Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3.5 Regional Release Information

Although the internet, or perhaps more accurately the idea of mass networking, was indeed started by the American military wanting to make it so one well aimed missile wouldn't cripple them. The World Wide Web, this thing that we're using right now and is a massive collection of networks webbed together, was created by an Englishman (Sir Tim Berners-Lee). Also as the director of the W3C it is he who is making sure that the html language is the same worldwide.

So please, don't try and make it sound as though America is the only reason we have computers.

Instead of us going back to school, maybe you should start. If it weren't for us you would probably be speaking... huh... nothing, due to not existing.

Ontopic:

Let them Iron out the bugs over in America so we get a smoother launch. World firsts aren't important and there's plenty of time untill Cataclysm yet.
    See all, Hear all, Record all.
    ~Still Playing since Open Beta~

Once Again:

Americans made this game. Now stfu

Edit: Btw, thanks for your euros, it really helps our economy.
    You Betcha!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Efekz
    Once Again:

Americans made this game. Now stfu

Edit: Btw, thanks for your euros, it really helps our economy.
    There you go, you found the reason behind the destruction of the EURO zone....

Just kidding, why so mad, it is after all a game! go outside for this week you won't have the patch, and try to live without WoW like little hermits.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Unless you are in a world-first guild then this won't matter to you. It probably won't be released with heroic-mode unlocked, so again just relax about it.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

Awww we can't get world first's, awww American's always get it first.
    American's made it.
    Harden the fuck up Europe.

I love how people think the US servers are going to get to kill things first. Well I've got news for ya, yankees!

Battle.net 2.0 is HORRIBLE.

Anyone who plays SC2 Beta will know just how much trouble B.net is in at the moment. Don't be surprised if you are unable to log in for a few hours until they fix you back to 3.3.4.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    While it is true Russia did do most of the work in the European theatre, the US almost single handedly defeated the Japanese. If we werent there Russia would have fought on two fronts and probably would have lost. Canada, UK, and US also were there for D-Day, and that allowed us to severely weaken Germany. Hell, if anyone should get the most credit it should be the UK, because they were the only one who was there the whole time. Remember though, the war wouldnt have been won if any of the 3 allies werent there. It was a group effort. So all you American and European elitists can shove it.
    It wasn't America's war to fight in. We did not need to be in it the entire time. By the time we stepped in England was days away from falling to the Germans. All of you UK brats need to brush up on your history. Not to mention the entire war, the USA was supplying the British with weapons. Without our support you would have been toast. You want the UK to get most of the credit? Credit for what, being days from become part of Germany. K, theres your credit!

10+ Year Old Account

The US vs EU is probably the most idiotic argument ever, from both sides.

Look at yourself. You are trying to bash another country over a forum about a video game. Reaaaally cool. :

Blizzard wants to give US guilds a bit edge since they can't get any World First-kills nowadays :/
    Stormreaver.EU

Quote Originally Posted by Kyocere
    It wasn't America's war to fight in. We did not need to be in it the entire time. By the time we stepped in England was days away from falling to the Germans. All of you UK brats need to brush up on your history. Not to mention the entire war, the USA was supplying the British with weapons. Without our support you would have been toast. You want the UK to get most of the credit? Credit for what, being days from become part of Germany. K, theres your credit!
    *can't stop laughing* Is that propaganda or local view on history?
    Stormreaver.EU

it's only a week before us altho ruby sanctum don't seem anything special anyways it's already been conquered loads on PTR anyways

Love all the rage comments about US getting it first. 90% of the people on this website wont even be apart of the top 100 guilds to beat RS within the first few weeks.

sounds to me like they are expecting problems which means they want to use the US realms as a guinea pig to see how the system works. If it gets messed up we could see a ton of down time when it launches. So if they find out how to get it working well the EU and other servers should have a smooth transition. So it could actual for the benifit of the other servers.

15+ Year Old Account

A company that originated in the US releasing a patch locally first? Colour me shocked.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

US first, its obvious since the company mainly does work in the US.

Well the US is by far has the biggest player base and is perfect for the first stage of live testing.

Just wait, I can see it now:

Quote from: Slorkuz
    -Due to multiple unforeseen issues with the latest content patch and the new battle.net system the release for the European, Korean, and Taiwanese servers has been delayed for another week. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Ill laugh, both because it will incite more crying from the Europeans and because the US still wont be able to get the world first (Not that a Halion world first actually matters). :

Though I suppose the US potentially getting an extra week on the heroic version might piss some people off though. :'(

Good luck to all. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by bronco
    Yup you're an idiot if you think I'm mad. This thread has been an absolute delight to read.

No one posting in here has potential/time/skill (whatever your reason might be) to be world first.

Yes that includes me as well.

I'm just enjoying the QQfest.
    So you're admitting posting just to flame, with no intentions to discuss things like others here are. Your post reeked of elitist and you're just trying to change your tune at this point it seems for obvious reason. Unless you meant it differently somehow but your post was so poorly written it certainly didn't read like that.

And it's a delight for me to read this thread too. People crying over something the US players are going to have to trudge through which will potentially help ensure a better launch for other segments of the world. And reading people like you that are so mad (at other people for whatever reason) you can't construct something properly to say.

Idiocy knows no bounds...

Aren't most of the world-firsts held by European guilds anyway?

I skip to the last page and no suprise I find people are raging over things like wars and politics.

GET A GRIP PEOPLE.