Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Civil War breaks the factions, how would they re-group?

Okay you've heard a lot tension political intrigue and downright civil uprising occuring in both factions after the cataclysm, not to mention outright war, there is is something up with every race, and leaders etc. Should the factions break up, how would the races coalesce together again?

You are allowed any number of factions, they don't have to be of the same number of races either - remember that in-game some races are far more numerous than others. The new factions don't all have to be bound by race either, instead they could be bound by ideals like the Light , the shadow or the Spirits etc, which would throw some classes of any race into a faction. It could be combination of both. You decide.. these are the races you are allowed to choose from, and there can be independent faction. However there must be factions.

Races to choose from.
    Human
    Orc
    Night Elf
    Forsaken
    High Elf
    Ironforge Dwarf
    Tauren
    Taunka
    Wildhammer Dwarf
    Grimtotem Tauren
    Blood Elf
    Dark Iron Dwarf
    Forsaken Elf/Darkfallen
    Darkspear Jungle Troll
    Raventusk Forest Troll
    Winterfang Ice Troll
    Draenei
    Broken
    Ogre
    Furbolg
    Nascene Naga
    Bilgewater Goblin
    Gilgoblin
    Worgen
    Vry'kul
    Cenarion [sons & daughters/dryads&Keepers]
    Steamwheedle Goblin
    Ebon Blade
    Dragonmaw Fel Orcs
    Netherstorm Fel Elves

Concepts:
    Light, Shadow, Earthmother, Spirits, Nature

You don't have to use all the races but give a brief reason for the faction composition.

Re: Civil war breaks the factions, how would they re-group?

tl;dr

but alliance would consist of Human-Dwarves-Gnomes

and that's all that really matters because some 12 year olds are about to say something different and false

"hey everybody here's my thoughts and i'm gonna insult and belittle everyone in the room before i even hear what they have to say because that makes me look edgy and cool"
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Honestly it all depends on the rulers at the time of the breakup and interracial relations. for now the BE and Forsaken would be allied but perhaps certain acts by the Orcs in the interests of the BE makes them become closer with the Orcs.

Iron man gets Steve Rogers killed, everyone hates him. Stupid drunk robot.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

The only way the horde can better themselves is if they kick out belves and get ogres.

you listed the forsaken twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    Iron man gets Steve Rogers killed, everyone hates him. Stupid drunk robot.
    I like Marvel. What I don't like are snails, some people eat snails. That's disgusting.

I've posted this elsewhere, but!

There would be three factions after the fracturing of the Horde and Alliance: Titans, Old Gods, The Burning Legion.

You would have all the races/classes currently available in-game, and perhaps 2-4 new ones depending on where they take the lore.

Each character can choose ONE faction through which a series of [phased] quest-chains will gain them access to each faction's particular gear, items, quests, titles, reputation, etc.

Switching factions will be available in the same way switching factions is available today: pay up.
    World-Shaper
    Lore Master
    Universe Creator

At your service.

Re: Civil War breaks the factions, how would they re-group?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmoon
    Okay you've heard a lot tension political intrigue and downright civil uprising occuring in both factions after the cataclysm, not to mention outright war, there is is something up with every race, and leaders etc. Should the factions break up, how would the races coalesce together again?

You are allowed any number of factions, they don't have to be of the same number of races either - remember that in-game some races are far more numerous than others. The new factions don't all have to be bound by race either, instead they could be bound by ideals like the Light , the shadow or the Spirits etc, which would throw some classes of any race into a faction. It could be combination of both. You decide.. these are the races you are allowed to choose from, and there can be independent faction. However there must be factions.

Races to choose from.
    Human
    Orc
    Night Elf
    Forsaken
    High Elf
    Ironforge Dwarf
    Tauren
    Taunka
    Wildhammer Dwarf
    Grimtotem Tauren
    Blood Elf
    Dark Iron Dwarf
    Forsaken Elf/Darkfallen
    Darkspear Jungle Troll
    Raventusk Forest Troll
    Winterfang Ice Troll

Draenei
    Broken
    Ogre
    Furbolg
    Nascene Naga
    Bilgewater Goblin
    Gilgoblin
    Worgen
    Vry'kul
    Steamwheedle Goblin
    Ebon Blade
    Dragonmaw Fel Orcs
    Netherstorm Fel Elves

Concepts:
    Light, Shadow, Earthmother, Spirits, Nature

You don't have to use all the races but give a brief reason for the faction composition.
    brown for trolls united, TU, black for join burning legion evil team BLET, and red for Humanoid Guys Of Similar Looks and Mindset HGoSLaM!

everyone else...dies or something. : already bored of inventing factions
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I hate the idea of those 'concept' factions...but if they were to break up, as much as it would break the game form the Horde I think it would go...

