Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Life after haste cap...

So recently i have reached 1270 Haste (yea i know 1 over cap WOO HOO!!!) and i was thinking what the hell do i do next? I dont want SP since i already over heal to much with the 20% buff. So i was thinking Crit? idk... i really dont know what >.>

Re: Life after haste cap...

Quote Originally Posted by SobeBauxite
    Um, spec?
    holy, Disc haste cap is alot lower

Quote Originally Posted by Barrano247
    armory link might help
    um because looking at my gear really matters what i would be going after once im haste caped?

fine here it is

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&cn=Checksmix

enjoy

@OP: Stack more haste, spam PoH more

Or you know, get some spellpower. It's not half bad a stat. You might not need it for ICC with the 20% buff in place, but hopefully the ruby sanctuary will be a little bit harder than the PTR offered.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

No need to get more haste. At cap PoH lines up with damage auras. Getting more doesn't do much (until you can get like 2180...).

Adjust gear to get more raw SP and more Spirit to up your overall healing. Honestly once you haste cap just start working on off-spec gear. You won't really 'need' anything until 85 from that point onward. I have 3 nearly full sets on my Priest now due to just not needing gear to do content. ICC with the new buff feels a lot like Naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    No need to get more haste. At cap PoH lines up with damage auras. Getting more doesn't do much (until you can get like 2180...).

Adjust gear to get more raw SP and more Spirit to up your overall healing. Honestly once you haste cap just start working on off-spec gear. You won't really 'need' anything until 85 from that point onward. I have 3 nearly full sets on my Priest now due to just not needing gear to do content. ICC with the new buff feels a lot like Naxx.
    thats the thing im not even in 278 full yet.. only 5 peices

What are you using to hit haste cap? Haste trinket + Dying Light? Just pick up more spirit/crit/SP when you can and... yeah, that's about all you do. There's really no reason to go past 1269 except something in your case where you're accidentally a couple points over... which uh... who cares. :P I'd like build a Shadow / non 4p Disc set instead of getting more Holy gear. There's some overlap and really who cares anymore. Just remember that full 264 is now over-geared for hard modes and it will make more sense.

no just mostly haste gear. i have Solace and Arthos

and yea dyeing light

What's your setup? More importantly, are you using T10 Helm/Shoulders? What are you using for bracers? Those are spots where you usually will not have haste items, so if you're using a setup that uses haste items in those places that would be the first place to start looking. As your overall haste comes up you can start dropping pieces that focus heavily on haste in favor of spirit/crit items. Neither stat is great, but haste isn't spectacular past the cap anyway, so you may as well up your crit/SP.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

replace ur trinkets to heroic equals

pretty much if your gnna look at it, you can replace your current pieces with 277 equals, and drop some haste gems, get some more spellpower/regen.

if you think you dont need those stuff, you might aswell built on your disc/shadow gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

Quote Originally Posted by Waterwings
    replace ur trinkets to heroic equals

pretty much if your gnna look at it, you can replace your current pieces with 277 equals, and drop some haste gems, get some more spellpower/regen.

if you think you dont need those stuff, you might aswell built on your disc/shadow gear.
    Well for 1 if i get heroic pieces my haste will go UP. I have full 264 shadow. And my disc gear is fine. I don't need regen... i guess spell power.

I guess what i am really asking is what should i timize for now...? Crit? int? Spirit? spellpower? i never thought about it. I don't really need any of them so great. So i guess ill just gear sp since it seams the best.

and OH MY BAD for having poor drops and being in LC where im not the top PR. Not to mention H solace has never droped for me. And if you look its not because i don't do ToGC.

I'd grab more spellpower. Your renews will HoT your targets back to full faster, using fewer ticks, and the extra ticks are there in case the target takes damage again while they're still HoTted up. Besides, who cares if you're overhealing as long as you're not going OOM? You also could epeen out over how much your GH crits for or how much HPS you're putting out, or better yet, secure a spot taking portals on VDW. Flying around for orbs is good times.

You could always just not worry about it and leave your gemming alone, leaving you extra money to spend on something insanely useful like buying rare pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix
    but that still dsnt awnser what i should get next >.>
    That got answered in the first few posts. The only choices you really have are to go for more throughput, or more regen. In 277 gear, which is what you're trying to gear up for you won't need extra regen. The best throughput stats besides haste are SP, Spirit and Crit... So you have options here. For instance when you get your next direct upgrade like say a 264 haste piece to the same piece of 277 gear. You'll now be enough over the haste cap that you can switch a gem. What you're doing now is the same thing DPS go through with hit caps. When you get upgrades to an item that has one of your capped stats on it you need to work around that. You're lucky because you're most likely gemmed straight haste, so you can switch those to SP/Haste, or Spirit/Haste and get more bang for your buck.

the answer's simple. if you're going to go above haste cap, when you replace a piece of gear, don't gem haste, gem spellpower. personally, being a disc priest, i wouldn't gem haste anyway, because shields are already on a 1sec CD, and that's what you're casting most of the time, so spellpower's better anyway.

imo, you've beaten the holy game. only thing i would do now is get the ulduar legendary with heroic spindle. not like you're doing anything else.

15+ Year Old Account

wow OP, good for you bro, you finally got to haste cap.

but you realize that at that level, minute changes in stats do nothing for you. it doesn't even matter what stat you get next, you're just stroking your own peen at this point.

and asking pointless questions. anything you itemize for that isn't haste, is eventually going to drop your haste, unless you make up the difference in pure haste gems, which is sacrificing a lot of slots with how high the stat allotment goes now.

fail, pat yourself on the back thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Druishprince
    imo, you've beaten the holy game. only thing i would do now is get the ulduar legendary with heroic spindle. not like you're doing anything else.
    I ran Ulduar since day one. And cleared after week 3. I saw 2 people get the mace. Both went casual. I have 2 shards i got in PUGS. On average its a 1 shard run. The one from Yogg.

[Sundial of Eternal Dusk] is better imo. More SP and Crit ant to big.

But i think ill just go for SP/Crit and slowly regem back to getting socket bonus's

The 2 healers in my guild who got Val'nyr went casual too

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    The 2 healers in my guild who got Val'nyr went casual too
    that was my abbreviated version -__- the long version is worse

If Val isn't an option heroic Trauma isn't a possible way to increase throughput.