Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    All the tanks in here saying they quit playing their dps toons becuae they are too easy are full of shit. If you quit playing your dps toon its because you suck and couldnt pull over 7-8k, any half brained jack ass in icc gear can do 8k dps, its the ones that pull a constant 12-13k are the ones doing it right. Ive tanked with every class except Dk's, and I can tell you it was always easier to tank those fights then it was to dps, espeically as a paladin. And as far as heroics go, tanks stop whining, you have an easy ass job, all I did was tank herocis on my paladin for like 4 months straight, I'd throw up SoCleave and roll my face across the keyboard and never lose aggro. I played my brothers warrior for the first time the other day, and I promise you I was doing it wrong, and still held aggro, and I have played a warrior for all of an hour in total, its not hard, get over yourselfs.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tumble View Post
    All the tanks in here saying they quit playing their dps toons becuae they are too easy are full of shit. If you quit playing your dps toon its because you suck and couldnt pull over 7-8k, any half brained jack ass in icc gear can do 8k dps, its the ones that pull a constant 12-13k are the ones doing it right. Ive tanked with every class except Dk's, and I can tell you it was always easier to tank those fights then it was to dps, espeically as a paladin. And as far as heroics go, tanks stop whining, you have an easy ass job, all I did was tank herocis on my paladin for like 4 months straight, I'd throw up SoCleave and roll my face across the keyboard and never lose aggro. I played my brothers warrior for the first time the other day, and I promise you I was doing it wrong, and still held aggro, and I have played a warrior for all of an hour in total, its not hard, get over yourselfs.
    No, I'm not full of shit. I quit playing my dps toons because it was absolutely fucking boring to spam the same two buttons over and over and never do anything else. I do substantially more than 8k dps, btw, even on hybrids. That's an absolutely retarded assumption to make. Where did I say that I retired my dps toons because I was getting beat by other players? I retired them because a retarded monkey could top the meters by spamming two buttons.

I also retired my paladin because holy is retardedly easy, prot is retardedly easy, and ret is almost pathetically easy. If you think prot is easier than ret than you probably ate paint chips as a child.

Ever play a fury warrior? Ever play a prot warrior? If you think fury is harder than prot, you have not the slightest idea what you are saying.

Tanking is a position of responsibility. You screw up and the raid wipes. DPSing is a position of lazy, macro-spamming goons. You screw up and you get laughed at, and you probably still win loot.

DPSing is the easiest role in this game. If you think it's hard, wow, I just really don't know what to say. Maybe you should quit and play an easier game.

Quote Originally Posted by Metadot View Post
    Never have I had a problem with a tank, yet I hear so many stories. Even as a newly dinged character every tank has been really nice. Might be a server issue.
    Same here, I have met very few rude tanks.

But it seems that a lot of them think they're somewhat of a commodity and the rest of the group will just be completely screwed without them, so they can do what they want and act however they want. It's a shame.

On the other hand, as someone said, a lot of people that play this game are just dumb. Ignore it and move on.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    my just put them on ignore you will never see them again

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    No, I'm not full of shit. I quit playing my dps toons because it was absolutely fucking boring to spam the same two buttons over and over and never do anything else. I do substantially more than 8k dps, btw, even on hybrids. That's an absolutely retarded assumption to make. Where did I say that I retired my dps toons because I was getting beat by other players? I retired them because a retarded monkey could top the meters by spamming two buttons.

I also retired my paladin because holy is retardedly easy, prot is retardedly easy, and ret is almost pathetically easy. If you think prot is easier than ret than you probably ate paint chips as a child.

Ever play a fury warrior? Ever play a prot warrior? If you think fury is harder than prot, you have not the slightest idea what you are saying.

Tanking is a position of responsibility. You screw up and the raid wipes. DPSing is a position of lazy, macro-spamming goons. You screw up and you get laughed at, and you probably still win loot.

DPSing is the easiest role in this game. If you think it's hard, wow, I just really don't know what to say. Maybe you should quit and play an easier game.
    I never said dps was hard, I said tanking wasnt hard, and hi mr mage, we get it, the mage class is easy 2 button spam, no roles in this game are harder than the next, ive seen great tanks fail at dps, ive seen great dps fail at healing, and great healers fail at tanking, its all in how you play. Some people are just not meant to tank/dps/heal, but do just fine at the other roles. Did you even read what I wrote or just see me type "quit bitching" and then blacked out from there...I clearly stated that I HAD PLAYED A WARRIOR, yet you asked me if I had, derp. Also, in serious hard modes where killing the boss comes down to a matter of seconds, if your dps arent doing everything in their power to maximize dps, you are going to fail, that goes for everyone else in the group. In real end game raiding its a groups effort, you have to have good tanks, dps, and healers to get the job done if you want to be the best. And lastly, why are 2 or 3 of whats considered the hardest specs in this game DPS.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

I think you should role a feral druid and then talk about DPSing being easy, I've played every tank class in the game and I have to say, feral dps is infinitely harder than all tanking specs, only spec to come close in difficulty is prot warrior, and thats only becase they have a few more buttons to press. Shut your yap you elitist nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Saebjorn9 View Post
    I think you should role a feral druid and then talk about DPSing being easy, I've played every tank class in the game and I have to say, feral dps is infinitely harder than all tanking specs, only spec to come close in difficulty is prot warrior, and thats only becase they have a few more buttons to press. Shut your yap you elitist nobody.
    Gonna play the "Lich King Heroic Mode" card here:

One ____ doesn't make up for an entire _____ being easy

Dod, you're right, it doesnt. But the guy he was quoting, was saying tanking is hard dps is easy, and at the same time saying "paladins tanks are easy, only prot warriors are hard, cause thats what I play" type thing. He was simply pointing out that there are dps aspects of this game far harder than prot warriors, which lets be honest, are simple to play.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus View Post
    One ____ doesn't make up for an entire _____ being easy
    Let me think here... Regis I'm gonna have to do with both A. hard boss, and B. raid.

