die in about 2-3 hits.

The fastest route to dungeons in being a healer whilst leveling, tank is second. I've recently leveled my DK as a tank from 62 - 72 and i'm always waiting for a healer.

You should be able to tank easily in cat gear anyway, especially after you can spec into survival of the fittest you'll be one of few defence capped tanks while levelling

It'll probably be quicker for groups as a tank, but why not just queue as both and see what you get?

For questing cat is a lot quicker for killing single mobs, pull too many go bear, done.

The biggest difference you'll notice between bear and warrior tanking is the lack of cooldowns / useful abilities. However it's also really easy to gear for as you don't have to worry about defence rating.

Richmond's quite right, a lot of the lower level dungeons need healers more than tanks, so if you can, dual spec resto at 40 could be very useful for LFD levelling.

Umchilli,

I am in the exact same situation. My druid is now level 39, leveling as a Feral Tank. I tryed to do some questing, but after leveling so many alts and the chance of being ganked, I found that LFD is the fastest way to level (I also have heirloom gear).

At level 40 I will go Resto as offspec. The only thing I do is LFD, my queue time is less then one minute as a tank. Not queuing as healer since I can't keep the tank up anymore without my resto talents..

Tanking at this level becomes really easy, you get lots of "rage generators" and will be mauling and swiping all the time. Running @180dps at this level which is pretty OK.

IMO. Forget questing untill you hit level 58 and gear some while doing quests in Burning Crusade. ALSO I wanna do ALL the instances in the Burning crusade, so I will probably be leveling in dungeons from 60-68. It's awesome

15+ Year Old Account

Before heroics, you can tank with a Cat spec without beating an eye.

My suggestion is that you spec for Cat, use a Maul glyph (which is VERY useful for tanking, on the other hand) and do this: queue as Tank/DPS, meanwhile quest all you want.
    If you get tired of questing, you can do a streak of dungeons. If you get tired of tanking, you can gank random people while questing :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.