LK10 normal fight

We are a 10m only social guild which runs ICC10 on a weekly basis.
    We had 3 evenings full of whiping on the LK.

It all goes well.
    Phase 1 we get 2 and sometimes 3 horrors. NO deaths and the DPS is high.
    Transition phases goes oke also. We mostly have 1-or 2 adds alive. The second add is then at 10% hp.
    Phase 2 goes alright also We are used to Defile and valkyrs. We mostly have 5-6 valkyrs and then the transition phase again.
    Then we have 2 adds still alive and phase 3 begins.
    Our best try in this is 16% (last night).

But ppl still die....
    Our raid setup last night:
    Prot Paladin
    DK Tank

Holy Priest (Goes DPS in phase 1-2 and goes healing in last phase)
    Disc Priest
    Resto Druid

Fury warrior
    2x Retridins
    Rogue
    Mage

I know we had alot of melee yesterday, but 15min before start of the raid our lock declined. Otherwise 1 retridin was going away.

2 things kills us in phase 3. All the adds. The mage can only kill 2 in the time the are up (He is arcane specced).
    Our resto druid is ALWAYS the first to get pulled into frostmourne room. Otherwise the holy priest is DPSing the adds also...

Everybody dies in frostmourne room.
    Especially the resto druid. He heals Menethil but can't get him above 50%.. And when the add dies then suddenly he dies also...
    DPS (Mage) is also dieing in the room when the add dies.

Re: LK10 normal fight

you cant just say "he suddenly dies" there is a reason for it, check the combat logs , and you shouldnt be killing the spirits that LK spawns in last phase , use a tank to soak them.

druid+disc should be able to heal it, you need 3 range for phase 3

Get your mage to spec fire and spam Living Bomb, i have single handed killed every single one that way.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

There is no need to kill the vile spirits. Before they are going to spawn pull the lich king to the edge of the platform. When they spawn drag the lich king to the opposite side of the throne and have your raid stack on him. When they are almost there have your dk tank pop cooldowns and run into them to blow them up, this will save your raid a load of dps time. Just don't drop any defiles in the area where your tank is going to be blowing them up. It's easier with some form of aoe slow but that isn't required.

As for the frostmourne room, just healing terenas or dpsing the add isn't enough. The add will cast a spell called soul rip that must be dispelled, interrupted, stunned or otherwise prevented. Failing to do so is not an option, it needs to be stopped

Also you might as well have your holy priest go shadow or just sub him for an extra dps, holy isn't really particularly strong for that fight.

15+ Year Old Account

Your mage's spec should be fb lb, he will do more dps on this encounter as fire then he would as acrane
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

mage should counterspell in frostmourne. should not be a problem.
    Resto druid go bear, bash/charge to interupt. cat to maim.

mage in fire spec for living bomb and soak.
    use BL as soon as the 2nd add spawns in 2nd transition.

Deleted

Do they interupt the add in the frostmourne room when the add is channeling ?
    as for the vile spirits, we let the offtank soack them as much as possible.

I was shown a video about a resto druid doing the frostmourne room and the key is to get the debuff off of the add. You can't just heal him to full.

It went something like Cat -> Maim(Pre hot the dude before the first debuff/channel)
    2nd) Bear -> Bash
    Repeat? ..

Here's a video of it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8llZ0OIzKb4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    I think it's awesome that you tried to quantify 'epic fail' into an equation ;D

Soaking is shit without a hunter to slow trap them. About the frostmourne room. There is that soul reap that the enemy is casting that you need to interrupt.... if you do that its easy. The resto druid can do it in bear form.

I know its rather strange, but this is how my group does it and it seems to work. Yes, that is a lot of melee to bring, but to handle phase 3 spirits, just kite them around.

In phase 3, we tank arthas at the foot of his stairs, and the ranged/healers spread out in a semi circle around him max range. This way, when spirits spawn, there is more room to "kite" them.
    I might be completely wrong, but basically what i think, is they have proximity aggro to someone random in ranged. You kite one, and let it hit you when you are a safe distance from others (15 or so yards) so the aoe doesnt hit them as well. My raid usually burns 1-2 spirits down, and then kites the others away from the group and lets them explode (they are shielded before hand by myself, the disc priest in the group).

Inside frostmourne, there are 2 npc's. a good one, and a bad one. if you are a healer, you heal the good one. when the bad one channels his nasty damage thing, they need to silence/interrupt it. Druids can cyclone (i think) or bash, pallies can hammer, priests can shackle, shamans can wind shear. If you dont, the good npc will take loads of damage and you wont be able to keep him up. If you are a dps, you dps down the bad one, and once again, interrupt/silence the channel or you loose. I've never personally been in frostmourne, just stating it as i've heard and we dont have issues.