What's that? I WON A MILLION DOLLARS? -Pinky to lip- one meelion dollerz!

I rolled a pally dwarf tank a while back. I had all my BoA gear and really wanted to give tanking a try since I had always been a dps since the beginning of WoW. I would have to say tanking is a completely different game and a completely different feel.

As dps I don't control the pulls in the run. I simply stand back and wait for the tank to pull. It is up to the tank to control that pace and up to him to decide what is a big pull and what isn't. They like everyone else in the run may not be at the peak of their level nor gear they could have and have to be honest to themselves about what they can do in instances. Using the LFG system as a leveling tank was not fun, or rather uneasy. I can't really say I have an horror stories. I can tank really well, and can't ever recall anyone getting after me in a run, but the whole time I can say that I just felt pressure that I never felt as a dps. I think that may be a reason way tanks are sensitive because they play under pressure that most dps do not even realize is there. So when someone starts saying something stupid that general shouldn't get anyone upset it does. I never did get my tank to 80. It is still around 60 something last time I checked, but after leveling my tank up I can say I learned a new respect for tanks in general.

i give my tanks cookies with chocoltae chuncks:> b/cause it takes 35216454/875642351,2356265322 hours to get one. So i fell like keeping him happy.
    But IF he is a total douche, i exchange the chocolate with Sh't.
    otherwise they are usually nice and kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Saebjorn9 View Post
    enhancement is harder

yea, I said it you furry ! !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage14 View Post
    So I leveled a new alt, so ofc I started spamming a couple of hcs...

Yesterday morning I woke up and logged on to start doing hcs with my friend who turns out to have a mage like my new alt, after waiting for the que and go on we started doing UP.
    The tank stated that he wanted to skip the first 2 bosses, we were there for the triumph but we didnt mind if someone was in a rush.
    My friend decided to start the 2nd boss event while we were on thrash, we started 3rd boss and the mini bosses from the 2nd boss were coming at us, the tank tanked them np, did the 2nd and 3rd boss fine and the tank said "I bet it was one of the mages" all i did was answer "sure, blame a mage" and he went on QQ about mage IQ reflecting into 0 or something like that... and then he said im whining for just replying once.
    We went on normally to last boss until he tried to kick me, everyone pressed no so he went emo... he pulled the boss and did divine sacrifice on the healer to try and get me killed but invisibility ftw.
    Failed at killing me he raged and started insulting and he pulled again, instantly after a res to prevent my invisi to go off CD and left party.

2nd dungeon: I just turned 80 and yeah i slacked, was still lvling spec - was doing an instance and i said "damn my spec sucks for single target, gonna respec after this" the tank went emo and tried to kick me saying "i dont play with nubz"... everyone said no once again cos my dps high for a 4k gs mage.
    The tank said "FYA" and left.
    2nd dungeon, 2nd tank: He joined, we said hi and stuff and he said "why did the tank leave?" a guy said he complained about my spec, he inspected me and said "i cant vote kick this asshole" and left... GG
    3rd dungeon: Gundrak on the mammoth boss, dps was shite every dps doing from 2.5k dps to 3.8k dps. Tank wanted to do the ach but i stated that it's hard - also the dps setup was Me Mage, Destro lock, boomkin druid. Ofc... we didnt make it, the tank goes on a rage "OMG RETARDS HOW CAN YOU NOT DO IT IS EASYY" and left

Later that day...
    4th dungeon: I was doing a dungeon with my friend and we were on skype, at somepoint he didnt hear me so I said it in party "my dps still isn't enough" - the >TANK< vote kicks me on last boss, luckily again i wasnt kicked :P but still my friend told me and i asked the tank why he tried to kick me, "cba mage typing when playing" pulls the boss and leaves... i got amazed, im starting to take a SS for every funny tank there is out there.

Anyone else noting / got a similar story regarding tanks in hcs?

And to everyone saying "try rolling a tank or tank yourself, my main is actually a tank"
    also; had nothing better to do while servers were offline and I wanted to discuss about it.

Removed the naming and shaming - it's not allowed.
    Thats a pretty bad generalization from the three dungeons you ran... More times than not, I am stuck with lesser geared people, sometimes it sucks, sometimes its ok...

-Libertor's Armory!- "AGGRO" ~ LOOSELY TRANSLATED, IT MEANS "THE PRIEST DIES."

People have very misguided ideas about dps you will never beat the end content with dps that are lazy and screw up all the time.Sindragosa, Putricide, Bloodqueen, Lich king, it only takes one person to screw up to cost you the fight, regardless of you being a dps, tank, or healer. A dps's worth is not whether they can spam two buttons and top those meters, their value is being able to maintain high dps, while minimizing damage taken, and still pay attention to important mechanics of the fight. Every raid encounter changes how much work every role has to do, tanks have some of the easiest jobs ill ever have in raids at times(marrowgar,gunship,saurfang,rotface,festergut) I can tell you the dps have to work a hell of alot harder then i do on those fights. If you think dpsing is easy go do LK 25, that encounter will succeed or fail depending on the DPS for a very large portion of it. Any spec/role can be easy to be honest with everyone here if you just half ass it, but to really excel at it is where the difficulty comes in.

This is what its like now that DPS are queueing as tanks just to skip the queue. Never had any problem with real tanks. Assholes just don't seem to be attracted to being primary spec tanks or healers.