Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Enhance] What am I doing wrong?

Ignore my sig'd mage's armory, here's my 'hance shammy: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...krock&cn=Scraz

In an icc-25 the other day I was competing with another enhancement shaman on the meters, winning some, losing more... but I outgeared him by a bit.

I know my trinket is bad, if I didn't have some really bad luck I'd have replaced it by now.

I understand that enhance is a priority system and I understand the priority. However I often find myself falling into a "rotation" of SS -> F/E Shock -> Lava Lash -> Nova or refresh LS, tossing in maelstrom LBs as they pop, of course. Is this wrong?

Can my latency be a factor? I'm ~3,000 miles physically from my server, and while the tcpack frequency change lowers my ping to ~125-150, I can tell it isn't ideal since I'm often a hair late on interrupts that I never had a problem with on closer servers (servers in the Boston or Dallas datacenters, for example). Can a high ping kill enhance dps?

I notice that this other shaman had the elemental range slot totem. I never considered it, getting the AP one since I'm enhancement, and Rawr lists them about equal... but since I'm stacking haste should I grab one? And what kind of difference might that make?

Re: [Enhance] What am I doing wrong?

Im sure latency can hurt anyone, but 150ish isnt TOO horrible imo. I'm sure if you gave some recount numbers people could tell you if you are doing something wrong. I barely played my enhance shaman but after I got the flame shock totem from the frost badges, it seemed to remove doing fire nova...StormStrikes/LB's/Flame shock..usually like 1 or 2 Earth shocks until the Flame Shock wears off..doing lava lash and getting magma totem up

start gemming hit.

and SR every time its up

hes got plenty of hit but he needs to lose the armor pen gear and use the flame shock totem

Press in dire situations http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Try get rid of the Armor Penetration gear
    65% of Shamans damage is Magical, much like Retridins that are 70% Magical.
    Get the Flame Shock haste totem too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Basically, my last guild leader was a wheel-chair bound Mexican who wanted to be Black, posted pictures of his dad claiming it was him, had the hots for his sister, created a fantasy in which his sister was his wife and that they had twin daughters together, and thought he was an FBI agent.

If you're going for Haste, why don't you use the haste-triumph-trinket? and yeah, use the FS-haste totem.

Maybe the other enhancer was an engineer, I think it can make up a lot of DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

youre at all caps and your gear isnt bad, yeah just the trinket"s" and the armor pen pieces
    instead the legs you can buy t10 legs with a shitload of hit, so you could change both trinkets.

maybe the other enhancers used their fireele and wolves better
    maybe they used haste pots
    maybe they got tricks of trade...
    etc

in icc are just 2 to 3 bosses where you can compete with others....

Thanks for the replies. Yes, the other guy was an engineer, and yeah I know herbalism isn't helping my dps much It started off as an alt, but I'm enjoying it enough to switch to a dps prof. Just a bit lazy.

I'll be getting the FS totem and t10 legs asap. I have the 264 val gloves bagged so I'm in good shape there. However rawr reports the only 264 boots better than mine as the ones I've never seen drop off princes, and they're only a ~15 dps upgrade. I bought these because I had the cash and figured (rightly) that I'd probably never see the boots drop or win the roll.

you should sim that totem to see if its an upgrade or not. The AP version isn't that bad and sims higher for me than the haste one with my current gear set up. Also ditch that 245 trinket and gem for your hit if the sims say its an upgrade, it probably would be..
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Getting rid of ARPen gear isn't as easy as it seems, most of the gear available to enhancement shamans in ICC is covered completely in ARPen. It's hard to tell what you're doing wrong, since you haven't shown your dps/performance in raids. Saw a poster above that said to get rid off both your trinkets, DO NOT get rid of herkulm. Are you double potting during the fight(One before, one after)? That is an extremely good dps source, drop herb and pick up eng or jc (Will cost some money).

Only 2-3 fights you can compete? If you know what you're doing, you can do a lot... The only fight which you may have trouble with is Sindra, because of stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by baelon
    However rawr reports the only 264 boots better than mine as the ones I've never seen drop off princes, and they're only a ~15 dps upgrade.
    Yep, those boots are fine. Contrary to popular belief ArP isn't a terrible stat. It's probably about as good as hit for you, hence why those two boots are so close in dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vreshnar
    in icc are just 2 to 3 bosses where you can compete with others....

