Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Demoralized from an experience in WoW today.

Hey

I just started playing the game now after a little over a 1 year absence. I character is a ret paladin, the last time I played it was in the end first season of arena for Catalysm I think. My character is fully deadly geared inc deadly 2h weapon with about 800 resilience, fully properly gemmed and fully enchanted etc.

I have just been farming gold recently for Catalysm (almost have 60k saved up now) but I decided to try playing a BG for the new battleground random thing, just for honor so I could buy a gem and sell it as I was randomly close to the 10k mark for a gem.

I joined the BG and came across another ret paladin, who took me from 100% to 30% in around 2 seconds , we both judged each other and I hit him for maybe %10 of his total hp while I was forced to insta-bubble. No he did not have wings or beserker. I am not sure if he was PvE or PvP geared though as I didn't bother to armory him and I don't know what any of the gear looks like now after being away for so long.

I am demoralized right now, even though I haven't PvP in so long, I am not a clicker and I still remember and use all my binds from all that long ago, hell I even managed glads a few times on my mage back in TBC. Back to MW2 and BC2 for my PvP experience, no more PvP until Catalysm for me.

This is not a rant, but just feel like I wanted to share it with you guys. It's a wierd feeling getting totally destroyed by another player, I haven't been in that position since I started playing back in late 2004.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Demoralized from an experience in WoW today.

you are in gear 3 seasons behind, what do you expect

yeah the common attitude of players these day.

oh look at me, i spent much less time playing than the other player and i'm getting pwned, but i shouldn't get pwned cos that's not fair booooohoooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by dabros
    ^ this, he may of been pve if he took you that low with a judgement.

Deleted

Yeah I know, but with 800 resilience and 25k health I didn't feel like I was going to go drop like a peice of shit off a cows arse.

WoW doesn't seem fun being on this side of the game, I feel for all the people who never get geared and get owned constantly.

Playing some MW2 & BC2 has cheered me up though.

I feel like I am worthless in WoW until next expansion, never experienced this feeling before.

Sucks :<

Not much different from when i stopped playing my Feral tank for about a year. Stopped playing right before Ulduar came out so i was rocking full 213 gear. I remember i was clearly the most OP tank class in the game at the time....

Anyways i come back and the first random instance i run is Forge of Souls. The damn plate dps has as much health as I do!!!! I was distraught for quite a while. Had to spend a month to completely re-gear out of my naxx25 shit before i could even raid again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazertrooper

oh look at me, i spent much less time playing than the other player and i'm getting pwned, but i shouldn't get pwned cos that's not fair booooohoooooo.

I wasn't complaining. In-fact I've always been on the opposite side of the game always destroying people and now that I took such a long break from the game and I come back to everyone grosly out-gearing me.

Coupled with the fact I am too lazy & can't be bothered to get any gear now that Catalysm is in a few months time it's very demoralizing to do anything for me in the game at the moment besides play the AH lol

15+ Year Old Account

they buffed the amount of honor u get, u can get full wrathful in a week easily

they buffed the amount of honor u get, u can get full wrathful in a week easily
    As I said I really can't be bothered doing anything in the game at the moment besides farming gold. I was just really making an observation. Like I didn't think me joining a BG would bring me to feel this bad about it lol. It's making my FPS games actually feel enjoyable now even though I was starting to get bored of them again.

It's not just gearing either, it's finding people to play with. And this far into an expansion, massively cbf finding people to arena with or bg with. Hell it was hard enough a year ago but everyone was crying about arena burst back in S1 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrio

I wasn't complaining. In-fact I've always been on the opposite side of the game always destroying people and now that I took such a long break from the game and I come back to everyone grosly out-gearing me.

Coupled with the fact I am too lazy & can't be bothered to get any gear now that Catalysm is in a few months time it's very demoralizing to do anything for me in the game at the moment besides play the AH lol
    shit happens unforunately, you have to deal with it.

But you could just do 10 arena matches a week and random BGs whenever your bored you will be full Furious/Relentless in no time. if you can get the rating even wrathful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazertrooper

Stop it, he just shared his thoughts, did you see him whine "omg he pwned my ass, wtf blizz i need better gear, and FASTER! and nerf HIM!" ? I did not, just guy sharing his experience with paladin killing him faster than usual for him.

On topic: Yes, you are few seasons behind him, that might be the case, also there is a chance that he was in PvE equip, as mentioned before, but that wouldn't explain your damage (only 10%) against him. I guess he had PvP equipment too, and far better than you, yes.
    Spectator of legendary "Bacon of Light offends me religiously" thread.

10+ Year Old Account

The only reason you're demoralized is because you're fooling yourself into thinking you care about your performance when you won't put in the effort to get better gear.

Now if you were trying to get better gear and this still happened, then I would totally understand and sympathize with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan
    The only reason you're demoralized is because you're fooling yourself into thinking you care about your performance when you won't put in the effort to get better gear.
    Way to not highlight "CATALYSM"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxel
    Stop it, he just shared his thoughts, did you see him whine "omg he pwned my ass, wtf blizz i need better gear, and FASTER! and nerf HIM!" ? I did not, just guy sharing his experience with paladin killing him faster than usual for him.

On topic: Yes, you are few seasons behind him, that might be the case, also there is a chance that he was in PvE equip, as mentioned before, but that wouldn't explain your damage (only 10%) against him. I guess he had PvP equipment too, and far better than you, yes.
    an ilvl 213 weapon will do that

10+ Year Old Account

Way to not highlight "CATALYSM"
    The fact that Cataclysm is near has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.

Do dailies and dungeon runs. You'll get gold and stuff you can vendor for more gold, and emblems besides. You can spend them on updated gear.

Don't want to do that? If you don't want to play the game, then why are you even logging in?

It's not just gearing either, it's finding people to play with. And this far into an expansion, massively cbf finding people to arena with or bg with. Hell it was hard enough a year ago but everyone was crying about arena burst back in S1 etc.
    2 mistakes here: coming into an internet forum whining about getting pwned in 3-seasons-old gear, and repeating in every single post you make after the first that basically you're too damn lazy to do anything now you can't ROFLstomp everybody with little effort, don't expect anything besides flames in response TBH :

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan
    The fact that Cataclysm is near has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make.
    Actually it does, because me being "lazy" and "can't be bothered" with spending time obtaining new gear now is only because of Catalysm being so close. You should obviously know finding arena partners so late into an expansion incredibly hard and I really am not interested in playing arena this season as well. I was just hoping to have some fun with some casual PvP to help avoid going insane from Auction House farming. I didn't expect to get totally pooooned in the bum like that.

Again...not complaining...it's just an observation...my first time in over 5 years I have never been completely pwned like that. It was like an out of body experience, as If I was watching someone elses kill-cam.

10+ Year Old Account

From what ive read so far, OP seems like one of those furry emo kids walking with tails to school and hanging out with their "second" family by the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^