15+ Year Old Account

What to get/switch out for healing?

So I normally run as shadow, but lately the guilds needed a healer so I figured I'd start actually getting some more healing gear. I never really bothered to get any gear for healing, figuring I'd be fine as shadow anyway. So I was hoping that I could get a bit of help on what gear to switch out for healing.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nar&cn=Rhimari

Sorry if this is a stupid topic, feel free to close it if you like. Just hoping to get a bit of help tis all.

Re: What to get/switch out for healing?

Pretty much anything with Hit on it is not a healing item. Not that hard. :P

Seeing as your offspec is Disc, I'm assuming you'll be Disc for healing, so you'll want all Haste/Crit pieces, with as little Spirit as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

15+ Year Old Account

I know but I kind look at the gear and I get all like cross-eyed on whether or not it'd work for healing ~_~

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn
    I know but I kind look at the gear and I get all like cross-eyed on whether or not it'd work for healing ~_~
    As disc don't worry too much about the presence of +hit - just start with the highest SP option you have in every slot. If that happens to have hit on it, oh well nevermind. A disc priest will tend to do about 50% of their total heals as absorbs by PW:S, which means that they scale comparitively poorly with either haste or crit.

I would suggest you get T-9 2-set in holy gear to replace the T9-2 set you have in shadow though. Will take little time and be a big improvement since the T9-2 set bonus was solid. The trinkets are also a priority to switch - you want SP trinkets, either static or stacking.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    As disc don't worry too much about the presence of +hit - just start with the highest SP option you have in every slot. If that happens to have hit on it, oh well nevermind. A disc priest will tend to do about 50% of their total heals as absorbs by PW:S, which means that they scale comparitively poorly with either haste or crit.

I would suggest you get T-9 2-set in holy gear to replace the T9-2 set you have in shadow though. Will take little time and be a big improvement since the T9-2 set bonus was solid. The trinkets are also a priority to switch - you want SP trinkets, either static or stacking.
    Alrighty, thank you very much!