Marrogar, Deathwhisper(strat dependant), Saurfang, Festergut, Rotface, Normal Put(strat dependant), BQL(unless you have a poor spot in bite rotation), Princes can be iffy...

I agree with Zarios though, even taking out strat dependancy, or taking hard modes into account as well, you have bad math.

Lumb speaks the truth as well, ArP isn't as bad as people will tell you it is. There's also no telling how it's going to look with the new ArP trinket/boots coming out, that may work their way into bis and even swap other things around in the current BiS list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios
    Only 2-3 fights you can compete?
    No my dps is ok. It just irked me that I was often behind another enhance shaman with slightly worse gear.

Quote Originally Posted by baelon
    No my dps is ok. It just irked me that I was often behind another enhance shaman with slightly worse gear.
    I mean't in a way, where you should be doing a lot better than 2-3 fights like a previous poster said. There are so many fights in ICC where enh shamans succeed.

you have wrong spec
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337
    you have wrong spec
    not really, all he needs to do is move 1 point from focus to reducing shock cd and change that wf glyph to flameshock

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337
    you have wrong spec
    If this is targeted at the op, you are giving no advice and your input was worthless.

Unless something has changed since I read this before and this post, there is only a minor difference between the OP's spec and the maximum enh dps spec. There is nothing wrong with it, and no real cause to tell him he should change it if it's what he wants to use. This spec is plenty capable of competing with other shaman, and isn't the cause of his problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

From what I see your good on all counts where you've explained yourself.

A couple things you can change, some previously mentioned:

GLYPH: Replace Windfury with Flame Shock
    ENCHANT: Replace Icewalker on boots to either Tuskarr's Vitality (+15 stam +8% run speed) or Cat's Swiftness (+6 agi +8% run speed)

Biggest factor is your main hand weapon which I had in the past: Black Bruise

The proc works off your damage. Your currently gimping the weapons output by stacking haste. So if you can, nix that weapon for a different MH, your best option being Heroic Gutbuster (Festergut 10 man) or the LK axe in 25 man. The constant dps upgrade will outweigh the 9% proc on your current weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrcus
    From what I see your good on all counts where you've explained yourself.

A couple things you can change, some previously mentioned:

GLYPH: Replace Windfury with Flame Shock
    ENCHANT: Replace Icewalker on boots to either Tuskarr's Vitality (+15 stam +8% run speed) or Cat's Swiftness (+6 agi +8% run speed)

Biggest factor is your main hand weapon which I had in the past: Black Bruise

The proc works off your damage. Your currently gimping the weapons output by stacking haste. So if you can, nix that weapon for a different MH, your best option being Heroic Gutbuster (Festergut 10 man) or the LK axe in 25 man. The constant dps upgrade will outweigh the 9% proc on your current weapon.
    Stacking haste is not bad, where have you been? And just because he doesn't have 264 weapons, doesn't mean he can't compete... I have 1 264 and I do 12k dps(10% Buff, haven't raided since then).

To me it looks like your spec and glyphs are fine....and gear is great too, but replace your hit trinket with an on proc trinket not on use, and black bruise with a better MH as suggested above. And run speed to boots is crucial.

Also, it may help to prioritize Fire Nova over Lava Lash.

Something like MW5>SS>ES>FN>LL..... and keeping magma, ls and flShock dot up at all times.

Don't let tracking flame shock cause you to forget more important things.....flame shock is good but it's not a big loss to your dps if you earth shock instead of flame shock or cast a mw5 instead of refresh it. Many players hold off on using their shock cause they want to let the dot fall off first......don't wait just cast earth or flame shock right away...it's no big deal if you don't get a few ticks in.

Also, about gemming haste.....your gear has enough AP for it to work, the main thing is maximizing your melee uptime on bosses, looks like you have some experience in ICC so I don't know how much improvement you need but this is probably the biggest way to keep your dps high. >50% of our damage and 95% of our haste relies on staying on target.