BG- differences in final honor points awarded

I paste the final data from the table at the end of the AB.

Person with most honor gained:
    killing blows:12 deaths:3 honorable kills:45 dmg done:713672 healing done:54098 bases defended:1 Honor gained:5917

Me:
    killing blows:12 deaths:2 honorable kills:46 dmg done:452354 healing done:45056 bases defended:0 Honor gained:3958

In both cases bases assaulted:0

My question is how could he get 2000 honor more then me? (this is not qq I am just curious where he got those 2000 honor points, its quite obvious that not from defending one base)

Also I tried to find some data how many honor points I get for bg objectives like assaulting the base etc, but couldn't find anything.

Re: BG- differences in final honor points awarded

The reson is probably that you have followed a zerg and the honor gained from HKs have been divided between lots of people, where the other person has been fighting with 1-2 persons so that less people have to share the honor from HKs.

defending bases gives you +% honor

stop running around like a scrub and defend the flags

you are why AB is so painful in pubs

Random BG Bonus

Cant believe previous posters didnt twig

Well it can also depend on when you both started, did you join during the game or at the start?
    Fire is good, it gives people fire, warmth and the ability to cook stuff, it also sets people alight, yay!

Well obviously he got his daily BG bonus points for winning, which you must have already completed earlier that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethric
    The reson is probably that you have followed a zerg and the honor gained from HKs have been divided between lots of people, where the other person has been fighting with 1-2 persons so that less people have to share the honor from HKs.
    That's some reasonable explanation but isn't the honor granted to everybody nearby and not divided between the players?
    I mean solo kills would give 10x more honor then killing in the group of 10 then? Or there is some formula for that?

Also I was doing random bg and I started from beginning, also over 50% of time I was defending.

Quote Originally Posted by dingobongo
    Well obviously he got his daily BG bonus points for winning, which you must have already completed earlier that day.
    This is the right answer. While there might be other factors in play, this is the most common.

The damage done. Game figures he contributed more, and was actually more responsible for those kills, rather than leeching them. Not saying you leeched them, just that thats why the difference, if you were both on your first random BG of the day.

Of course if you weren't..

EDIT: As you can tell from this thread, there are many factors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Windan
    Being inside the belly of a giant gives one time for reflection. As my body crystallizes I have come to the conclusion that perhaps there are enough heroes in the world. Should I somehow make it out of this predicament I am going to ring that orc's ghostly neck!

Quote Originally Posted by dingobongo
    Yes I think that's it. Thanks for help

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphys
    The damage done. Game figures he contributed more, and was actually more responsible for those kills, rather than leeching them. Not saying you leeched them, just that thats why the difference, if you were both on your first random BG of the day.
    I am pretty sure you don't get any honor points for damage done/healing. Or am I wrong?

kriS411

you get additional honor for your first won random BG every day.
    the bonus is something like 37xx i think, its shown in your battleground tab.

+ you get 50% more honor when defending (stupid - but tahts the way it is).

Quote Originally Posted by medows
    I am pretty sure you don't get any honor points for damage done/healing. Or am I wrong?
    Quite possibly not, i just notice that when I'm way ahead on damage, I seem to get more honor than people who have been playing with me, and not doing as much. Theres some sort of calculation going on there. It might be something to do with contribution rather than the actual damage specifically.. There must be a blue on this somewhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Windan
    Being inside the belly of a giant gives one time for reflection. As my body crystallizes I have come to the conclusion that perhaps there are enough heroes in the world. Should I somehow make it out of this predicament I am going to ring that orc's ghostly neck!

The things that influence the honour gain individually, instead of for the whole team, are:

-random bg bonus, daily bonus
    -defending a flag
    -hcs.

Thats it. A hc gives a certain amount of honour, i do not know what exactly it is at the moment, something about 100 or so. This honour gets spread to all allys in a certain area surrounding it. This area is pretty large now. If one is standing at a flag, the amount you gain is multiplied by 1.5

So, for example, if one guy gets killed, and awards 100 honour, and there are 10 allies in the area, each will get 10 honour. If two of them are standing at a flag, they will get 15, while the rest will still get 10.

This also explains your dmg/heal theory. Because if you do much dmg/healing, you are where most of the fights occur, so probably also near where most people die. You also probably are not dead most of the time, since you will get no honour for hcs while you are dead.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by medows
    That's some reasonable explanation but isn't the honor granted to everybody nearby and not divided between the players?
    I mean solo kills would give 10x more honor then killing in the group of 10 then? Or there is some formula for that?

Also I was doing random bg and I started from beginning, also over 50% of time I was defending.
    It is split between everyone close by, the default value of a lvl 80 player is 128 honor. If you were the only person nearby, and thus the game assumes the only person contributing to the kill, you gain 128 honor. If you had 1 teammate nearby, both of you would gain 64. (Exact values might be a little skewed, I do not remember exact amount).
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.