Thread: Broken Classes

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Broken Classes

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470
    because if there getting healed, im getting hit by the people that theyre healing, therefore dont last 2 seconds with something like a warr lolstorming me =]
    If you don't last 2 seconds then, you wouldn't last 2 seconds if he didn't have a healer, and thus you would have the same damage out.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog74
    As a shaman, Purge has become my best friend in BG's now. Especially lately with everybody going hot/shield crazy. I focus purge a tree or disc priest and that guy dies moments later. I end up doing very little damage and getting very few Killing Blows, but HK's get racked up when my teammates are at least semi-conscious during the battle.
    Purge has ALWAYS been a shamans best friend in PvP

NEW AND ORIGINAL.

Also, you should be more specific with your cryfest. When you say Paladins are broke, people think "HAH, he is an idiot, Holy is great for PvP". Thankfully we read your whole post, and we came to realize how smart you were.

Quote Originally Posted by thetaurenrogue
    Get 1h and shield spec prot/ret in full pvp and dps gear and solo healers with ease.
    I'm sure, lol. Healers with 1k healing and 11k life.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Thomgan
    Rofl irl!

10+ Year Old Account

i respecced my prot to ret prot and i can honestly say with quick thinking, ive downed a few more healers, the only thing i dont understand is why take ardent defender and why do i get oom so mucj =], if your in all pvp gear bar a shield and 1h wep, its pretty useless unless its just me reading bad info about it.

also woft, it was a general overview, i didnt mean i die in literally 2 seconds, i meant it as to say, " i get downed before i can do major damage to the healer, if your focused on someone, im pretty sure that sneeky warrior can losltorm you in the ass while your killing his healer, and itd be pointless to turn around and hit him cause the healers there.

Quote Originally Posted by Doxshund
    boomkin
    Yes! and soon to be Shroomkin!
    [CENTER]

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470
    i respecced my prot to ret prot and i can honestly say with quick thinking, ive downed a few more healers, the only thing i dont understand is why take ardent defender and why do i get oom so mucj =], if your in all pvp gear bar a shield and 1h wep, its pretty useless unless its just me reading bad info about it.

also woft, it was a general overview, i didnt mean i die in literally 2 seconds, i meant it as to say, " i get downed before i can do major damage to the healer, if your focused on someone, im pretty sure that sneeky warrior can losltorm you in the ass while your killing his healer, and itd be pointless to turn around and hit him cause the healers there.
    You go oom because unlike when you're tanking bosses as prot, you're not getting mana back from attunement. In Protret, you need to keep plea up and maintaine it. Protrets hit as hard as pure Ret pallies but have shorter cd on stun as well as a silence/snare.

My comment was general as well. The presence of the healer does not reduce your damage done, in fact, if instead of a healer it was a dps, your damage done would be lower than if it were a dps and a healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

15+ Year Old Account

rofl

At the moment I have to say ret pallies.

No interrupt.

Rely on crits for their burst (Resi change caused less crits, thus we got nerfed)

I think rets are quite broken. Blizz attempted to fix them in WotLK, but failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I totally stole that post from Dinnerbone btw.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Haruno
    wow never heard this before.....
    same
    Insert Signiture here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry
    PALADIN......BROKEN?

Right im gona call trolling or a realy bad player.
    ret pvp is broken dude, but imo they only need a snare and that fixes everything

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhusk
    ret pvp is broken dude, but imo they only need a snare and that fixes everything
    having a snare + judgement of justice would be far far to OP to implement an unshiftable snare would mean ret teams auto win v Druids and shams

Ret Paladins broken? They can fill a better role than Enh Shamans and more.

In Blizzards eyes

Paladins and Shamans are the same. Retribution is defensive whereas Enhancement is offensive, but somehow, Ret Pallys out DPS us AND outsurvive us? And you call THEM broken? Shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Memories
    Paladins broken? What is this, i don't even...
    icwutudidthar ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    the people who generally call me a troll DONT play a paladin and get butthurt when theyre mentioned, people seem to remember that one time paladins were OP, the following patch we became the same, as classes have gotten better over the expansion, paladins have gotten worse.
    The reason pallies got weaker is because they were so out of tune at release that Blizz had to fix it with nerfs. Also, Death Knights would like a word with you on the subject of 'getting better'.

Anyone else reminded of the saying...Nerf rock, paper is fine. ~ scissors?

Ontopic. So you don't have a full set of tools that can kill/shut down every other opponent in the game, who cares. Move on with the QQ please.

Just a point, those healer druids you're talking about complain just as much about Ret as you do, except on the basis that they can't get away. Being a PvP healer you require protection, the ability to run away, or another method of surviving. Druids generally are great at running away, negating snares and such till they eventually get out of there. Ret is the only class/spec that I've heard they have trouble with, unable to even move having to devote 100% of their attention to healing to survive (which for all intensive purposes means they're already dead) and even then, their tiny mana pool drains fast. Its most likely they're only surviving because their friend smacks you in the back. If you had someone with you to CC him and help DPS the healer down, or just heal you, you'd take them down. But then you wouldn't have any Killing Blows... Killing Blows are the biggest joke, it's just an excuse for people, usually casters, to throw in an instant at the last minute to make themselves feel special. They don't represent anything other than 1 you hit fast or 2 you're a ninja. If there is more than one person on a guy it's anyones guess as to who gets it. Either way if you're dealing 302k or whatever, even if you die before you kill them, if there isn't a healer stood next to them or around the next corner they're going to die the second one of your allies see them. So you did kill him, but your back-up was late. Ret in PvP ends up being the thing everyone hates, even Ret. You have a massive toolkit, but you don't have the DPS. If you did have the DPS no one would play anything other than Ret, because Ret have a solution to everything and heals and survivability. Everyone wants it all, the whole point about balance is that no one has it all. There are classes out there with specs that don't even show up in PvP without people laughing at them, Ret isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrsky View Post
    Ret Paladins broken? They can fill a better role than Enh Shamans and more.

In Blizzards eyes

Paladins and Shamans are the same. Retribution is defensive whereas Enhancement is offensive, but somehow, Ret Pallys out DPS us AND outsurvive us? And you call THEM broken? Shameful.
    And Enhancement were originally designed to tank too.