Rune of Lichbane vs Rune of Razorice

Regards frost dual wield.

As the title says, regarding ICC where everything bar gunship is undead, would it be better to have that extra 4% dmg against everything or to have the usual razorice damage?
    Anyone tried it? tested it? thoughts? opinions? cakes?

Re: Rune of Lichbane vs Rune of Razorice

Noone uses razorice for the 2% damage proc, it does absolutely pathetic damage because it doesn't scale with attack power. It's used for the debuff.

Sure lichbane hits twice as hard but the damage is still pathetic and it lacks a useful debuff.

well my thoughts were, 4% extra damage, lets say you do 10k, that's and extra 400dps right out the bat. Which actually doesn't sound that great now I see it written.

Bothers me and always has that there are so many runes to use and yet we only really use 4 of them across the specs.

Deleted

The reason for Racorize is that the debuff increases Frost dmg done to that target by 2% per stack. And it stacks up to 5 times. So basically you're getting 10% frost dmg on the target. How is that NOT good?`

And the 2/4% extra dmg only applies to the white-hits of that specific weapon anyways. Its not 4% of ALL the dmg you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Conno
    well my thoughts were, 4% extra damage, lets say you do 10k, that's and extra 400dps right out the bat. Which actually doesn't sound that great now I see it written.
    It doesn't work that way though. It only procs from the weapon that it's on and the damage is based on your main hand weapon. What I mean by that is that if you have a weapon with a damage range of 374-695 lichbane will hit for 14.96-27.8 before talents, the damage doesn't scale with attack power.

To put the utter insignificance of the damage proc from razorice into perspective, I did 2621998 damage to saurfang last week and razorice did less than 4k damage over the entire fight. However the 10% frost damage debuff gave me an extra 60k.

Off topic here, but I think its required
    Quote Originally Posted by Talandra
    Darkness is my weapon, light my enemy.
    Cold is my mentality, fire my nemesis.
    Blood is my presence, undeath my state.
    Unholy is my calling, life I consume.
    I am a Death Knight, the nemesis of life.
    I wield the darkness, I wield the ice, I wield the power of blood.
    And I will use it all, to kill you.
    You know how I know you're gay? You've got a signature like that

Don't we all love homophobics?
    14 day ban.

So besides the stuff coming in between:

Valid question. However Lichbane only procs from white damage so it will not stack up against Razorice as Frost, in any other dps spec you will want Fallen Crusader. But none the less a valid and worthwhile question to ask the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Conno

Bothers me and always has that there are so many runes to use and yet we only really use 4 of them across the specs.
    Shiira nailed it right on the head.
    Don't let the plethora of runes distract you. It's the same with enchants, gems, and everything else. Blizz likes to give us a lot of choices, but since they all can't be equally good, we use the optimal ones and ignore the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

I know in cataclysm they're buffing these kind of enchants to make it worthwhile to use an elemental slayer rune for raids involving the earth, fire and water planes, It's always a bonus for us that it costs nothing to change enchants.

Still, I may give a few trials to other enchants, i've been playing with the status quo for such a while now that variety may just yield rewards.

I did indeed misread the tooltip on lichbane, it does indeed only increase 4% of white swings and even with melee dmg being the largest chunk of dmg output it doesn't quite match up to Razorice. Still.. the thought processes are whirling away.

Razorice. Now that it has a 100% uptime (refreshed each hit), it's even more desirable.