Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Illidan not DEAD

this is my speculation

But I believe Illidan isnt dead.

after watching to Cinematic, Illidan seem to be able to talk after his defeat, and hold himself up. This seem to suggest that he survived the fight, but was unconscious like during Arthas fight.

Also with the Highborne being brought back into the night Elf community,
    it seems as if they would be more open to Magic users like Illidan,
    and I believe he will be the new Demon Hunter trainer in a future X-pac against the Legion.

edit:
    Cool Story?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Re: Illidan not DEAD

Quite possible.

I don't know if almost killing him 'cured' his madness, but I don't think it's probable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Well... He was mad for a purpose? :P Having a chick chasing him all the time, wanting to throw him in da dark room for her own evil satisfaction... I would go mad too O.O.

15+ Year Old Account

It's possible. It's not like Blizz has never played the "X was merely a setback!" card before.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

While I would like for Illidan to come back, its confirmed that hes dead.

From the Winds of Change: From Dark Horizons to a Beacon of Hope in the World of Warcraft thats in the Wrath of the Lich King Game Manuel.

"The emboldened figures then stormed the gates of the Black Temple and confronted Illidan himself. They waged a fierce and desperate battle and ultimately killed the Betrayer, wresting Outland from his iron grip."
    The Lich King yells: Now I stand, the lion before the lambs... and they do not fear.
    The Lich King yells: They cannot fear.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor
    this is my speculation

But I believe Illidan isnt dead.

after watching to Cinematic, Illidan seem to be able to talk after his defeat, and hold himself up. This seem to suggest that he survived the fight, but was unconscious like during Arthas fight.

Also with the Highborne being brought back into the night Elf community,
    it seems as if they would be more open to Magic users like Illidan,
    and I believe he will be the new Demon Hunter trainer in a future X-pac against the Legion.

edit:
    Cool Story?
    Pix or it didnt happen!

Ontopic: would be cool to see that bugger again.

>.> Soooo, its impossible to kill Mal'ganis because hes a demon right, weeeeell didn't Illidan become half demon when he absorbed the Skull of Gul'dan?
    soooooo, could it be that he inherited that ability to just retreat to the Twisting Nether?
    just another theory, illidan is too much of the Hero-Villian to be dead for real, I mean, he did after all help stop sargeras from entering Azeroth...even though he did help almost let him in..
    PS: wasn't there talk about Illidan having a son at one point??
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

He's dead Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai Staggerwind

PS: wasn't there talk about Illidan having a son at one point??
    He was just dodging child support payments by faking his death. He'll return when his son is 18.

10+ Year Old Account

Illidan is the one guy I would love to have a "setback" if it meant getting him back in the game. He has the perfect lore to be the evil good guy. He will do anything for victory, but he has helped Tyrande out of love.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy
    He was just dodging child support payments by faking his death. He'll return when his son is 18.
    Win. just pure win.
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

One nice thing that Blizzard has for them is Caverns of Time. Even if they can't find a good reason to bring an old boss back to life. Bam, infinite dragonflight.. gotta go back and, I dunno, allow Illidan to cross that river that one time and he gets all pissed and attacks the raid, or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai Staggerwind
    Win. just pure win.
    no VAWA will win against any man, even if he not guilty and a OP Demon Hunter
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Jarod Shadowsong and Illidan still need to have their legendary rematch. The reason he disappeared one day without a trace is so he could train to be the greatest fighter to have ever existed. One day, he and Illidan will fight again, and it will be for keeps....

Quote Originally Posted by Gungbroh
    Quite possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungbroh
    but I don't think it's probable..

Deleted

Please. No more setbacks.

Arthas is dead, Illidan is dead. Move on, it's been more than two years already. Besides, while everyone jokes around about Blizzard bringing back dead characters in raids and instances, you're forgetting that they are ALWAYS undead (with the exception of Kael'thas, who returned pretty beaten up, and Onyxia who returned for gameplay reasons and not in lore).

If you're suggesting an undead Illidan brought back by a Lich King that returned in a 5-man instance with a crystal stuck up his chest, then sure, that could happen..

Miracles do happen, ya know!

he was killed in lore
    Im a wawiur
    http://stompingnerds.blogspot.com/ ill blog about what you want
    wish my post count was as high as yours

Quote Originally Posted by Brutallus.
    he was killed in lore
    same was said in WC3, but we saw how that turned out, no?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Lets not turn Illidan into kale, hes to cool for that
    Insquequo terminus