I really dislike the paladin elekk. I love my regular elekks, especially the great red from the AT. But the paladin one is just...a let down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I really dislike the paladin elekk. I love my regular elekks, especially the great red from the AT. But the paladin one is just...a let down.
    Well, I'm keeping my wait and see attitude, but I REALLY hope that we get to keep the "old" chargers.. Then again, if that is the case, the humans, dwarves and blood elves will have to get some extra two mounts for their paladins... And that would probably be too much work.
    I guess the exchange system - like there is for "old school" mounts - will take place in this case as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Creed86 View Post
    Never quite understood people playing humans. Isn't the point of a fantasy game to be something else not something you are irl, then again you dont exactly encounter dragons irl either unless you count my sister.

I love the draenei. I knew exactly what I wanted to roll when Burning Crusade came out -- a draenei warrior. She is still my favorite character to this day. But I always make sure to get Stormwind rep for a horse because the elekk is just too big for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    I guess the exchange system - like there is for "old school" mounts - will take place in this case as well?
    Probably not. Back then, mounts were still kept as items in your bag. Now they are practically invisible.

Some more posing.. =p

my baby <3

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I would like it more if it had more gold. Right now it doesn't look very regal or civilized. I always think of those two things when I think of a traditional paladin.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    I would like it more if it had more gold. Right now it doesn't look very regal or civilized. I always think of those two things when I think of a traditional paladin.
    yep, that might help making the paladin elekk more uhm..paladin like.
    but i don't like the elekks either way, they are just to big and fat imo^^

10+ Year Old Account

My little dk =)

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    yep, that might help making the paladin elekk more uhm..paladin like.
    but i don't like the elekks either way, they are just to big and fat imo^^
    Ah, I thought I might be the only one in this thread. I personally hate elekks. I love being a female draenei, but elekks are such a bad mount. When I was in my mid-40s (back when you got your first mount at level 40), I grinded reputation with Stormwind so I could buy a horse and stop using an elekk. It was worth it.
    The only elekk that I think looks halfway decent is the Black War Elekk. I like the color scheme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Ah, I thought I might be the only one in this thread. I personally hate elekks. I love being a female draenei, but elekks are such a bad mount. When I was in my mid-40s (back when you got your first mount at level 40), I grinded reputation with Stormwind so I could buy a horse and stop using an elekk. It was worth it.
    The only elekk that I think looks halfway decent is the Black War Elekk. I like the color scheme.
    I really don't like the Elekk's either, usually I grind rep with either Darn or Stormwind so I don't have to use the Elekk, none of my Draenei with epic land mounts have the Elekk. So I'm really not looking forward to the idea of loosing my Charger for a Elekk, I hope that since I've already got the Charger they will let me keep it. I've also done the quest chain for the Charger, so I should keep it...

+ Female Human Warlock - Affliction

10+ Year Old Account
    Elekks look better with humans. My human pally has an elekk. Interesting story though (not actually interesting, mostly talking to myself) at one time I had a female draenei pally and a male human dk. I then went horde and made them a female BE pally and a female BE dk. then i went alliance again and made them a male human pally and a female draenei dk. not sure why I swapped them but I'm quite happy with it.

i missed this thread. draenei rogue plx.

I for one appreciate the /waggle.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    too bad Draenei paladins arent traditional paladins, they are Vindicators! the only reason i believe why they are getting an own version of the paladin mount

Yeah I made it a point to get Darnassus rep asap,
    so I could get a different mount
    I've always went for the kitteh mounts though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I really don't like the Elekk's either, usually I grind rep with either Darn or Stormwind so I don't have to use the Elekk, none of my Draenei with epic land mounts have the Elekk. So I'm really not looking forward to the idea of loosing my Charger for a Elekk, I hope that since I've already got the Charger they will let me keep it. I've also done the quest chain for the Charger, so I should keep it...
    Same here regarding all of the above (although two of my draenei are currently riding elekks). I won't miss the warhorse on my tankadin, but that's because he looks too big for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartowag View Post
    too bad Draenei paladins arent traditional paladins, they are Vindicators!
    Hey, now. Based on the timeline, the question isn't whether or not vindicators are real paladins; it's whether or not the Silver Hand are real vindicators.

too bad Draenei paladins arent traditional paladins, they are Vindicators! the only reason i believe why they are getting an own version of the paladin mount
    From a technical point of view in the Warcraft DnD and DnD Core, vindicators are a prestige class that requires you to have a few levels in either paladin or cleric classes.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

10+ Year Old Account
    actually the real reason for draenei becoming an elekk charger is obviously that tauren get their kodo charger. a tauren on a horse would look stupid, so they have to get a new paladin mount. and as we all know, blizzard couldn't do anything like this without giving the other fraction a new one as well. so the "big" alliance race gets a new mount too.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    Hey, now. Based on the timeline, the question isn't whether or not vindicators are real paladins; it's whether or not the Silver Hand are real vindicators.
    he may have a could point there though: paladins and vindicators aren't necessarily the same (lore wise).
    both are "warriors of the light", fighters who know to fight with their bodies as well as with the powers of the light, using it to strengthen and heal them (and their allies) and to damage their enemies.
    however, while most of the vindicators get their training right from the beginning, the silver hand was originally a union of priests and warriors who told each other their ways to fight. so most (silver hand) paladins were great warriors, who then learned how to call upon the powers of the light.

so, as both paladins and vindicators have been trained before the two races even met, i don't think you can call one of them the "true" ones. they are just not exactly the same.
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-07-09 at 09:01 AM.