Thread: Dodgy? Hmmmm...

Dodgy? Hmmmm...

Well just checking through my emails and I tend to go through my spam to see what drugs people are offering me, in otherwords shit, when I came across this

'Greetings!

Recently, the problem of account invasion is getting worse and worse which cause enormous players’equipments and virtual currency stolen. This severely damages the benefits of mass players, also causes our company lose a lot of customers.

Our company has to adopt some measures to safeguard our common benefits in order to strengthen the safety of mass players'accounts, and firmly resist the account to be stolen again.Through our company's research and investigation to xxx customers,we will make the following decisions: we launch a package of updated code strengthen system and dynamic code protection card which can effectively prevent the accounts invaded. We will send this package of code protection system to players free of charge.

Please open this connection: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/secure

If your account passes the check successfully, we will send this package of dynamic code protection card to you in the form of e-mail.

In 3 days after you receiving the e-mail, if you don't submit your information, we have right to freeze your account, every player is obligated to protect the safety of the account. You must work together with us to be determined to crack down all the behaviors of destroying games.

If you had already authenticator your account, please disregard this automatic notification.

Regards,

The World of Warcraft Support Team
    Blizzard Entertainment
    http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowindex/'

If I was you I would not go on the website but does anyone else think this is a bit shifty?
    Fire is good, it gives people fire, warmth and the ability to cook stuff, it also sets people alight, yay!

Re: Dodgy? Hmmmm...

Well retarded me just saw the sticky at top of thread so ignore and delete please.
    Fire is good, it gives people fire, warmth and the ability to cook stuff, it also sets people alight, yay!

idd i wouldnt click that link tbh i class every email i get as dodgy if its says its from blizzard untill i do my homework on it ie check blizz posts check forums for anyone else posting about it etc etc.

This mail has been posted before and it's obviously fake.

1) Bad grammar
    2) Shifty link
    3) If you gotta ask for genuinity, it's fake. Seriously, you'll know when it's not.
    4) They ASK you to open a webpage which they link to. Blizzard does not ASK you to open a link in their email, they tell you to browse to their website on your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

That link has Http:// instead of Https:// iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysera
    Making dreams 'enjoyable' since 10.000 B.N.
    Ysera fanclub. <3

Fake indeed. Take all mails from "blizz" as fakes and if one seems to be more of a real mail i contact blizzard by phone or a ticket ingame where i ask if its true that they write to me in the mail.

And never, never, never open a link in those mails!
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09