15+ Year Old Account

a few frost questions

a week ago i decided to go frost, i got bored of the rotation of unholy (and i use unholy for pvp too, so i sometimes was running a pve spec in pvp and vice versa)

so now, after reading the guide here, getting 2 1h weapons and learning the rotation i am now doing about 5.5k dps on raidbosses, with the rotation in the guide

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Nebukenezar

here's my armory(note on my gear: the pvp pices where not meant as upgrades, but where better then the gear i had, and i can't always join my guild into icc due to not enough time so if u flame i don't care)

i personally think i should do way more dps, i'm thinking of taking 1 point form blood caked blade into killing machine. (i also have to practice a bit more with the rotation, to get more oblitares out)

'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

10+ Year Old Account

Re: a few frost questions

If you don't, get the addon "PowerAuras". It will show you when your Killing Machine or Freezing Fog (Rime) Procs are up, so you can react faster, thus more DPS.

I would, personally, move 3 points out of Black Ice into Killing machine and Chill of the Grave. If you always have enough Runic power for Frost Strikes, keep the points in Black Ice and dont put them in Chill of the Grave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

15+ Year Old Account

it's rlly rare for me to not have enough RP, and i have done some caculations, and 1 point black ice delivers mored dps then 1 point of blood caked blade, that's why i asked specifick about this talent :P

Except for when you are a belf (15 RP <3 ) you should really consider Chill of the Grave for the RP gain.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin
    it's rlly rare for me to not have enough RP, and i have done some caculations, and 1 point black ice delivers mored dps then 1 point of blood caked blade, that's why i asked specifick about this talent :P
    That isn't always true. If you have a high arp set up, BCB is more worthwhile. Just keep that in mind. Really you can shift points around BCB, KM, Black Ice, and subversion. Subversion isn't as much DPS as the others, but helps with threat issues.

A big part of frost is doing the priority properly, and it takes practice. Make sure you have something to know when KM is up, and follow the priority, and with practice you will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharsantra Moonwrath
    Except for when you are a belf (15 RP <3 ) you should really consider Chill of the Grave for the RP gain.
    Meh, not really. And 15RP every, what is it, 2 minutes? Hardly worth mentioning.
    CotG is pretty meh if you can manage your RP well, especially in high arp set ups.

10+ Year Old Account

iirc Blood caked Blade gives you more dps per point than black ice or killing machine. On the topic of power auras I have a few set up that I could link here if anyone wants em :3

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin
    Your calculations were wrong, blood caked blade is roughly a 1% dps increase per point and black ice is roughly 0.7%. And that's not factoring in fallen crusader proccing from blood caked blade so it's actually more. Drop three points from black ice to max out killing machine and chill of the grave.

Your meta gem isn't activated, use a nightmare tear for it. Your gear has almost no enchants and your professions are worthless, fix them. Use sigil of awareness as frost. Farm some heroics to get the badge neck and crafted bracers. Work on replacing your other pvp gear after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Your calculations were wrong, blood caked blade ice is roughly a 1% dps increase per point and black ice is roughly 0.7%. And that's not factoring in fallen crusader proccing from blood caked blade so it's actually more. Drop three points from black ice to max out killing machine and chill of the grave.

Your meta gem isn't activated, use a nightmare tear for it. Your gear has almost no enchants and your professions are worthless, fix them. Use sigil of awareness as frost. Farm some heroics to get the badge neck and crafted bracers. Work on replacing your other pvp gear after that.
    Pretty much what he/she said.
    Sort out the enchants etc
    There's no "rotation" for Frost DPS, it's more of a priority spec.
    Howling Blast if avaliable straight away, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Basically, my last guild leader was a wheel-chair bound Mexican who wanted to be Black, posted pictures of his dad claiming it was him, had the hots for his sister, created a fantasy in which his sister was his wife and that they had twin daughters together, and thought he was an FBI agent.

If you take the advice of the posters above and run CotG, I'd also reccomend taking a chance and trying out the Icy touch glpyh over the GoD. You don't have the best ZOMGAH ARPS GEAR so this will probably both ease your rotation and be a slight dps increase.

Also, I'm not totally sure what the rotation guide says that you've been reading, but be sure that when running full CotG and full KM that you place Frost Strikes + KM procs at the top. And just for the record, its a dps loss to use HB over a KM'd FS, letting your diseases fall off, or Obliterate.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

You really don't have the gear to support a GoD build.
    However, if you want to use GoD, forget the Priority. GoD uses a strict rotation. The only time you use a "priority" in a GoD rotation is during the couple free GCD's you have. You can not delay your Oblits to do a true priority like you would in a GoIT build.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

15+ Year Old Account

thanks all, i'll soon respec, and i'm rlly hinking of which rotation i will pick ty all