Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Engineering + Jewelcrafting for Hunter?

Hey Guys, I'm new here and this be my first post,

I'm starting to gear up my hunter and now I'm re-thinking my professions.

My question is, does Engineering + Jewelcrafting make for a nice combination? For a hunter?

I want the Engineering for the enchants such as Nitro Boots, Hand-Mounted Piro Rocket, Flexweave Underlay.

But I also want Jewelcrafting for the improved Gems!

Is it really worth levelling Jewelcrafting for that?

I know Jewelcrafting and Enchanting usually go together, but like i say... I really like Engineering.

I do have a friend who is an Enchanter and he said he would disenchant stuff for me etc.

Can I have some of your opinions on the above please?

Thanks!

Re: Engineering + Jewelcrafting for Hunter?

Engineering and Jewelcrafting is super awesome on a hunter, especially if you PVP! (Pyro gloves for extra burst, Flexweave for extra range on disengages)

PVP Engineering + Jewelcrafting are Great but if you are a PVE'r go JC and BS

Im Jc/engineer and have been.. ehm forever and i love it! jc is self explaining, and engineering is well wicked for AH in dala, and all the gadgets it provide in raids! the haste on gloves when macroed

I'm Also JC + Engi, in Raids, only because of the awesome gadgets. I've considered going BS a long while now, for the extra sockets, but haven't really made my mind yet.

Thought, it has worked out pretty well, the Haste on the gloves, 24crit on the boots, and the slightest better Cloak enchant.

10+ Year Old Account

I find it to work out well, as I raid with that exact combination.

My opinion, you should play whats fun. Engineering is definetly fun, though expenseive. I love using http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/4074/explosive-sheep/ randomly in pugs and pvp. Sure they dont do much damage, but its fun.

Yes, JC and BS are technically the best, but in reality, the DPS difference will be pretty small, to the point that you really wouldnt be able to tell the difference. Fun and utility > minor improvement in DPS.

a lot of people say jc+bs is superior to jc+eng but i have to disagree. bs extra sockets will give you a relatively small gain in stats which translate to a small gain in dps for festergut-type fights. but the engineering gadgets are extremely useful when you are doing more interesting encounters like lich king and hard modes.

also i've run the spreadsheet on the various profession buffs and the hand-mounted pyro rocket actually trumps bs extra sockets if you only have 10-man buffs.

15+ Year Old Account

I believe the Haste enchant from Engineering will be good as soon as Cataclysm patch hits seeing how our regen is affected by Haste

Thanks for the replies guys,

I think ill start levelling JC tonight then

this combination is great... when you have another character that's a miner. pumping those two out with no mining can get costly
    "Hard work never killed any body, But why take a chance?" - Edgar Bergen.

Quote Originally Posted by iootnega
    My opinion, you should play whats fun. Engineering is definetly fun, though expenseive. I love using http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/4074/explosive-sheep/ randomly in pugs and pvp. Sure they dont do much damage, but its fun.

Yes, JC and BS are technically the best, but in reality, the DPS difference will be pretty small, to the point that you really wouldnt be able to tell the difference. Fun and utility > minor improvement in DPS.
    Unless, of course, you're one of those players who finds min-maxing to be the best route, and have a lolcasual alt for Engineering (Shadowpriest, anyone?)

10+ Year Old Account

Egineering + JC is godly for a hunter.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

^ Dont forget if you're REALLY lol about that .1+ DPS you can include Saronite Bombs in your Rotation, you can use 1 per min and its not on a GCD so just throw it. The damage is about 1-1.5k.. That should even engineering out with BS lol..

Also the Haste Enchant for gloves says a higher DPS increase vs rocket gloves *shrug*.. Rocket gloves are awesome for PVP tho to get them down under that 20% for the killshot.. and it's usable in arenas

Nitro boots are better for us too.. since we can aspect dance from pack to hawk or disengage where we want to.. nitro boots is useful..
    1. if you simply know you're not going to be using it for the fight.. I pop it just to move a few yards for fun lol.
    2. Sindra HM.. super useful
    3. LK.. run around that defile.
    4. Princes HM..
    5. Dreamwalker get around overall..

lol im going to stop theres too many fights where this is useful if you've caught yourself in a tight spot or needa get somewhere far..

JC, to be able to craft gems is nice and if you're leveling that thing you drop to heal you is useful for us too

10+ Year Old Account

Eng/Jc is probably the best overall for hunters.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

i know i keep mentioning it, but... AH IN DALA, if you, like me enjoy the trade part of the game, ull nearly never have to leave dala ever again which is practical since we still have 30 min on that blasted HS

Deleted

Might change from alchemy to Jewelcrafting. Wonder if its worth it looking at the work required and long term.

here is an epic ftw macro: deterrance+masters call+ rocket boots+ /bye

i know melee classes like rogues use saronite bombs in their rotation, but are they viable for ranged? is it off the gcd?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy
    i know melee classes like rogues use saronite bombs in their rotation, but are they viable for ranged? is it off the gcd?
    yes its off the Gcd, and very viable for hunters.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.