Poll: From a PvP perspective, do you think that rets are underpowered/lacking something?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Retribution in PvP? Underpowered?

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez
    yea HoF, DS, 10000 second stuns, faceroll

totally underpowered
    Troll tbh. Faceroll? you probs just crap at ret bro
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian
    This is coming form the MSing, disarming, interrupting, gap closing, non DR inducing stunning, spammable snaring, fearing, cleaving, intervening...oh right. Sorry, go on?
    - Intimidating shout breaks if someone farts in your direction.
    - Noone uses cleave in pvp.
    - Intervene is a great ability, yay.
    - MS is also shared by several other classes. Hello Aimed shot.
    - I have an interrupt on a 10/12 second CD, the shorter which requires me to be in berserker stance. Obviousy they have a shared cd.
    - Wow, I can spam hamstring. Too bad that'll eat up all my rage and leave me autoattacking so I can spam it more. Unless I'm being focus fired by a dps, in which case I have to swap to my shield for shield wall so I won't die after a few seconds.
    - I can disarm, yay. Funny though how it only removes the mainhand and ranged while those nifty rogues get remove everything. Can't have everything though.
    - Gap closing, well, can't argue with that. Unfortuneately it'll end up like This comic (link)
    - Non DR stuns? What are you talking about now?
    Fuge Haggot.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn
    I know there are gonna be some retarded asshats whove never played a ret paladin who are gonna try and flame me here, because obviously THEIR class isnt OP in some form or way?

But in any case, my vote is that ret is MISSING somthing that other classes do have. Now I will admit, ret pvp has its advantages over certain classes and are high in burst, but the main reason WHY they are like that is because blizzard has not found a proper way to balance the paladin's core defensive and specced offensive utility.

In fact, many can argue that the 30 second CD between Avenging Wrath and Bubble is a hinderance on ret pvp. Its like asking yourself "Do you wanna die because everyone sees you popped wings and left yourself open, therefore making you target #1? or do you wanna bubble in a hot situation, making u do hardly enough dmg to ppl in full pvp gear, and letting them just wait to kill you?" I'm not saying that bubble isnt a kind of get out of jail free card, but it is the classes signiature ability, and therefore had to have some diversity in power against other classes.

What I really am concerned about for ret's, (and I'm talking about the ones who are full ret and use 2h, not those Prot/ret pansies who cant play their class like it should be and survive without Ardent Defender :) is that they have no form of MS effect like most Melee and ranged dps, which makes them unable to kill pvp geared healers at all without some form of outside assistance. and that they have no closer like other melee dps does, warriors have their charge (now two if you count Juggernaut) and a DK's death grip/Chains of Ice. Without at least ONE of those utilities, ret pvp is at a severe disadvantage when it comes to counterbalancing ranged opponents and casters with their utility belts of CC's and snares.

Now I know that some of you trolls out there are just gonna love trying to pick out my post because your gonna say "Lol you dont even play arena srsly", and youre right, I dont... do you know WHY? It's because ret pvp does not have a good enough pvp mechanic to truely be effective in any Arena comp other than 5v5. Just look at the charts of top arena teams. I bet you the percentage of Full rets are very limited and low in the 2v2 and 3v3 brackets, and i bet the majority of healers in those positions are paladin instead. "If you can't play ret, then go holy pvp" you say? well I for one am not gonna be pushed around by FoTM dumbshits telling me how to play my class 'properly' and be a healbotting bitch for them. TBH, I dont like healing, i prefer to dps the fuck outa my enemies in PvP, but at this point in time, i cannot do so effectively in Arena because there ARE some issue with my spec's pvp balancing.

Thats my rant, and theres my two Gold.
    this
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Ret sux...go Protribution and breath easier

15+ Year Old Account

This post has proven that much of the forums consists of bad rets who don't know their class.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Rets are fine, not over or underpowered. The game is not balanced around 1v1 situations. Rets have good synergy with other classes, ret rogue priest for example is a very powerful setup. That's not to say they will dominate, every setup has it's counters, but it isn't underpowered either. 1v1, yeah they're wank.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill
    This post has proven that much of the forums consists of bad players who don't know their class.
    fixed

Rets are fine, not over or underpowered. The game is not balanced around 1v1 situations. Rets have good synergy with other classes, ret rogue priest for example is a very powerful setup. That's not to say they will dominate, every setup has it's counters, but it isn't underpowered either. 1v1, yeah they're wank
    We have good synergy because everyone else has all the tools we need in order to do our job. We're an offensive spec, not some buff bot there to keep you moving. While that plays a role, if that's our only role, something is horribly wrong. Just look at a ret pld and tell me that's what he should do, sit behind someone and buff them. No thanks, i'd rather do my job and take the fight to someone without having to handicap my partner by making them "put the ball on the tee" as it were by setting up my target. Helping me do that is one thing, doing it for me is completely different, asinine, wrong, and what we are currently left with

Ret just need a snare that's it. I fixed ret pvp in that sentance...rets have best burst as a melee it's even with arms pvp, good self heals survivability, rets just have bad control sense there burst and defense is really good tho they only need a snare then Ret will be good

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

They need a brogrip.

Nuff said.

