Poll: Do you think its a good idea that 10 and 25 man raids share the same loot table in Cata?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What does people think about the shared loot table?

Personally im not so fond of it. Though ill try not to judge it to much. It might work, though it might ruin the point of 25 mans.

Re: What does people think about the shared loot table?

The shared drops doesn't bother me so much, the shared lockout =s between 10 and 25man does however.

Haven't heard much on the lockouts since it was last posted but I hope the same lockout can be utilized for both 10 and 25man and not just one or the other.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

10+ Year Old Account

It gives more options. Some of us have too work full time jobs and have other things to deal with. I could not find time for both 25 and 10 man in the most recent weeks. being able to choose 10 or 25 and have the chance at the same loot is great. This also allows friends to play together more and be a closer knit group. Thanks to this change, a few of us from work are spending a bit of time to level new toons together for just this.

Many people will still run 25 because more loot per play will drop, along with more badges and gold. This change does not kill 25 as many seem to think. The bottom line is, more options = better.

its not that bad really.

a good move since they are also combining the 10 man and 25 man lockout periods. but does seem to listen the importance of 25 mans in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight
    Haven't heard much on the lockouts since it was last posted but I hope the same lockout can be utilized for both 10 and 25man and not just one or the other.
    My understanding is that it will be one or the other

I i could I would only run 10 mans. With the same loot table I am not forced to grp with more people just to get a special item.

this means ~200 fewer items for blizz to mess with every "tier"

Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Horrible idea.
    I suspect it'll kill a good number of 25 man guilds.

Though, there's always achievements.... .. .. (/sarcasm)

10+ Year Old Account

Its fine, gone with the same group in 10man till we got everything we need from just there, then go 25 to get everything there

10+ Year Old Account

As long as the difficulty remains relatively constant between the two, I have absolutely no problem with it.

The gear should be a mark of success against a certain difficulty level. If 10-man is significantly easier but rewards the same gear, people will do that and never improve. If they tune the two properly, however, and 25-man is dropping more items and emblems per raider, those who can get 25 people together will run that instead. 10-man will instead be for those who can't, or choose not to try to, get 25 together.

The way Blizzard phrased it, if 2 items drop in 10-man per boss, it'll be 6 items per boss in 25-man. Plenty of reason to run with 25 people, right there.

Choosing 10 or 25 should be about how many people you can get to work together, not about making 25-man "harder". If anything, I'd rather see them tweak 10-man to be more difficult, if they wanted to truly tweak things a bit. This would let guilds have the big public run, and the 10-man elite squad.

As for sharing lockouts, as long as we can switch between them on a per-boss system like ICC's heroic mode system, I'm tentatively okay, as long as there's enough content to keep us busy. And I don't mean running the equivalent of Naxx yet again when the equivalent to ICC is out, just for lack of other raids. More smaller raids would be a "good thing", IMO. More runs like Zul'aman, for an hour or two's play time, rather than the 6-8 hour grindfests most progression runs are becoming. Even split over two nights, it gets to be an issue. It also allows for flexible schedules to a larger degree.

Deleted

yes

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Horrible idea.
    I suspect it'll kill a good number of 25 man guilds.

Though, there's always achievements.... .. .. (/sarcasm)
    The only guilds it will "kill" are those special snowflakes who want better shinies for having gotten 25 monkeys to work together instead of just 10.

You're still getting MORE shinies, just not BETTER shinies. And they've said they'll be tuning it so the two variations are similar in difficulty, which was the only reasoning behind 25-man providing better loot to begin with.

And look at it this way. They can't fake a progression of gear by having 10-man, then 25-man of the same content. Hopefully, this means more content, rather than just palette swapping gear and making us run the same raid twice.

Myself I like this change, I am in a 10m raiding guild and I need trinqs and items that drop in ICC 25. I also like the idea from a strict progression rating stand point, I do not like the fact that 25m geared players were taking the 10M LK down first, the playing field was not level.

With the change over geared players will not be able to walk 10 man instances unless they don't want 25's for that week. Players in 10 mans will be geared at the same level as their 25 man counter parts if they choose a larger raiding environment. The 25 man guilds will not have to gear new recruits as much as they used to i.e. recruits with same gear level, even though the recruit came from a 10 man raids.

Its fine to be nostalgic of Vanilla WoW, but its completely foolish to want it back.

Best thing they could do for the game, they might actually be able to avoid gear inflation for the first time ... yeah right, Blizzard is incapable of that.

I like the idea, gives people and guilds more flexibility. We got 25ish people? Great let's do 25-man! Only 20 today? Let's do 2 10-mans instead.

From a cosmetic viewpoint...

I think it's fine if they go back to the quality of the designs in Burning Crusade's raid weapons and armor. Because a sword dropping off the Lich King shouldn't be a reskin of 10man Marrowgar. More unique - but appropriate matching - weapons and armor is also good. And less reskins is nice too, especially since almost all the Wrath items are a reskin of a few different models.

Deleted

Love it!

No more "forced" farming of 25m for extra emblems and better loot. People who like either 10m or 25m can raid which they prefer without feeling like they have to do the other format too for either extra emblems if they are 25 raiders or for decent loot, if they prefer 10m

10+ Year Old Account

It's a terrible change.

It will be very difficult if not impossible to make 10 as hard or harder than 25. Reason being that however similar they are mathematically it will always be harder to co-ordinate 25 than 10 people. 25 leaves a much tighter room for mistakes, since the risk of people making mistakes is multiplied by 2,5. Only the truly hard-core and prestige-hunting pros will still play 25 man, making the old 40 25 and the old 25 to 10 as a standard group set-up. Blizzard is doing nothing but making the game less epic. And I assure you, that the absolute majority of guilds run 25 today.

Now Blizzard is actually on their way to cater to this petite group of people with a weird fetish of being strictly 10 people raiding. I've had enough of Blizzard giving in to no-bodies who don't deserve to see all content, who don't deserve to look as epic as the people raiding 20 hours a week, who don't deserve to have the head voice when in reality - they don't give a shit. They come home in the afternoon, plays for an hour and has to go to walk their dog or do whatever. They do not deserve the same attention from the developers as the ones who actually put their heart into this game.

I still have hope as it's in Alpha, but darn, I will most likely quit if it does change. I might as well just download a sandbox and add all the epics to myself instead of playing this game soon.

Internet = cookie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Got to say i dislike it simply because to accomplish this they said they intended to make 10 and 25man as close in difficulty as possible. Was always a fan of gradually increasing necessary skill requirments (in b4 1000 "you don't need skill you just need gear" responses) but now i suppose it will be easy or hard, that dosn't really do wonders for the learning process.

Though lootwise, being able to spend less time raiding and having the same amount of loot distributed is nice, although kinda pointless if you're one of those people who are just gonna spend that extra time standing in a city bank chatting

Was expecting this to be much closer to 50/50.

I think it's gonna be interesting though. I know a fair few friends (and I guess other folks) are all scheming their tight, tidy 10m group with friends etc.

I'm kinda tempted to keep a character in a 25m guild and a character with friends in a 10m and basically run with 2 "mains".
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

i like it because it will become slower to get gear. cus you have a lockout and just one lock.