Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cataclysm Ammo and Thrown Weapons

Ok, I recall somewhere that Ammo was going to vanish, or become this kind of infinite item. But am not sure if this was planned for Cataclysm.

But if so, would it also be interesting if they did this for Thrown weapons too? I could imagine for example Troll Hunters who'd love to use thrown weapons in stead of bows or guns.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Re: Cataclysm Ammo and Thrown Weapons

Yes, ammo will become infinite in Cata. And thrown was infinite to begin with. :P

Actually, the ammo for Thrown at the moment is it's durability. It'll not disappear as it used to do, but still the average 200 durability is all that keeps it from being usable for hunters.

Deleted

Cataclysm Class Preview: Hunter

A major change coming for the hunter is the removal of ammunition. Guns, bows, and crossbows will now do damage without consuming ammunition at all. There will be no more ammo slot on the hunter’s character display. Any ammunition that a hunter has at the time of the change will become gray sellable items. Existing quivers will be converted into large bags -- though each hunter can only have one and non-hunters will not benefit from this change -- and we will not be making any additional quivers.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Hunter

And the throwing weapon idea is a WIN!

Go take a look at current thrown weapons.

Really, go and do it, because you obviously have not.

Besides, auto shot doesn't work with thrown weapons, and i'm not sure if any other hunter abilities do.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by huth
    Besides, auto shot doesn't work with thrown weapons, and i'm not sure if any other hunter abilities do.
    And his proposal is they start working cuz trolls throwing spears is badass.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet
    And his proposal is they start working cuz trolls throwing spears is badass.
    throwing axes are cooler imo, WC2 berserkers FTW!!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bajerman
    throwing axes are cooler imo, WC2 berserkers FTW!!
    And WC3 Kodo riders! Riding a kodo tossing axes and using the same axes to bang your drums :P? Quite cool imo!

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep
    Actually, the ammo for Thrown at the moment is it's durability. It'll not disappear as it used to do, but still the average 200 durability is all that keeps it from being usable for hunters.
    Current throwing weapons have no durability to speak of, and no hunter abilities work with throwing weapons anyways, so limited quantity has nothing to do with it. Of course, it would be very cool if hunter abilities did work with them, but hey. Never stopped me from raising throwing weapons to 400 just for luls.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak
    Yes, ammo will become infinite in Cata. And thrown was infinite to begin with. :P
    Throughout the entire length of Classic thrown weapons functioned just like ammo.. it was really awkward and sucked giant balls.

Obviously since sometime in BC it's been durability based, but man did that suck.

10+ Year Old Account

that was pretty sick too, i hope they can remove thrown weaps durability and change on of the specs to be thrown weap friendly, maybe big slow damage to parallel the fast small damage that ranged have like 2 1hand furys vs titan grip furys

Quote Originally Posted by Bajerman
    that was pretty sick too, i hope they can remove thrown weaps durability and change on of the specs to be thrown weap friendly, maybe big slow damage to parallel the fast small damage that ranged have like 2 1hand furys vs titan grip furys
    Go and look at a throwing weapon. They have no durability.

In Cataclysm hunters can forget about arrows and bullets. You have now learned how to shoot air!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Go and look at a throwing weapon. They have no durability.
    i guess not then, i havent used one since bc lol. well that means they only have to change a spec to accept thrown (survival or bm would be best imo)

15+ Year Old Account

I was under the impression that the ammo will be unlimited in cata

i don't think they will, but i do suspect more thrown weapons, as fan of knives will require them in cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue
    i don't think they will, but i do suspect more thrown weapons, as fan of knives will require them in cataclysm.
    What is your stance on that change?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    I was under the impression that the ammo will be unlimited in cata
    I think they may have said this at one time, but more recently they have said it is just going away completely.
    I for one thought it would be cool to have elemental arrows that you can equip, they just don't have a number on them.

Gonna go fight Rag, gotta go run this dungeon to find the quiver of water arrows.

Then I was mistaken on the durability.

But still Blizzard could add thrown to the auto-shot and other skills too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep
    Then there is ammo for a Hunter no matter what. Bows/Guns still have durability thus if you have no Bow/Gun that's durable, you can't fire Arrows/Bullets.