Poll: Which has more threat?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Seal of Vengence Vs Seal of Command for tanking

I see a good number of paladin tanks using Seal of Command, and was under the impression it wasn't that strong for threat. Playing my fresh 80 prot pally, I was wondering if I needed to respec to get Command.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaInsane View Post
    Gamon: Tell them only that Hogger is dead.

Re: Seal of Vengence Vs Seal of Command for tanking

You only use Seal of Command if there's more than one mob.

I think that seal of command is better for aoe threat, but I believe some people forget that seal of vengeance is refreshed/stacked with hammer of the righteous. So, seal of vengeance still does some AoE threat, just not as much as seal of command.

To be honest the only reason tanks use seal of Courrpton is becuase it gives a DoT that gives huge Single target threat + Rightous fury
    No beta club.....Yea i dont have a fancy pic of it.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenmen
    To be honest the only reason tanks use seal of Courrpton is becuase it gives a DoT that gives huge Single target threat + Rightous fury
    I use corruption too :P

Paladin tanks nowadays use SoCommand in heroics, throw on t10 2 piece, sword n shield, and then full ret gear it up. End result - 7k dps and heroic finished in 10 minutes tops. For longer aoe fights (Tanking ghouls and shambler on LK for example) you're better of with Seal of Corruption, because HoR spreading it will give more threat overall than Command will.

If you're doing Dreamwalker 10 man nowadays you're better off using command, because adds drop too fast for vengeance to properly stack anyway.

If you do see a pally using Command on a single target fight, stab them for me. Many times.

If the aoe pack you grabbed is going to die in less then 30 seconds (heroics), command is better, but if its some "serious" trash like in ICC, where it lasts a minute or so, you'll have 5 stacks of corruption up on each of them, thus passing command in threat.

Thanks for the info.
    Guess I'll be tweeking my spec
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaInsane View Post
    Gamon: Tell them only that Hogger is dead.

Go for SoComm with a slow DPS weapon for large packs that die fast and SoCorr for bossfights with a fast tanking weapon.
    I use a heroic frost giant's cleaver (gunship 10 man hc) and it trivializes threat on fights such as valithria and gunship (like that needed to be easier) a lot :P

Seal of command does sick cleave damage with a slow weapon.
    Use it for trash only. For bosses vengeance/corruption is superior, even if you can't stack it to 5.

10+ Year Old Account

A general rule is that if you have more than two targets and the fight is taking less than 30 seconds then you use SoC, otherwise stick with SoVeng/Corr
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Minimach
    If the aoe pack you grabbed is going to die in less then 30 seconds (heroics), command is better, but if its some "serious" trash like in ICC, where it lasts a minute or so, you'll have 5 stacks of corruption up on each of them, thus passing command in threat.
    This is my general rule of thumb.

for trash i use SoC and for single trash or bosses i use SoV
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account

Heroics boss or not Command is nearly always more effective, Trash in Icc Command definitely tops out over corruption for a number of reasons for Bosses LDW I've used Command a number of times when I'm catching adds on the sides. Lootship staying on the ship waiting for adds Command usually picks up adds much much faster. That is really about the only time Command is useful most other bosses corruption will top out for threat based reasons but honestly I would say you can maintain the required threat with Command just as easy threat is a complete joke today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Minimach
    To be precise you will pass Command on threat generation after 30secs , can't say about threat overall since i haven't tried it. But to be honest i don't see a pala tank having any trouble with aggro on trash (because it's trash we're talkiing about , or random heroics where everything is down in 10secs).

And command hit up to 2 additional targets , can someone verify if there's a command proc from HoR ? (or 4 procs , /drool?) If so then thret generation might be better than Vegeance for fight longer than 30sec-1min.
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, writing the comment your could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.