Troll's split off from Garrosh's war fueled rampage with a smaller sect of shamanistic Orcs joining.

Sylvannas and the Forsaken are already being suppressed because of the events at the Wrathgate and could break off because of that, also Sylvannas would much favor strategy over Garrosh's view of brute force.

With Tauren I was see Magatha either poisoning Cairne or him leaving to help Thrall in whatever he's doing and his son Bayne being thrust into the spotlight. Magatha is definitely the type to take advantage of that and try to control Bayne as a figurehead, and most likely agreeing with Garrosh.

Blood elves...I think Blizzard forgot to give them politics after the Burning Crusade, I guess they might join whatever resistance is out there or they're just join whoever is stronger.

tl;dr
    Trolls, Forsaken and maybe Bloodelves vs Orcs, Tauren and possibly Goblins
    I do not think they would ever break up, this is just a 'what if' post.

Exactly like this is how they will be grouped

Horde:

Orc
    Troll
    Tauren
    Forsaken
    Blood Elf

Alliance:

Human
    Gnome
    Dwarf
    Night Elf
    Draenei

Anything else is wrong.

Both factions? Might have missed smth, but havent seen any signs of civil unrest/war in the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold
    Both factions? Might have missed smth, but havent seen any signs of civil unrest/war in the Alliance.
    I don't think there is as much either but an arguement could be made for some smaller things...like the power struggle between Fandral and Tyrande plus the apparent return of Malfurion.

Dwarves also could have a problem with Magni's daughter carrying the child of the king of the Dark Iron dwarves.

and we haven't seen as much of a resistance to Varian's rule besides Jaina telling him to take a chill pill every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Draykian
    I don't think there is as much either but an arguement could be made for some smaller things...like the power struggle between Fandral and Tyrande plus the apparent return of Malfurion.

Dwarves also could have a problem with Magni's daughter carrying the child of the king of the Dark Iron dwarves.

and we haven't seen as much of a resistance to Varian's rule besides Jaina telling him to take a chill pill every now and then.
    In cataclysm, there is no Fandral(i think). He was killed in the book Stormrage so im guessing they'll make that jump.

Edit: And the dwarves? Cmon thats been an arguement for 5 years and theres no signs either of that coming to pass is there?

The most apparent signs are in the horde period.

In cataclysm, there is no Fandral(i think). He was killed in the book Stormrage so im guessing they'll make that jump.

Edit: And the dwarves? Cmon thats been an arguement for 5 years and theres no signs either of that coming to pass is there?

He wasn't killed, he's been shoved in prison, he went pretty much insane after losing his son again. Oh, plus he was poisoning Malf! (wasn't actually his son though)

There was some speculation that everyone was getting pissed at Varian. The humans think he's stupid and caused Deathwing's return and the dwarves and gnome are mad because he's getting involved in their politics. And Genn thinks he's acting like and orc. That's what the speculation is anyway.

In the interest of "What If", here's some ideas...

Nature Faction (somebody has to look after the planet):
    Tauren
    Taunka
    Night Elf
    Furbolg

Alliance Remnants (respekt mah CHIN):
    Human
    High Elf
    Worgen

Horde Remnants (I need some friends):
    Orc
    Ogre
    Dragonmaw Fel Orcs
    Netherstorm Fel Elves
    Grimtotem Tauren

To hell with you all faction:
    Forsaken
    Blood Elf
    Forsaken Elf/Darkfallen
    Nascene Naga (Nascene?) - reforging Vashj's friendship with Kael

Dwarven Faction (aka The Drinking Club):
    Ironforge Dwarf
    Wildhammer Dwarf
    Dark Iron Dwarf

Hai Gaiz! Let's remake our Empire faction:
    Darkspear Jungle Troll
    Raventusk Forest Troll
    Winterfang Ice Troll
    Amani Trolls

We'll Form our own Club Faction:
    Draenei
    Broken

Engineering / Mercantile Faction:
    Bilgewater Goblin
    Gilgoblin
    Steamwheedle Goblin
    Gnomes (tired of being the butt of everyone's jokes)

Ancient Save us from these Idiots Faction:

What About Us Faction:
    Ebon Blade
    Vry'kul
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Sometimes faction pride goes beyond rational lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    No no this is Warcraft, not Lovecraft, I know it's confusing with both of them having old gods, but they're different.
    Knarg: "Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?"

I thought so but I wasn't sure because I haven't read the book :P

Cataclysm is a perfect chance for that to move forward though, either have the baby or not Bonnie Moira!

10+ Year Old Account

horde in cataclysm(goblins and dragonmaw clan)

BUT remove blood elves and insert ogres