Try looking at the combat logs to see why people die, it will let you get better feedback as to what your guildies are doing wrong.

Inside frostmourne you have to either interrupt the mob, or dispel Terenas.
    Now this kinda sucks for resto druids as they don't have a direct interrupt and cannot dispel magical effects so here is what he should do:
    If you keep Terenas up (he does more damage with more hp and the channeled DoT is what does most damage) the mob should only cast it twice.
    For the first one you need to go bear and then bash the mob. The second one we tell the druids to warstomp (we play horde). If you are alliance your druid will need to go cat, build up 1 combo point and do the stun/disorient finisher.

If you do this (mage can just counterspell) Terenas will get significantly less damage and no one will die in the frostmourne room.

For the vile spirits... well without 2 ranged it SUCKS >_< If you can get your lock, make him go affliction and seed spam the shit out of the spirits while they spawn. This takes down a TON of them. Have your ret pallies ready to holy wrath them as they come down (not straight away because they're out of range as they spawn). This gives some precious extra seconds for your mage.
    If your mage gets pulled into frostmourne and vile spirits spawn, let your pally tank use Divine Sacrifice and hope for the best

Well a few things are obvious from your post.

First of all, why is the priest suddenly healing after phase 1/2? If anything, he should be healing in that phase instead of in phase 3.... From my experience, there is very little to heal in p3 compared to p1/2 (no more infest is a big deal)

Anyway, that isn't your biggest problem. Since you are running with only 1 ranged dps, I doubt you should be even trying to kill the vile spirits. Spread out your raid on the opposite side of the room (so, adds spawn at one side --> move boss to the other side). Since you run with 3 paladins, you can use them to soak 3 full waves of vile spirits by simply bubbling + running into them. After that your offtank should be able to soak most of the waves. This should make the AoE damage almost zero.

People dieing in the frostmourne room is NOT acceptable and really shouldn't happen, especially not with the 20% buff atm. No matter the spec or class. Usually when this does happen, it is because they forget to either interrupt or dispell the drain-life ability of the enemy NPC. (Can't remember the name, but it's a channeled ability that kills the friendly NPC very fast and heals up the enemy NPC). The priests and paladins can simply cleanse the friendly NPC to get rid of it, the others have to interrupt it (For your resto druid, bearform interrupt ftw).

Once your raid tweeks out what they are firing to, you'll kill him so fast you will wonder why you had hard time befor, like most end raid bosses just takes some time, wipes and the wanting need to kill the basterd.

for the spirits, it would be hard to kill alot with only 1 range. let the paladins bubble soak or kill as much as possible and ask the raid to spread out as much as possible when the spirits come down.

for frostmourne room, dpsers should burn the enemy add as fast as possible and interrupt when it start to channel soul rip. for healers,try to heal the king as full as possible. pally or priest healer should dispel the king when soulrip debuff is on him. for druid healer, the interrupt part is tricky if he is not used to feral spec/skills. even then it is still possible to brute force heal through soul rip, especially with 20% buff.

Thanks all for the info.

Just talked to our Resto druid. He never interrupted the casting and just healed Menethil.

Why we have a third healer in phase 3 is because our druid is always in frostmourne room and we don't have a proper tactic for the vile spirits so alot of damage is incoming.
    The priest is btw shadow and heals in phase 3.

Wow... shadow priest and he heals in p3? XD
    Shadow priests are INSANE against vile spirits. Mind sear RIPS through them.

Once your druid starts interrupting the time he spends inside the room is reduced drastically (like I said, Terenas does more damage if he has higher total health, so the mob inside it dies faster).
    On our first kill we used 3 healers constantly btw (3 melee DPS and 2 ranged DPS) and had no problems with the DPS check (this was at the 5% buff, though we did have 25 man gear).

So yesterday we got our group together again.
    Raid setup:
    Prot paladin
    DK Tank

Resto Druid
    Disc Priest

Shadowpriest
    Fire Mage
    2x retridin
    Rogue
    Fury Warrior

First try of the evening. 18%
    Second try.
    While we entered the last phase our Fire Mage died. And our prot paladin died.
    Our shadow priest couldn't kill any viles. So he switched to LK.
    Basicly it was spread out on devile and spread out on viles.
    Second try Lich King died. Piece of cake :P

Thanx all for the help.

Grats, and good luck with hard modes.