[New Warlock] Spell clipping?Help pls.

So i have been lvling a warlock and he is now lvl 76 as destro. Currently i am doing around 2k dps in 5 mans single target , which i dont think is horrible for that lvl.

Since i've been playing melee forever and nearing lvl 80 on the warlock I am trying to not be so fail for when i get him to raids and etc. In Short i am wondering if it is a dps lost to delay say a Chaosbolt , immolate or conflag for a incinerate if they are a .5sec comming off cooldown.

Not sure if that makes sense to everyone so heres a example.

Immolate is up on boss
    Conflag is on cooldown
    Chaosbolt is on cooldown with .7secs remaining

at this time do i cast another incinerate? or should i just wait for .7sec for choasbolt and incinerate after ?

Any other class mechanic tips would be appreciated

thanks !

p.s i have read the guides up top but they are more general stuff and most of which (like gearing &gemming etc) i can figure out . Im just looking for the small details the makes the difference between a a 10 k dps lock vs 13 k dps lock

15+ Year Old Account

Re: [New Warlock] Spell clipping?Help pls.

1) Never wait to cast anything
    2) If you can cast a DOT effect such that the application of the dot occurs after the dot falls off, do it.
    3) Never refresh a dot early - you will eventually learn when this is acceptable but until you figure it out yourself it will never be a dps increase.

R.I.P. YARG

Thanks Gherkin

15+ Year Old Account

Read the entirety of Modez' Fireside Chat thread (stickied) as it contains more than I could relate here.

Really, the spec is about practice. The more you play it, the more you feel it and can start doing more with it.

R.I.P. YARG

I'll make sure to fully read this time around.

Deleted

Its the same for pretty much all DPS specs - always be casting something

You should avoid clipping dots, but immolate is essential for your fire spells (i.e. incenerate, chaos bolt, and conflag) it buffs their damage, and is the only dot that is worth clipping, but only in a need to situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jimrush51
    You should avoid clipping dots, but immolate is essential for your fire spells (i.e. incenerate, chaos bolt, and conflag) it buffs their damage, and is the only dot that is worth clipping, but only in a need to situation.
    ...and only if timed correctly after a tick. It's tricky, I know.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side