Giving them another button to faceroll.
    Best question on a guild application.
    "Can you move out of fire?" Yes [X] No [ ]
    This is a follow up question to the question above : ORLY?
    "Why be nuetral, when you can pick a side."
    80 Human Fury Warrior -Retired
    80 Troll Marksman Hunter
    80 BE Retribution Paladin
    39 Troll Rogue
    28 Undead Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Tferr
    - Intimidating shout breaks if someone farts in your direction.
    - Noone uses cleave in pvp.
    - Intervene is a great ability, yay.
    - MS is also shared by several other classes. Hello Aimed shot.
    - I have an interrupt on a 10/12 second CD, the shorter which requires me to be in berserker stance. Obviousy they have a shared cd.
    - Wow, I can spam hamstring. Too bad that'll eat up all my rage and leave me autoattacking so I can spam it more. Unless I'm being focus fired by a dps, in which case I have to swap to my shield for shield wall so I won't die after a few seconds.
    - I can disarm, yay. Funny though how it only removes the mainhand and ranged while those nifty rogues get remove everything. Can't have everything though.
    - Gap closing, well, can't argue with that. Unfortuneately it'll end up like This comic (link)
    - Non DR stuns? What are you talking about now?
    then you dont mind me reminding you of the most awesome overpower ability that happens to be able to interrupt too? some of the worlds most skilled warrior players utilze this in breathtaking manners.

if you compare the feeling of playing a ret to a warrior its "meh. BAM. meh. BAM. meh" vs "swoosch chip BAM swoosch BAM". what sounds cooler?

So many misinformed people trying to sound like they know what's going on. Specially when they use examples of how they got wrecked by 1200 bracket teams.
    Rets are not OP. They are not gimp. The can play a vital burst roll while performing an excellent support role. Their dps rotation isn't hard, but what they do between cooldowns is what distinguishes a bad ret from a good retadin. Their downfall is their reliance on synergy.

tl:dr Rets are far from OP, and aren't very well represented this season. Their supportive role is their biggest asset and downfall.

Retribution seems underpowered to me, and I play a holy priest! No mortal strike, no interrupt, no purge, no mana burn, dispeleable "harmstring", short CC... Retribution is the only DPS spec I can run away from with no effort. They usually wast Hammer of Justice at the beggining, so after that I can cast healing spells with no problem, even I can channel an entire Divine Hymn.

In Cataclysm every healer will have dispel magic, and probably their problems against healers will increase.

Anything healer, makes ret useless . go go protribution.
    If they remove the crit reduction chance (they are in cata) ret is "decent" Ret's main power is critting and because it is its bread and butter ret becomes very weak against high resil targets.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Exileos
    Oh, and that rets are not allowed to get any better weapons then Tyrannical Beheader.
    :-[

rets arent overpowered in the top 100 arena teams i bet 1 maybe 2 rets in there they got nerfed to hell and get to 2600 with a ret not so easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousPeter
    I am a level 80 Dwarf Hunter i have been playing till vanilla wow . well i started playing a warrior till burning crusade at the start of Wotlk i re roll a hunter and from that day hunter's have become my favorite class. I have been visiting the site for some time but never actually join the forums. A friend of mine who is already in this forum has made me register =) its look fun.
    [quote="Kitingisfun"]
    Hallo huter . good is 2 now ther is hunter woh playd till vanilla . i haved warr 2 but i was bored lol . i aso reed alot moore much forums but i writ so dab enlish i caus breein dmg to peoplol i beter just reed an wathcs i no writ poin

fuck paladins. all three trees are op, ret being the least op of them all

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman
    Ret is still doing too much damage while maintaining a lot of defensive cooldowns, I mean, I was playing against Ret/DK in 2s one day In the 1500s bracket, on my 1400 resi ele shaman, it seemed like ret just stomped on my hoof and took 50% of my hp. Talk about CC there? Not gonna happen, he had hand of sacrifice, my mage popped images and elemental which were nuking the DK, who just popped AMS. Yeah, I dropped in like 5 seconds, while stunned/silenced, which means 30% less damage for ele, plus I had Gift of the Naaru + stoneclaw totem + herbalism thingy + battlemaster trinket on me, because I managed to pop them all before the stun. This means they had to go through like 50k+ damage, and they still had no problems doing it.

So IMO, ret has too much synergy with other classes, but while left alone, it's about the worst dps class/spec atm, only good at destroying melee. By worst I don't mean it's just unplayable, but it's lacking something, maybe an interrupt like Wind Shear, but with either GCD or like 30 sec cooldown.
    Fixed
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korgath&n=Luminant

the problem isent that paladins are insomeway underpowerd.. their dmg is INSANE (my 1400+resi shamans been killd alot of times by palas with less gear in ONE stun.. same as my 1300+ resi warlock)

did some arena with a ret to boost him to 1400 as lock-pala.. he always ended up doing more dmg then me eventho he's a clicker and a keyboard turner (worste case senario pvp'r)

the problem isent the class.. the problem is the players playin em =)

God I really hope you are trolling... Retribution does less dmg than rogues, warriors and hunters all of which has ms... The only thing that would allow for a retribution paladin to do more dmg than lets say his rogue partner would be if your partner stands ontop of you so divine storm hits him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Trival
    God I really hope you are trolling... Retribution does less dmg than rogues, warriors and hunters all of which has ms... The only thing that would allow for a retribution paladin to do more dmg than lets say his rogue partner would be if your partner stands ontop of you so divine storm hits him to.
    umm... no. it might just seem like those classes do more damage because its harder on the healers but really paladins hit the hardest no doubt